Carthage (13-0) vs Henderson (11-2) at SFA (7:30 p.m. Friday)

Sportsfanatic1

Henderson vs Carthage  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Rematch

• Henderson Lions
    • Carthage Bulldawgs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:30 AM

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Anything can happen just like last year

You are correct, keep the faith in your team like you always do. You're faithful for Henderson and I strongly believe in Carthage's ability. Oh well, I will be here all week and after the game is over Friday. I absolutely love rivalry games, can't wait to bark and make noise to support Carthage. Go Dawgs!!

Wishful koolaid consumption says Henderson shocks the world.  What I’ve seen and heard say Carthage but I’ll cue up the Lee Corso voice and say “Closer than the experts think.”

Like it was said above, this is probably the best Carthage team I’ve seen but this is the 4th round and it’s no fluke Henderson is still here.  If the offense can produce it could be close.  I’d love to see the Lions catch Carthage in a bad spot because they haven’t really been in one all year save the first half at Gilmer.  I won’t hang my head if Carthage wins by 3-4 scores, nor will I be surprised if it’s a punch for punch game like last year.  Whoever wins will be the team who I root for to win it all.  

38 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yep still playing ...... When you wake up it still will be 20-14 who daddy now

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

THE DOOOOMMM DAWG is DADDY; But You KNOW THIS, Man!!!

3 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Pulling for Hendo in this one.... but they've got a tall, tall task ahead of them. I will say Hendo's defense is waaaaay better than it was in week 6, IMO.

Question is... How much better was Kilgore's passing game tonight, versus wk 6? Some? Lots? Henderson's D did what NO OTHER team did... Effectively shut Keyontay Ingram down..... But it was not nearly enough to do That AND cover Bowens, DeWaylon Ingram, Mekhi Colbert & others who Swarmed the Lion secondary!

14 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yes running game as well. This aint the same team that was beat by Carthage

I have to tell YOU, friend.... If you think this Carthage team is the very same team that Stomped your kitties heads in the last time; You, & They are going to be VERY, VERY shocked by just how Much Better they are now! Lol!

I’m just proud Henderson got back to the regional championship. I think this is the 5th time this decade out of 7 years. I know it’s not what Carthage has done but most teams would love to be able to say that. I know before Surratt arrived that would be an honor for them to say. Then again, no one else in the state has achieved what Carthage has in recent history.

50 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Question is... How much better was Kilgore's passing game tonight, versus wk 6? Some? Lots? Henderson's D did what NO OTHER team did... Effectively shut Keyontay Ingram down..... But it was not nearly enough to do That AND cover Bowens, DeWaylon Ingram, Mekhi Colbert & others who Swarmed the Lion secondary!

We threw it a little more than normal tonight, for maybe 80 yds. Most every pass play we dialed up they covered pretty well. The only deep ball we hit was a deep post to Wheat that was fairly well defended. Shepherd did not play tonight, but I don't think he would have made much of a difference.

7 hours ago, CDAWG68 said:

You are correct, keep the faith in your team like you always do. You're faithful for Henderson and I strongly believe in Carthage's ability. Oh well, I will be here all week and after the game is over Friday. I absolutely love rivalry games, can't wait to bark and make noise to support Carthage. Go Dawgs!!

That dude's not a faithful fan..go back and look at some of the posts he makes after a Lions' loss....at one pt he was talking non sense about "his" team not deserving to be in the playoffs...now he is their biggest fan again.....lol

Two many weapons on offense to defend and the defense is a back breaker.  The only thing that stopped us last night was Halftime and Coach Surratt pulling the ones out.  8:39 time of possession in the first Half and scored 64 points.  4 times scored on the first play.  Going to be tough to beat us I won’t say never but almost never!!!!! Shout out to my freshman 2 carries 11 yards had another for 10 but called back on a hold way to go #47.   

9 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

That's what kennedale will do to yall

9 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

That's what kennedale will do to yall

One game at a time, & one play at a time, Lion...Kennedale is not for you worry about... You don't even Realize you just admitted that they will be Our problem when you made the statement! Hahaha!

