Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

Regardless, they're definitely woke. Gonna take a major meltdown for PG to stumble I think. Very disciplined, extremely well rounded, several stud athletes, and a team effort all the way around. If they stay focused....the sky is the limit. They're in new territory now, deeper than they've ever been. They can't get distracted by all the hype.....y'all go get that ever so elusive state title.

That's the way you play Hawks!!!

Congrats Melissa on a great season! You guys kinda remind me of our team a few years ago. Ya'll's boys are going to get bigger, stronger, and smarter. Good things to come!

2 hours ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Congrats to PG! Y’all straight up moped the floor with us. We were out matched and out powered from start to end. As I said earlier in the week, if y’all won I would support and root y’all on all the way to the end.....so I’m onboard the PG wagon!! Who has a PG hat for me??? 

Welcome! Glad to have ya:) Rather have you on our team than anybody else's.

Hats off to the Melissa posters for class shown congratulating the victors, acknowledging superiority, and offering support to PG going forward in the playoffs. HP knocked my team out in round one and I was proud of my teams performance and continue to support those rich kids in their quest for another championship. Happy for success PG is experiencing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 11:24 AM, regaleagle said:

Just looking at the Melissa filmclips.......this team reminds me of the 2012 Argyle team.  That year, the Eagles lost the first game of the season before reeling off 11 consecutive wins.  They lost to Gilmer in the 3rd Round and Gilmer won State that year.  Argyle had a young, athletic team that year......and the next year went 16-0 to win the SC title.  Not saying Melissa can't win it this year......I picked them in my State Championship Bracket for this division.  Just saying their make-up......youth, athleticism, and team chemistry......looks very similar to the 2012/2013 Argyle team.

Gilmer was beat by Navasota in the State Championship Game 39-3.