Carthage (13-0) vs Henderson (11-2) at SFA (7:30 p.m. Friday)

Sportsfanatic1

Henderson vs Carthage  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Rematch

• Henderson Lions
    • Carthage Bulldawgs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Pay him no mind; He's been riding his bicycle without a hement again....lol!

Lion70 is alright.  He’s passionate about his team.  But you know Henderson is the only team that’s ever improved throughout the season.  Carthage hasnt😉

3 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

They were good to start with. I think some of are confusing confidence with being cocky. Will this game be a massive blowout probably not. Is carthage the clear cut favoite yes. Henderson playing very well as well. They aren't blowing out teams like carthage has but they are winning and looking good. 2010 Chapel Hill was setting 3a Records and they were beat. Not saying carthage can't win state but not really just giving them the ring either. 

Darn! Really??? We hoped you would......🤣

Would not say carthage has improved by who they have played so far in the playoffs. Who knows if Carthage has improved, besides "Surratt is the greatest, and Carthage always gets better" quote. Henderson beat a team that beat them by 10. I think they have proved they are not the same team. Guess we will see if Carthage has improved or has maintained the status quo.

Anybody that thinks the Dawgs are not 10 times better now than they were in the  regular season, should have seen them play last night. 

Flawless execution by the offense in the passing game and K Ingram made moves that made you go, did I just see him juke two players out of their shoes. 

The Dawgs have improved in every playoff game and they will be better next week. It is the Surratt way. 

I hope every fan of high school football gets a chance to watch this Dawg team play. They are special. 

Dawgs by 21

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

27 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Anybody that thinks the Dawgs are not 10 times better now than they were in the  regular season, should have seen them play last night. 

Flawless execution by the offense in the passing game and K Ingram made moves that made you go, did I just see him juke two players out of their shoes. 

The Dawgs have improved in every playoff game and they will be better next week. It is the Surratt way. 

I hope every fan of high school football gets a chance to watch this Dawg team play. They are special. 

Dawgs by 21

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

This is said every week about the dogs. Are they getting better or are you seeing the same thing every week? Status quo?

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Less reps can also mean you’re in better health come playoff time

I agree, it is really hard to say anything bad about how good Carthage is. It says a lot that the only thing bad you can say about them is the players not playing past halftime.

1 hour ago, KilgoreDogs said:

This is said every week about the dogs. Are they getting better or are you seeing the same thing every week? Status quo?

KD, you should’ve seen those Dawgs last night. Absolutely amazing, and it certainly seems you’re really trying to talk yourself into Henderson beating Carthage, because they knocked Kilgore out of the playoffs.

It is a witnessed fact CHS improves throughout the year every year for as long as Surratt has been the HC.

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

They were good to start with. I think some of are confusing confidence with being cocky. Will this game be a massive blowout probably not. Is carthage the clear cut favoite yes. Henderson playing very well as well. They aren't blowing out teams like carthage has but they are winning and looking good. 2010 Chapel Hill was setting 3a Records and they were beat. Not saying carthage can't win state but not really just giving them the ring either. 

Thats fine, because we intend to Take that ring.  Its more fun that way.

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

KD, you should’ve seen those Dawgs last night. Absolutely amazing, and it certainly seems you’re really trying to talk yourself into Henderson beating Carthage, because they knocked Kilgore out of the playoffs.

It is a witnessed fact CHS improves throughout the year every year for as long as Surratt has been the HC.

I am not trying to convince myself that Henderson will win. Kilgore has their own problems, coaching which is the most important one....(wrong thread for that)

I agree that Carthage is amazing, coaching staff, players, community.  I wish you could have seen what Castle's defense did. A team that they let score 45 the first time was held to 14. So I think that Castle is good at making adjustments also. I am not for Henderson but I believe they can win

3 hours ago, Lion70 said:

U said it wasn’t the same Henderson team.  Of course not.  They’ve prolly focused on improving deficiencies, physicality, and maybe got healthier.  But to say that an already good team can’t improve is funny.  

You say say that they haven’t been blowing people out.  Lion, they hung 64 on Silsbee in the first half in a third round playoff game.  64, one half.  Then they coasted.  They could’ve easily scored 80, prolly more. Surrat doesn’t do that, he’s playing for next year as well as this year.  Yes Silsbee scores 30 some odd pts.  That was what most people would call a blowout though. When the opposing coach agrees to a running clock he knows he’s been whooped and wants/needs no more.

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

U said it wasn’t the same Henderson team.  Of course not.  They’ve prolly focused on improving deficiencies, physicality, and maybe got healthier.  But to say that an already good team can’t improve is funny.  

You say say that they haven’t been blowing people out.  Lion, they hung 64 on Silsbee in the first half in a third round playoff game.  64, one half.  Then they coasted.  They could’ve easily scored 80, prolly more. Surrat doesn’t do that, he’s playing for next year as well as this year.  Yes Silsbee scores 30 some odd pts.  That was what most people would call a blowout though. When the opposing coach agrees to a running clock he knows he’s been whooped and wants/needs no more.

Every coach is playing for next year as well as this year. Surratt is not different than any other coach in that aspect. Henderson by 4. 

Lion70 I hope you are at least picking your team to win, when a new poster and a Kilgore fan is picking the Lions!

I still find it unbelievable that we have not ran a single trick play so far, that is a rarity for Carthage. Does that mean that our competition has not forced us to break out new plays or that we are able to execute our game plan well enough? I am laughing when I read about the vast improvements on the Henderson team and how this game should be much closer Friday. I venture to say that Carthage has improved drastically as well, we are complete on offense, defense, and special teams and should dominate in this rematch. Go Dawgs!!

9 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

I still find it unbelievable that we have not ran a single trick play so far, that is a rarity for Carthage. Does that mean that our competition has not forced us to break out new plays or that we are able to execute our game plan well enough? I am laughing when I read about the vast improvements on the Henderson team and how this game should be much closer Friday. I venture to say that Carthage has improved drastically as well, we are complete on offense, defense, and special teams and should dominate in this rematch. Go Dawgs!!

I’ll say it really does seem like the Carthage OL has improved a lot since we saw them last play Henderson.

The holes Ingram has had of late are looking like the 2008-2010 OL’s production.

I’ll say Henderson will be a much more difficult task than what we faced in Lufkin last night, but that’s to be expected. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I agree with a lot of what you say. But why do you wait till the 4th-5th round to sound off/on  Carthage? 

Are you not a border dude? Like Logansport or Juaquin? Typical band fan. But hey, go ahead. Next week it will be a team from Louisiana.

Just a dude huh?