Kennedale vs Kaufman 4A D1 Region 2 Final

EastTex45

8 hours ago, Vandalman said:

Food for thought: 

Prior to the Midlothian game,

1. Van's offense scored more points on Kennedale than any team this season. (With an injured QB)

2. Van's defense held Kennedale to its second lowest point total (WOS gets 1st place for this)

3. Kaufman beat Van (With Van's QB healthier)

Just some facts to think over...

Van also had a better defense than kaufman has...

I will be shocked if Kaufman wins this game after watching them against us last week. 

not trolling kaufman, just my honest opinion.... good luck to both teams

2 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

I will be shocked if Kaufman wins this game after watching them against us last week. 

There are ups and downs in the season, but I think if we had the ESPN analysts compare position by position, Kennedale would have the edge in most of them...

For the Kaufman folks... Win or lose, watch Kennedale's kicker... That kid has a grenade launcher attached to his quad. 

57 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

Not trolling Kaufman?  Sure thing. Kaufman’s QB ran for 285 yds. against Van. If Van had a better defense than Kaufman, Kaufman would have played Kennedale last week. 

21 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

I thought Kaufman had the best defense in their district. Definitely the fastest and that is important.

1 hour ago, Ringside said:

I thought Kaufman had the best defense in their district. Definitely the fastest and that is important.

The defense has been good enough for Kaufman to go 12-1. A lot of the yards the defense has given up in the three playoff games ihas been when Kaufman has a lead. They have been willing to trade touch downs after getting a lead. In other words, let the other team take time off the clock. The LE fan who said the defense was average at best failed to mention that LE trailed the entire game until taking a 35-31 lead with 5 minutes left in the game. However, after kicking off to Kaufman and with game on the line Kaufman offense AND defense stomped a mud hole in LE’s back side.

3 minutes ago, texasblues46 said:

The defense has been good enough for Kaufman to go 12-1. A lot of the yards the defense has given up in the three playoff games ihas been when Kaufman has a lead. They have been willing to trade touch downs after getting a lead. In other words, let the other team take time off the clock. The LE fan who said the defense was average at best failed to mention that LE trailed the entire game until taking a 35-31 lead with 5 minutes left in the game. However, after kicking off to Kaufman and with game on the line Kaufman offense AND defense stomped a mud hole in LE’s back side.

There is a big difference in bad reads and poorly thrown passes vs a defense "stomping a hole in LE's backside"

The only reason I can think of giving Kaufman any chance in this one is because Kennedale is mostly a run offense..

Kaufman's secondary, overall, could not keep up with LE's receivers... they were very lucky our qb was a little erratic with his throws throughout the game...otherwise we would have scored every single drive because the guys were  getting open.

I cannot really rate kaufman's run defense because we havent had much of a run game all year following the season ending injury to our stud RB.

You really act like Kaufman dominated the entire game against LE...... that was not the case at all

2 hours ago, Ringside said:

The thing I would worry about vs Kennedale is that it takes a balanced D to beat them.  You need speed to run down their speed... but they run a power run offense.  Kennedale is basically smash mouth football but they have 3-4 guys that can/could qualify for the 100 at the state meet.  It's nasty when you have that combination of speed and power.

5 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

There is a big difference in bad reads and poorly thrown passes vs a defense "stomping a hole in LE's backside"

The only reason I can think of giving Kaufman any chance in this one is because Kennedale is mostly a run offense..

Kaufman's secondary, overall, could not keep up with LE's receivers... they were very lucky our qb was a little erratic with his throws throughout the game...otherwise we would have scored every single drive because the guys were  getting open.

I cannot really rate kaufman's run defense because we havent had much of a run game all year following the season ending injury to our stud RB.

You really act like Kaufman dominated the entire game against LE...... that was not the case at all

They could keep up just couldn't out jump those tall receivers!! 

2 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

I never said Kaufman dominated the game. I said LE trailed on the scoreboard. I said LE got stomped with the game on the line, which is what happened. The better team won, period.

Kaufman faces a monumental task by playing Kennedale. Everybody knows that. 4A is deep in good football teams so there’s not any sugars going forward. It’s what makes 4A the best classification in Texas high school football, in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The thing I would worry about vs Kennedale is that it takes a balanced D to beat them.  You need speed to run down their speed... but they run a power run offense.  Kennedale is basically smash mouth football but they have 3-4 guys that can/could qualify for the 100 at the state meet.  It's nasty when you have that combination of speed and power.

Barring a dropped baton, are they a lock to win state in track in the 2 short relays ?

42 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

My gut keeps telling me that Kaufmann gets it done...so Im taking the Lions. That will be two sets of Lions that shock the state Friday night :)

what are they putting in the water in Henderson? lol

you guys had a heck of a game against Kilgore last week, but Carthage is on another level right now. Everyone else in the state is playing for runner up 

56 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

what are they putting in the water in Henderson? lol

you guys had a heck of a game against Kilgore last week, but Carthage is on another level right now. Everyone else in the state is playing for runner up 

The odds are long against it, but a Kaufman/Henderson match up down the road would set this board on fire. It would be a lot of fun.

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

You said 3/4 can/could qualify for 100 for the state meet...........My bad, I didn't know they have a different state meet on grass

See the difference here is selective reading and interpretation on your part.  I am not a track coach.  I am an athletic trainer.  I've seen all kinds of speed on the grass, on the court and on the track.  The kids at Kennedale appear to be the fastest kids in our district which I can only imagine will translate onto the track and in the region as well.  Hence the word COULD  because I don't know for sure...  This is my first year working  in this district and region.  So if you are looking for a fight because I don't fit your narrative, then you should go look somewhere else.  

16 minutes ago, texasblues46 said:

The odds are long against it, but a Kaufman/Henderson match up down the road would set this board on fire. It would be a lot of fun.

Lion would have the thread up before the clock hit 0:00....

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

See the difference here is selective reading and interpretation on your part.  I am not a track coach.  I am an athletic trainer.  I've seen all kinds of speed on the grass, on the court and on the track.  The kids at Kennedale appear to be the fastest kids in our district which I can only imagine will translate onto the track and in the region as well.  Hence the word COULD  because I don't know for sure...  This is my first year working  in this district and region.  So if you are looking for a fight because I don't fit your narrative, then you should go look somewhere else.  

A moderator could ban you from Smoaky for using all caps and large font. Hmmmm. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, cotton84 said:

A moderator could ban you from Smoaky for using all caps and large font. Hmmmm. 

actually, no they can't  ;)  Only an administrator can over-ride me... but I can ban people for no reason, i just choose to try and be fair and subjective.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, texasblues46 said:

It would be the state championship game, so I'd go as far as to say it would set the whole state on fire