Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

5 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Big Carthage fan here. But I disagree with your statement. I think there are a few D2 teams that could beat Carthage, if Carthage wasn’t ready to play/had a terrible game. 

Ok but your average playing vs any d2 teams average playing and Carthage would win Everytime just my opinion though

6 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Big Carthage fan here. But I disagree with your statement. I think there are a few D2 teams that could beat Carthage, if Carthage wasn’t ready to play/had a terrible game. 

It would take a complete meltdown in my eyes for Carthage to get beat by a D2 team, especially this late in the year. We'll never know so it's just speculation.

9 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

PG hasn’t seen the Athletes???  Dude they’ve  seen just as good everyday in practice. Marshall doesn’t have Athletes? Liberty Eylau?? Arkansas High?  

You’re crazy to think that 

^ This +1 

They most definitely see Athletes every day. And speed, Lets just say we have it too 

I wrote out a huge message in response to PG not seeing athletes, but I'm not even going to get into it.

All I can say is, and this is just from my perspective, Atlanta literally run over Gilmer for 4 quarters. 600+ yards of total offense. You could tell Atlanta was a faster team, especially when we ran our sprinter across the center of the field and he easily got behind the Gilmer secondary. It just blows my mind that people say some of the things they do.

Not directing this towards you RedRed, I just wonder how people come up with a conclusion like that. I watched highlights of the game. This upcoming game Friday, will be a total 180 from what Melissa saw against Gilmer. I see that GIlmer's front was able to get pressure on the QB. It will be interesting to see what happens this week, as PG's front is extremely good. 

Props to Melissa for getting it done, and doing what a lot of us fail to do year in and year out. I wish I could know the feeling. It's been far too long. 

10 hours ago, RedRed said:

Melissa is a fairly new school opening the high school in 2004. They have had lots of success in football over the years and winning the state title in 2011. Head Coach AD Seth Stint on has been on Melissa I believe since 2008. 2014 and 2015 saw Melissa take a huge nose dive south in football. Last year Melissa got a taste of winning again and made it 2 rounds in the playoffs before Gilmer blew us out of Mesquite Hanby Stadium. This year we have a lot of youth that are stellar Atheletes that have grown up big time and are awesome football players. There is speed all over the field. I was fortunate to get to talk to a few Gilmer folks that are on this site after the game and they all were in awe of how much better and faster Melissa got in 1 year. What I liked hearing the most was them saying we should beat PG and that PG hasn't seen the Atheletes that Melissa has this year. They even went as far to say they believed Melissa to be as good as Carthage this year. 

So there you are take it for what it's worth. The game still has to be played.

Surely.....surely you are just trolling....

Melissa is nowhere near Carthage's level.

and to say PG has not seen athletes is insane. Gilmer, Atlanta, Liberty Eylau, etc etc......

8 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

Surely.....surely you are just trolling....

Melissa is nowhere near Carthage's level.

and to say PG has not seen athletes is insane. Gilmer, Atlanta, Liberty Eylau, etc etc......

PG has speed at every position, Including the D Line. The coaching staff at PG deserves most of the credit here. They believe in their players and let them play aggressively. The kids have the “it” factor this year. They believe and expect to win. 

I agree PG made Atlanta speed not a factor and Melissa isn't Faster then Atlanta. Then Gilmer relied on its offense PG relies on Defense. Gilmer is a majority passing team PG is more of a running team. If Gilmer got pressure on QB then he will be running for his life against PG. I say the first half is a nail biter then I think PG grabs a lead and holds on. I'm going with 35-21 PG should be a really good game.

I have to find a way to get a seat at this game. I've thought and thought about how I'm going to make it. If I can get off early enough Friday, I'll be able to get there 30 minutes before it starts. I don't see there being a seat available though. 

I wonder if tickets will be sold out? 

52 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I have to find a way to get a seat at this game. I've thought and thought about how I'm going to make it. If I can get off early enough Friday, I'll be able to get there 30 minutes before it starts. I don't see there being a seat available though. 

I wonder if tickets will be sold out? 

If you will wear a Melissa shirt I'll get you in the game. 

At this point were down to the elite 8 teams in 4A D2, so those that are still playing are all dang good teams and are deserving of props.Yes I understand East TX thinks highly of their football, and yes I give PG the edge this week but I’m not counting Melissa out by any means. Last time Melissa went this deep in 2011 underestimated and unnoticed it ended in Arlington with a ring. Regardless, congrats to both programs on being the final two standing in region 2.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

At this point were down to the elite 8 teams in 4A D2, so those that are still playing are all dang good teams and are deserving of props.Yes I understand East TX thinks highly of their football, and yes I give PG the edge this week but I’m not counting Melissa out by any means. Last time Melissa went this deep in 2011 underestimated and unnoticed it ended in Arlington with a ring. Regardless, congrats to both programs on being the final two standing in region 2.

All I can say is get ready! I'm anxious to see a good game! Though, with my luck, this will be a blowout, going either direction. I'm deciding between Carthage/Hendo, or this game. My posse is going to this one though. 

11 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

All I can say is get ready! I'm anxious to see a good game! Though, with my luck, this will be a blowout, going either direction. I'm deciding between Carthage/Hendo, or this game. My posse is going to this one though. 

I see a pretty close game either way 

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Wow this thread died. 

PG by 28. No way Melissa hangs with the Hawks. 

Yeah, every time I try to write something it seems very repetitive. They look like a good team that is on the way up but that's just it...on the way up, similar to us the last few years. I see every point that keeps being brought up and some things about Melissa worry me but I do not think they have the "it" factor or are playing at a level that can defeat us.

8 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

And Melissa fans, remember Porchia is pronounced “POOR SHAY”

Get to know him. He is #5

also any running back with a “2” on his jersey. Be nice to them and they won’t stiff arm you too bad 

Oh wow! Hang on I’m gonna need to go get my hip waders cause the BS is getting deep in here now!:lol:

I'm going with PG in this one but Melissa Isn't going to be a walk in the park. I believe PG has the best front 7 we have seen this year. I will say this #5 can run the ball for Melissa and can fly and is hard to tackle in open space. Reciever is tall and High Points the ball well with Great hands. 2 of their Touchdowns I thought Webb had great coverage but ball was thrown well and Reciever went up and got it. I want to say this game will be 28-21 type game in PG Favor. Both these teams are deserving with where their at and both are very well coached teams. Good Luck to Both and Safe Travels and No Injuries..im rooting for our District Brethren. But wouldn' be surprised if Melissa won.