Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

9 minutes ago, CowboysFan82 said:

Clearly Melissa hasn’t played anyone worth mentioning and PG has lined up and beat the heck out of the early 90’s Dallas Cowboys each and every week. Melissa doesn’t stand a chance. Probably won’t score a single point. PG wins this one 120-0

😒

This isn't Carthage we're talking about here. That would make it 128-0 though.

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Go ask Aubrey coach who is faster. Melissa or PG. If you can’t find the quote, I’ll be glad to link it for you 

Just saying. One team posted times at the state track meet, and one didn't. Melissa has some speed. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

It’s all in good fun. Unless you’re PGdad

THEN ITS PERSONAL

Yeah I understand. Just isn’t much fun going back and forth with someone who has absolutely no respect for any team but his own. Gonna be tough if PG falls. That being said, I think the winner of this game has a real shot at winning the entire thing. 

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

This isn't Carthage we're talking about here. That would make it 128-0 though.

Haha I think Melissa would find the Endzone once or twice against Carthage! (Note: I am not proclaiming that Melissa would beat Carthage. Just stating that they would score more than 0 IMO)

Just now, CowboysFan82 said:

Yeah I understand. Just isn’t much fun going back and forth with someone who has absolutely no respect for any team but his own. Gonna be tough if PG falls. That being said, I think the winner of this game has a real shot at winning the entire thing. 

Melissa QB looks to be very good. PG defensive front matches up well though. Our secondary is above average. I wouldn’t consider them great. Now our linebackers are as physical as any.  PG defense isn’t caught out of position very often. That’s coaching.  

PG offense “rides the hot hand”. Lots of weapons. Two deep at all three running back positions with not much drop off. Fresh legs always on the field. PG subs 3 or 4 players every down. Multiple sets. Multiple ways they lineup. Motion of some sort on just about every play. Hard to follow. 

5 minutes ago, CowboysFan82 said:

Haha I think Melissa would find the Endzone once or twice against Carthage! (Note: I am not proclaiming that Melissa would beat Carthage. Just stating that they would score more than 0 IMO)

Well, PGDad made that claim....

2 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Melissa QB looks to be very good. PG defensive front matches up well though. Our secondary is above average. I wouldn’t consider them great. Now our linebackers are as physical as any.  PG defense isn’t caught out of position very often. That’s coaching.  

PG offense “rides the hot hand”. Lots of weapons. Two deep at all three running back positions with not much drop off. Fresh legs always on the field. PG subs 3 or 4 players every down. Multiple sets. Multiple ways they lineup. Motion of some sort on just about every play. Hard to follow. 

Melissa QB and run game has been very good thus far. I’m interested to see how their run game matches up with the front 7 of PG.

Melissa’s offense is a machine once they start to roll. PG’s defense is legit. Should make for a fun Friday night!

2 minutes ago, CowboysFan82 said:

Melissa QB and run game has been very good thus far. I’m interested to see how their run game matches up with the front 7 of PG.

Melissa’s offense is a machine once they start to roll. PG’s defense is legit. Should make for a fun Friday night!

The matchups between these two teams are pretty equal. Power on power. Size on size. Melissa obviously held Gilmer to what I think is a season low point total. I would consider Melissa’s secondary to be better than ours. PG only throws when needed. But will we need to very often?  That’s the real question. These two teams are pretty equal on paper(except for win/losses). I think the difference will be our running game vs Melissa run defense. I don’t think Melissa will be able to survive the 3 headed monster of PG. 

I hope this doesn’t make me sound like too much of a homer. This is my Honest opinion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

The matchups between these two teams are pretty equal. Power on power. Size on size. Melissa obviously held Gilmer to what I think is a season low point total. I would consider Melissa’s secondary to be better than ours. PG only throws when needed. But will we need to very often?  That’s the real question. These two teams are pretty equal on paper(except for win/losses). I think the difference will be our running game vs Melissa run defense. I don’t think Melissa will be able to survive the 3 headed monster of PG. 

I hope this doesn’t make me sound like too much of a homer. This is my Honest opinion. 

I respect your opinion man! You should definitely have faith in you guys. Winning 13 in a row is legit. It will be a battle on Friday night. I hope Melissa defense can slow the PG run game and get off of the field. That will be the key to this game. 

I honestly believe Melissa will pull off the W, but won’t be surprised either way. Let’s hit the fast forward button!

38 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Clearly Melissa plays teams with no defense. Just wait til you get a taste of the team speed of PG

Good gawd I hope your kidding, i don't know how much more of these dumb_ _ _ comments I can handle. Rusk was gonna whip us because they were so fast, had the best runningback in the state and the defense was lock down. Well we beat them. Then Gilmer was gonna destroy us by 30 or 40 because that Gilmer offense was the best most explosive offense in Texas and Poppy Brown is the best qb in Texas since Roger Stabach. Oh and the Black flag defense was back and everything was wonderful in Buckeye land. Well guess what we whipped that poison nut. Now you jackwagons are back at it again only now PG is the best thing since the 92 cowboys. Yall put a new spin on homer

4 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

PG

PF=554    PA=212

Opponents combined record 71-78

Melissa

PF=591   PA=308

Opponents combined record 71-71

I’ll give PG an edge on defense but I still say Melissa isn’t down n out of this one.

Just know that in 6 of our wins we had second and third stringers for entire quarters in the game with a running clock. 

