Carthage (13-0) vs Henderson (11-2) at SFA (7:30 p.m. Friday)

Sportsfanatic1

Henderson vs Carthage  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Rematch

• Henderson Lions
    • Carthage Bulldawgs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:30 AM

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Everyone else shouldve known that the proclamation "yall definately wont win state"  was no more than wishful thinking on his part.  Anyhow, i just got me some new longjohns for the game.  Got lucky i suppose, it was slim pickins had to get a mismatched pair but that dont matter.  Maybe some of my luck will rub off on the Dawgs tonight.

Good chance the Dawgs will be playing a few rounds deep the next 3 years at least.......Need to invest in some Under Armour cold gear.......About like long johns for warmth, but more comfortable -------at least to me

3 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Good chance the Dawgs will be playing a few rounds deep the next 3 years at least.......Need to invest in some Under Armour cold gear.......About like long johns for warmth, but more comfortable -------at least to me

I said, even on here, last yr after we won i believed we're on the verge of another 3peat.  Last year was the wildcard.  I'll look into the UA cold gear.  Thanks for the tip.

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

Cotton84, is your real nickname cotton?

Years ago, a guy said I was like a cottonmouth snake with my golf game........He said him and others would think they had me beat, and I would pop and strike like a cottonmouth...........so he called me Cotton for a few years.........The name sorta fizzled out over the years, and that was a long time ago........So, no cotton isn't my nickname 

1 hour ago, trueblue32 said:

Nope, the UIL goes by average daily attendance numbers reported by school registrars, not how many kids are on the team roster.  And Henderson is pretty high up there, much more than Carthage's.  

LMAO flew right over your head :lol:

OK, you can be Allen ISD and if you only have 25 varsity players come out that's what you have. Get the drift now?

17 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Dad gum I hope your not warm tonight and I freeze after you welched? :headbang:

2 hours ago, DTrump said:

What's important are the football roster numbers. In other words how many kids come out for football in each grade starting in HS.

Carthage has Henderson beat by a decent margin.

Carthage had 95 come out for 7th grade alone.  There are 77-79 dressing out in the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, ctown94 said:

I guess nacogdoches is preparing for big crowds this weekend. All of university drive behind the stadium is lined with ropes and tposts saying no parking lol

I saw that earlier! Parking is rough on a normal day (I work here and it's still tough), so I can't even imagine what it's going to be like tonight and especially tomorrow.

47 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I realize that.

I remember a few years ago Gilmer had way more come out for football than a lot of 5A teams.

There is definite truth to what you are saying, but the size of the school determines how many kids you have to choose from. 75 kids from Allen will likely include better athletes than 75 from Carthage just on percentages. But you do have to get them out for football.

Just now, JBizzle said:

There is definite truth to what you are saying, but the size of the school determines how many kids you have to choose from. 75 kids from Allen will likely include better athletes than 75 from Carthage just on percentages. But you do have to get them out for football.

Oh no doubt. Numbers mean a lot when you can build a program up to where a lot of the kids want to play football for that program.

IDK the exact number but I bet we had 10-15 kids go straight baseball this year that played football last year. And it's not the baseball program that's drawing them it's just they don't want to play football anymore. 

It's not a knock on either program but it's the way it turned out.

15 minutes ago, ctown94 said:

I guess nacogdoches is preparing for big crowds this weekend. All of university drive behind the stadium is lined with ropes and tposts saying no parking lol

Just drove into town and yea, it’s going to be an absolute zoo.

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I dont know about yall but im ready for some dang football!  When i leave work it will be like a prison break.  Dawgs 46-24.  Final prediction.

Same! I work at SFA and have been feeling antsy all dang day. If it were up to me I'd go ahead and mark my seat 

3 minutes ago, carthagedawgs2010 said:

Same! I work at SFA and have been feeling antsy all dang day. If it were up to me I'd go ahead and mark my seat 

i work in nacogdoches as well. i just drove through to see some advantage points on entry and i found where im going to go to park. 5:30 cannot come fast enough. ill be getting there around 6-6:30 to get decent parking and low seats and bundle up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ctown94 said:

i work in nacogdoches as well. i just drove through to see some advantage points on entry and i found where im going to go to park. 5:30 cannot come fast enough. ill be getting there around 6-6:30 to get decent parking and low seats and bundle up

That's what my crew and I were thinking as well. 

5 hours and counting! Roll Dawgs!

8 minutes ago, carthagedawgs2010 said:

:woot:

I ain't gonna say what I thought that meant at first...  Hint:  Dawg...mark my seat...:lol:

I'd say good luck to the Dawgs, but y'all ain't gonna need it.

• LOL! 1