What I saw last not was a well oiled machine. The Dawgs scored on their first 9 possessions. 

That was the best offensive team I have ever seen at the high school level. 

If the Dawgs perform surgery next week like they did tonight, oh my!!!

the Dawg defense let the fastest high school kid in the nation get behind them for three touch downs, but after an adjustment, he was shut down. Silsbee could not run the ball at all on the Dawgs. 

I wish everyone could have seen the precision and flawless operation the Dawg offense operated with against Silsbee. 

Silsbee fans said the Dawgs were even better than advertised. 

If the Dawgs continue playing like they did last night, no one can or will beat them. 

The Dawgs grabbed a whole different gear last night. 

The Dawgnator is for real and growing, close all the windows and bolt the doors because it is coming. 

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

I understand Carthage is one of the best teams in 4A, however comparing what Carthage did to a Silsbee team last night to playing against Henderson does not add up. Silsbee was destroyed by LCM (38-58) which Kilgore did not even let LCM (49-0) score. I would say that Carthage has had the more favorable road in the playoffs so far compared to Henderson. Doesn't sound like Silsbee would have made it very far in the Doom if even out of the Doom when you look at it that way.  I'll take my chances since Henderson has played tougher opponents of late that they have a good chance at shocking some people. 

I say coaching gives Carthage a 7 point advantage............And I say the players give Carthage another 10 point advantage..........So, I would say Carthage is roughly a 17 point favorite..........But many a time in the football world(NFL, college, high school) has a bigger underdog than 17 points won the game..........Carthage has the best chance to win, but Hendo does have the ability to win Friday night

31 minutes ago, KilgoreDogs said:

I understand Carthage is one of the best teams in 4A, however comparing what Carthage did to a Silsbee team last night to playing against Henderson does not add up. Silsbee was destroyed by LCM (38-58) which Kilgore did not even let LCM (49-0) score. I would say that Carthage has had the more favorable road in the playoffs so far compared to Henderson. Doesn't sound like Silsbee would have made it very far in the Doom if even out of the Doom when you look at it that way.  I'll take my chances since Henderson has played tougher opponents of late that they have a good chance at shocking some people. 

That may be, but I have a hard time believing Kilgore or Henderson’s defense improves to the point that either team should have had as much trouble on offense as they did last night. You guys can say it was a tough defensive battle, but I bet it was more likely bad offense.

Silsbee also heat that same Navasota team Henderson beat by about the Same margin.

It will take a near flawless effort for Henderson and much better offense than they played last night.

16 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

I say coaching gives Carthage a 7 point advantage............And I say the players give Carthage another 10 point advantage..........So, I would say Carthage is roughly a 17 point favorite..........But many a time in the football world(NFL, college, high school) has a bigger underdog than 17 points won the game..........Carthage has the best chance to win, but Hendo does have the ability to win Friday night

I could see some of that also. Carthage has an excellent staff, hard to argue, but I would not discount the Henderson players at all, they are tough also. This should be the toughest test for Carthage so far in the playoffs.

• Mr. P changed the title to Carthage (13-0) vs Henderson (11-2) at SFA (7:30 p.m. Friday)
1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

That may be, but I have a hard time believing Kilgore or Henderson’s defense improves to the point that either team should have had as much trouble on offense as they did last night. You guys can say it was a tough defensive battle, but I bet it was more likely bad offense.

Silsbee also heat that same Navasota team Henderson beat by about the Same margin.

It will take a near flawless effort for Henderson and much better offense than they played last night.

Very true. Kilgores problems last night on offense will not be the same for Carthage... mainly because Carthage understands that throwing the ball will loosen up the defense so you can run the ball. (I wish Kilgore would learn this lesson). I am sure Henderson will not be able to play the safeties in the box all night against Carthage. So I agree that the offense was bad. Carthage will score more points then Kilgore even thought about last night. 

I just have a hard seeing that Carthage will run away with this and assuming that Henderson is the same team as earlier in the season.  I expect this to be the first competitive game Carthage has had in awhile. 

• LOL! 1