LE, KRUM, Frisco, Gladewater, Atlanta without the running clock. That may make our PF a little less impressive 

2 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Good gawd I hope your kidding, i don't know how much more of these dumb_ _ _ comments I can handle. Rusk was gonna whip us because they were so fast, had the best runningback in the state and the defense was lock down. Well we beat them. Then Gilmer was gonna destroy us by 30 or 40 because that Gilmer offense was the best most explosive offense in Texas and Poppy Brown is the best qb in Texas since Roger Stabach. Oh and the Black flag defense was back and everything was wonderful in Buckeye land. Well guess what we whipped that poison nut. Now you jackwagons are back at it again only now PG is the best thing since the 92 cowboys. Yall put a new spin on homer

Take a Valium man. I said it was all In good fun.

2 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Just know that in 6 of our wins we had second and third stringers for entire quarters in the game with a running clock. 

LE, KRUM, Frisco, Gladewater, Atlanta without the running clock 

Touché. Melissa hasn’t played starters for 4qtrs till round 2. Usually backups fill in halfway thru 3rd. Sorry.....please don’t take my comment as cocky by any means either , just trying to help explain how alike these two teams are other than a slightly more stingy defense for PG.

1 minute ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Touché. Melissa hasn’t played starters for 4qtrs till round 2. Usually backups fill in halfway thru 3rd. Sorry.....please don’t take my comment as cocky by any means either , just trying to help explain how alike these two teams are other than a slightly more stingy defense for PG.

Yes sir. I agree 100%. 

I think a lot of all this comes down to Melissa QB Brendon Lewis who is without a doubt one of the top dual threat QB’s in state. If he’s able to scamper and extend plays and pick up yardage that is needed to keep drives alive, then Melissa has a chance, if not then PG wins. Plain as that in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, RedRed said:

You are jerk!

Just now, RedRed said:

That wasn't directly all to you as much as a general statement for lots of people who been talking static for over two weeks now. 

Red, understand that PG won our district and was head and shoulders above the rest, despite whether a score makes you think the game was close. Gilmer does have a very explosive offense. The problem with the Buckeyes this year is their defense. It has been suspect all year. Toward the end of district it started to gel, so I'm sure going into the game this past week the Gilmer fans were very optimistic that they had turned things around. Thus their confidence. Others, like me, support our district teams in the playoffs, & in the last 16 years I've seen a Buckeye team that pulled victory from defeat many times. They always seemed to find a way. That being said, the Buckeyes didn't win our district, PG did. After seeing PG play I said they had the best defense and were the most balanced team we had faced this year, & we faced some good ones in Carthage and several others from the DOD. 

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Melissa play this year, & their win over Gilmer to me is impressive, but PG is a different animal defensively than Gilmer. If Melissa pulls off the win, then I have no doubt they can win the state championship. I just have my doubts that they can score enough on that PG defense. 

Oh, don't be too hard on PGDad. His confidence might sound overboard to y'all but I promise you he has every respect for Melissa. Yes, he is a homer, but aren't we all? He believes in his team as y'all do. Don't read disrespect into his words because it's not there. He is really one of the good guys.

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

You are jerk!

Lol how am I being a jerk? All we Melissa people have heard for over two weeks is how bad we are gonna get neat and we arnt that good and we haven't played anybody nor seen speed like Rusk and Gilmer. Not to mention how many times have people thrown in our face over the last few weeks how Gilmer has beaten Melissa so bad the last few years 178-6. Funny y'all can throw stuff out but you can't take it when your team gets there head beat in. You can take your jerk and shove it... 

51 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Red, understand that PG won our district and was head and shoulders above the rest, despite whether a score makes you think the game was close. Gilmer does have a very explosive offense. The problem with the Buckeyes this year is their defense. It has been suspect all year. Toward the end of district it started to gel, so I'm sure going into the game this past week the Gilmer fans were very optimistic that they had turned things around. Thus their confidence. Others, like me, support our district teams in the playoffs, & in the last 16 years I've seen a Buckeye team that pulled victory from defeat many times. They always seemed to find a way. That being said, the Buckeyes didn't win our district, PG did. After seeing PG play I said they had the best defense and were the most balanced team we had faced this year, & we faced some good ones in Carthage and several others from the DOD. 

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Melissa play this year, & their win over Gilmer to me is impressive, but PG is a different animal defensively than Gilmer. If Melissa pulls off the win, then I have no doubt they can win the state championship. I just have my doubts that they can score enough on that PG defense. 

Oh, don't be too hard on PGDad. His confidence might sound overboard to y'all but I promise you he has every respect for Melissa. Yes, he is a homer, but aren't we all? He believes in his team as y'all do. Don't read disrespect into his words because it's not there. He is really one of the good guys.

Good post, but you of all people should know we have gotten no love from east Texas and I get it.  You have read all the post talking about Rusk and Gilmer and how they were going to destroy us and talking all kinds of trash. I have no issue with trash talking, but don't trash talk all week then your team gets beat then not expect to get ribbed about it and cry foul. Thats bs, man up and take it. If your big enough to run your mouth then be man enough to take it on the chin when it doesn't go your way. 

By the way golfingnut this wasn't directed at you.

6 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Good post, but you of all people should know we have gotten no love from east Texas and I get it.  You have read all the post talking about Rusk and Gilmer and how they were going to destroy us and talking all kinds of trash. I have no issue with trash talking, but don't trash talk all week then your team gets beat then not expect to get ribbed about it and cry foul. Thats bs, man up and take it. If your big enough to run your mouth then be man enough to take it on the chin when it doesn't go your way. 

By the way golfingnut this wasn't directed at you.

Agreed!