Carthage (13-0) vs Henderson (11-2) at SFA (7:30 p.m. Friday)

Sportsfanatic1

Henderson vs Carthage  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Rematch

• Henderson Lions
    • Carthage Bulldawgs

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 01:30 AM

I was one of the Dawg fans that did not post until the Dawgs had the game won. It was a great game and I was nervous until that beautiful 84 yard bomb. 

Lion70 you are a good Lion fan and can rub me and other Dawg fans the wrong way at times, but no need for you to eat crow. You are you, wouldn’t have it any other way. Keeps the thread going at a high pace. 

Wow!!! The Dawgs (coaches and players) what can be said that hasn’t already been said. 

Dawgs are so balanced, they will run on you and pass on you and then the Defense comes in and shuts the run down, knocks the ball loose, intercepts, and the QB’S, receives, and running backs need ice packs and heating pads at the end of games. 

Now it is pay back time!!

the Dawgs won’t be missing 7 starters this time. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

I'm not buying the whole "closer than the score". I think Hendo was much improved. But some are talking about penelties and turnovers like it's the 2nd or 3rd game of the season. It's game 14. IMO that is the difference in why these 2 teams are not that close. Carthage was poised and made plays when it counted. With the exception of 1 terrible 2 play drive in the 2nd quarter that ended in a int (and then a fight) Carthage played championship football. Like Parcells said "you are what your record says you are". Well the score is what it is. 35-0 ain't close. Heck 21-0 ain't close. But Hendo showed a lot of heart and toughness last night. Awesome season.

2 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

One who provokes should get ejected that's the rule. Not blaming the officials for the loss but they were terrible

And the excuses from you keep piling up. Henderson played a close game, too bad the scoreboard reflected a 0 for the Kitties of Henderson. Go Dawgs!!!

2 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

One who provokes should get ejected that's the rule. Not blaming the officials for the loss but they were terrible

So, the guy who hit Ingram 5 yards out-of-bounds and started the skirmish should have been ejected. Okay. Glad you think a Hendo guy should be ejected. Good post by you. 

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

So, the guy who hit Ingram 5 yards out-of-bounds and started the skirmish should have been ejected. Okay. Glad you think a Hendo guy should be ejected. Good post by you. 

What about the Lion player that went all the way around the pile and came at Ingram from the back of the end zone as he was trying to get out of it.  Should he have been ejected also?  As bad as it looked, and it was, the referees made the correct call to call offsetting and ask the coaches to address the teams individually.  There were no other issues with unsportsmanlike after that play.

19 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Didn't see that but yes both should have been if that's the case. You can't throw punches no matter what . Composer gotta change or he is going have trouble at Texas.

K Ingram is one of the best young men playing football in East Texas. He’s not an instigator and does not have attitude problems. One skirmish against your biggest rival 4 rounds deep is not something to take away as “this is just how he is” and expect trouble when he gets to UT. 

Both teams got into it and shouldn’t have.

I was impressed with Hall at QB for HHS. He got hit over and over again. Hall kept getting up and delivering the ball to his receivers knowing he’s going to get hit after he released it. You could tell in the 4th quarter he was tired and battered, but he kept playing, never quit. I’ve enjoyed watching him in both Carthage/Henderson games this year, good player and he keeps coming.

🤜🤛

14 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

What about the Lion player that went all the way around the pile and came at Ingram from the back of the end zone as he was trying to get out of it.  Should he have been ejected also?  As bad as it looked, and it was, the referees made the correct call to call offsetting and ask the coaches to address the teams individually.  There were no other issues with unsportsmanlike after that play.

Been my experience that the team that had something bad happen to them and momentum shifted away from them, usually starts the scrum. That plus what I heard on the radio, Carthage needs to learn how to handle bad times in tight games. Especially since they haven't had any this year and this being the first time they weren't immediately blowing someone out from the jump. 

Also, I doubt an underdog team who just had a big play that could get them into the game, would start a fight. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

You talking smack about a Henderson team that beat you 36-0 and just got done playing a 4th round playoff game? Because they got shut out by one of the best 4A teams to ever step on the field? How do you think Atlanta would have fared against Carthage? I can't believe you got me taking up for Cousin Eddie.

You're taking up cousin Eddie all on your own hoss. I didn't see you taking up for Atlanta when Lion70 was constantly posting about shutting out out a school half their size? Come on back now. 

6 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Been my experience that the team that had something bad happen to them and momentum shifted away from them, usually starts the scrum. That plus what I heard on the radio, Carthage needs to learn how to handle bad times in tight games. Especially since they haven't had any this year and this being the first time they weren't immediately blowing someone out from the jump. 

Also, I doubt an underdog team who just had a big play that could get them into the game, would start a fight. 

If you did not see it happen it’s hard to explain.  It was an INT return on the Lion sideline.  Ingram forced the runner out of bounds but the Lion defender trying to block Ingram drive him 10 yards out of bounds and the two fell near the track.  They stood up and both shoved.  Then the rest of the Lion team joined in, followed by about 10-15 Dawg players.  There was a lot of emotion on both sides and it was unfortunate that it happened.  Under different circumstances it could have resulted in ejections for both teams. I’m glad the refs made the offsetting call. There is no way they could have identified all the payers that threw punches without video replay.  But your point is valid in that Carthage cannot allow some momentary loss of composure to cause us to lose a player next week.

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If you did not see it happen it’s hard to explain.  It was an INT return on the Lion sideline.  Ingram forced the runner out of bounds but the Lion defender trying to block Ingram drive him 10 yards out of bounds and the two fell near the track.  They stood up and both shoved.  Then the rest of the Lion team joined in, followed by about 10-15 Dawg players.  There was a lot of emotion on both sides and it was unfortunate that it happened.  Under different circumstances it could have resulted in ejections for both teams. I’m glad the refs made the offsetting call. There is no way they could have identified all the payers that threw punches without video replay.  But your point is valid in that Carthage cannot allow some momentary loss of composure to cause us to lose a player next week.

I agree to refs doing a good job. I was just speaking to who started it. Some Carthage fans think it was all Henderson and I doubt it. Sounds like Ingram didn't like being blocked, and then couldn't control his emotions. 

24 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

K Ingram is one of the best young men playing football in East Texas. He’s not an instigator and does not have attitude problems. One skirmish against your biggest rival 4 rounds deep is not something to take away as “this is just how he is” and expect trouble when he gets to UT. 

Both teams got into it and shouldn’t have.

I was impressed with Hall at QB for HHS. He got hit over and over again. Hall kept getting up and delivering the ball to his receivers knowing he’s going to get hit after he released it. You could tell in the 4th quarter he was tired and battered, but he kept playing, never quit. I’ve enjoyed watching him in both Carthage/Henderson games this year, good player and he keeps coming.

🤜🤛

This Henderson was the most balanced team Carthage has faced all year long, only an equally balanced team stands a chance against Carthage; I have been saying all year long that Nobody successfully runs on this defense, though several have tried & come away shorthanded.

7 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I agree to refs doing a good job. I was just speaking to who started it. Some Carthage fans think it was all Henderson and I doubt it. Sounds like Ingram didn't like being blocked, and then couldn't control his emotions. 

Were you there or is this another brilliant observation from what you read or heard?

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

Just putting the logical series of events together that's all. 

Is this the part where you say if I didn't see it then I can't comment? Calm down man.

I am calm, it's merely a question for you. A yes or no would have been sufficient, but I like the way you used the smoke and mirrors tactic to answer a simple question.