Carthage (13-0) vs Henderson (11-2) at SFA (7:30 p.m. Friday)

Sportsfanatic1

Henderson vs Carthage  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Rematch

• Henderson Lions
    • Carthage Bulldawgs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, KilgoreDogs said:

Very true. Kilgores problems last night on offense will not be the same for Carthage... mainly because Carthage understands that throwing the ball will loosen up the defense so you can run the ball. (I wish Kilgore would learn this lesson). I am sure Henderson will not be able to play the safeties in the box all night against Carthage. So I agree that the offense was bad. Carthage will score more points then Kilgore even thought about last night. 

I just have a hard seeing that Carthage will run away with this and assuming that Henderson is the same team as earlier in the season.  I expect this to be the first competitive game Carthage has had in awhile. 

I’ll agree with that.

15 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I’ll agree with that.

I do think Carthage is the better team and has a better chance at winning it all, compared to Henderson. However, it would be a boring thread if someone did not find ways that Henderson might be able to win this game. 

Were both teams healthy during the last game?

Just now, Lion70 said:

Rose didn't play that I am aware . Murphy was on the sidelines and freeny was not playing like he was. Hall playing much better and the running game was non existent in the carthage Game. Also carthage had to incredible catches that eventually resulted into TD that honestly may have lucky. Still at the end of the day he made the play so definitely earned. Carthage is impressive and hasn't really been hit the mouth except Gilmer and Henderson early on. Didn't really get out of hand until the 3rd quarter if I recall

I am unaware, what number is Rose? Also who are 44 and 99 on defense, they both are disruptive.

2 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Rose didn't play that I am aware . Murphy was on the sidelines and freeny was not playing like he was. Hall playing much better and the running game was non existent in the carthage Game. Also carthage had to incredible catches that eventually resulted into TD that honestly may have lucky. Still at the end of the day he made the play so definitely earned. Carthage is impressive and hasn't really been hit the mouth except Gilmer and Henderson early on. Didn't really get out of hand until the 3rd quarter if I recall

"Honestly may have been lucky..."

Smh here we go again

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Who makes those catches? That was luck defender didn't have a chance. They earned it through not taking anything away from them

Incredible catches by our receivers on a weekly basis.  But i was just messing with ya lol.

3 minutes ago, ctown94 said:

I think this game will be close. What most people predicted last nights game to be in the 1st 2 minutes. Back and forth scoring or hardly any scoring at all. Could be 47-42 or 17-14. But as always. Pulling for the dawgs to advance 

I agree, games like this where both teams know each other so well have a weird way of being closer than what is expected

2 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

After seeing Henderson play last night and seeing Carthage earlier in the year. Carthage will roll in this one, and the best part I don’t have travel to see it!!!:)

Agreed! I work in nacogdoches! 5 minutes commute for me! I’ll be eating butcher boys before the game cotton84 made me want a  baked potatoe from there

3 minutes ago, ctown94 said:

Agreed! I work in nacogdoches! 5 minutes commute for me! I’ll be eating butcher boys before the game cotton84 made me want a  baked potatoe from there

Shhhhhhh...... we don’t want it too crowded there Friday or the line will be extremely long to eat. 

1 hour ago, KilgoreDogs said:

I am unaware, what number is Rose? Also who are 44 and 99 on defense, they both are disruptive.

44 is Keevie Rose. He's been hurt most of the season didn't play against Carthage or Kilgore. Just now getting into playing shape.

99 is Miguel Ruiz

Both are very good players. Both will play on Saturdays.

6 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

The Carthdawg stat of the night from the Kilgo/Hendo game.....Lions 140+ yards rushing, 190+ yards passing. The balance is there.

You know better than anyone here how much I have been preaching "balance"... Will Hendo have enough? Time will tell, but I'm thinking they fall short at SFA.