Waskom 9-4 VS Newton 12-0 Dec 8th at Lufkin

Wild74

Waskom VS Newton  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For Region 3 Title who wins

Just now, Tiger1995 said:

Our football season here in VA just wrapped up. We lost today in the state simi final 27-24 in double OT so jj will have some time to visit soon

Might as well come should be a fun game, ole JJ on the chains don't know if keeling will let that happen.. lmao

JJ this looks like a JJ vs WaskomFan duo trying to convince one another they can beat Newton.. You heard me say this before.. Only in your dreams..but I do think Waskom better than they were last year. So is Newton. My prediction is Newton will get back to the 50 + points scored per game with Waskom maybe scratching the board with maybe 7.. Now I'm not trying to be a smart azz.   If you looked at the stats vs WR you should know..I do also give Congrats to Waskom for being in the remaining top 8 teams in Texas. Great job. Looking forward to the game Fri. If I'm wrong I be the first to get on here and tell you I'm wrong.. This is only my opinion. Slap be back JJ

4 minutes ago, CACTUS1 said:

JJ this looks like a JJ vs WaskomFan duo trying to convince one another they can beat Newton.. You heard me say this before.. Only in your dreams..but I do think Waskom better than they were last year. So is Newton. My prediction is Newton will get back to the 50 + points scored per game with Waskom maybe scratching the board with maybe 7.. Now I'm not trying to be a smart azz.   If you looked at the stats vs WR you should know..I do also give Congrats to Waskom for being in the remaining top 8 teams in Texas. Great job. Looking forward to the game Fri. If I'm wrong I be the first to get on here and tell you I'm wrong.. This is only my opinion. Slap be back JJ

jj isn't trying to convince a sole lolol.....Might read my breakdown above.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger1995 said:

I will say your a fool if you think all remaining teams left playing atm aren't good enough to win....it's why they are all playing....This game won't be a blow out. Waskom is a lot better than Arp.

It's gonna be bad for Waskom JJ.. Newton Jus Strong .. Be bad I'm telling you..

Just now, CACTUS1 said:

It's gonna be bad for Waskom JJ.. Newton Jus Strong .. Be bad I'm telling you..

This is one of those games that can go a 100 different ways. I would say you have a higher chance of scoring a bunch of points than most do at this level other than Gunter. Yall two are like looking at twins.

1 minute ago, CACTUS1 said:

Tyree Wilson got places to go.. he another man among boys..

man....can you imagine how excited he was to find out Jimbo just took over the rains! Tyree will be a&m's next Miles Garrett!! I'll be surprised with his size and speed if they don't put him at OLB or DE

8 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Gonna all depend on Waskom's Oline. Those Newton Dline boys are something very special. Waskom will have plenty of speed defensively to do what West Rusk did and keep the big plays to minimum not at bay. That's the key to disrupting Newton is stopping the big plays and the swing pass plays. West Rusk attacked the left side of the line and forced Newton to beat West Rusk on one side of the field. No it didn't work all the time but more than most expected. It narrowed down the playing field what they where going to do. Very smart imo then hope your best athletes who are basically on an island on the other side can make the play. Wilson was key in that due to him being such a great run stopper. And oh man he is a great one! Waskom coaches are very savvy as we all know...I look for them to try to do some of the same, but with a few more blitz thrown in than WR attempted. Overall Waskom is going to have to figure out something and that's how do you run the ball against Newton? We all know bouncing east and West is 100% out..yeah don't do it no matter how fast you are........So that leaves you setting up either A gap or C gap while facing a stacked box which is what WR was forced to do but the offense wasn't designed to do or throw the ball and well when you do throw you have to catch the ball which is something WR wasn't able to do as well. QB for Waskom is a lot better than what Arp's was last year which will make the reads much quicker and be able to #### the defense into the A gap and get the pitch to the Cgap.this was very key to Arp's success last year and failure this year...Of course the linemen will once again have to be fast and strong. Keys to running the ball on Newton are simply spread them out and over power them with raw strength and agility......I honestly don't know that there is a big enough and quick enough combination line in 3A that can do that. Newton's Dline might not be the biggest but they aren't small by any means, they are strong and FAST! Arp last year used wide space in the gaps and Oline speed to move the ball them. You've got to have quick and hard nosed fighters to beat Newtons Dline. IMO this years Newton team is better than last years team so that game plan unless you've got some real studs on the line is out! still in the End I'm pulling for Waskom and for some reason believe that the high level of coaching Waskom has mixed with some pretty good ball players might be a great mix of what it will take to play with Newton. Gotta really give it to the Newton staff and kids....they are for sure something special to watch.

You are right, for once ... Waskom simply does not have the size or speed advantage to do that ....there is not an offense in 3A and probably very few in 4A with the players to do that to Newton's defense ...

51 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You are right, for once ... Waskom simply does not have the size or speed advantage to do that ....there is not an offense in 3A and probably very few in 4A with the players to do that to Newton's defense ...

You seen any Gunter this year? 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

You seen any Gunter this year? 

I saw them in the state championship game last year and have seen highlights of them this year.  They are a very good and well coached team.   I just don't believe they have the athletes across the board to handle Newton.  Barring Newton beating themselves with mental errors, penalties and turnovers, I think they are the better team.  Gunter would have to pull a lot of rabbits out of their hat to out maneuver Newton's defense ....

I've seen Waskom play. I have not seen Newton. I've seen West Rusk play. This is my assessment Newton has the best Athletes in the State year in year out. Waskom had a run with good Athletes not great ones. But they did have Chan Amie. Waskom coaches out coach every team they play. They are no where near as good as they have been. Last year was a terrible year for them. We 4-6 or 5-5 I can't remember with a lot of soph. Now they are older and playing better for sure. West Rusk had a great defense and a bad offense. But when WR played Waskom they destroyed them upfront. Waskom plays with kids that most teams put on the front line of kickoff return. I have more respect for that coaching staff than anybody in the State. Except maybe ND this year. But if we are all real with the injuries Waskom has. It won't be a fair matchup. I'm not sure if Waskom was fully healthy they could. But now it will be like climbing a huge mountain.