Waskom 9-4 VS Newton 12-0 Dec 8th at Lufkin

Wild74

Waskom VS Newton  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For Region 3 Title who wins

3 minutes ago, justafan said:

I've seen Waskom play. I have not seen Newton. I've seen West Rusk play. This is my assessment Newton has the best Athletes in the State year in year out. Waskom had a run with good Athletes not great ones. But they did have Chan Amie. Waskom coaches out coach every team they play. They are no where near as good as they have been. Last year was a terrible year for them. We 4-6 or 5-5 I can't remember with a lot of soph. Now they are older and playing better for sure. West Rusk had a great defense and a bad offense. But when WR played Waskom they destroyed them upfront. Waskom plays with kids that most teams put on the front line of kickoff return. I have more respect for that coaching staff than anybody in the State. Except maybe ND this year. But if we are all real with the injuries Waskom has. It won't be a fair matchup. I'm not sure if Waskom was fully healthy they could. But now it will be like climbing a huge mountain. 

What injuries does Waskom have?  Anyone get injured in the Garrison game? Who won't be able to play?

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

What injuries does Waskom have?  Anyone get injured in the Garrison game? Who won't be able to play?

TK #20 is good to go as I hear! #10 our safety that had the 2ints I hear he is badly hurt something to do with knee I heard Torn ACL! #21 Chris Stafford one of our backs has been hurt, but I believe if you saw #33 has filled his place quiet well. Should fair up to be okay if our offense can succeed, our defense I have no worries about, our run defense in the past 5-6 weeks has been just as good as anyone's the only thing that'll hurt us is Newtons threat to pass if you seen any of Waskoms stats we can't guard the pass all we can guard is swing passes and bubble screens 

3 minutes ago, justafan said:

I'm not sure how many are hurt. But I've seen 3 on crutches. 21 been out awhile great player. 54 had ACL surgery his grandad might be the best man I know. 55 broke his leg. Tough to lose so many

Very sad for all the injuries, also #10 He was on Crutches the other night. I heard ACL but don't quote me!

On 12/2/2017 at 1:21 AM, Back2swag said:

Honestly if it wasn’t for very poor Refereeing Newton would have not got 3 tds called back on some great acting by West Rusk. They must have a real good drama teacher that came to practice that week . 

Don't even worry about pointing that out.....I was there, saw what you saw. Pure domination except for on the scoreboard. But y'all won, survive and advance. That's all that.matters at this point. It's Newton's to lose on this side of the bracket. Gunter IMO is the only team Newton should be concerned with. Obviously their coaches and players will take it game by game but Newton is extremely loaded. Maybe the most loaded Newton team I've ever put my eyes on.....which is only about 4 of their teams but still, lol. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WaskomFan said:

TK #20 is good to go as I hear! #10 our safety that had the 2ints I hear he is badly hurt something to do with knee I heard Torn ACL! #21 Chris Stafford one of our backs has been hurt, but I believe if you saw #33 has filled his place quiet well. Should fair up to be okay if our offense can succeed, our defense I have no worries about, our run defense in the past 5-6 weeks has been just as good as anyone's the only thing that'll hurt us is Newtons threat to pass if you seen any of Waskoms stats we can't guard the pass all we can guard is swing passes and bubble screens 

You will not stop Newton from running the ball. No one has been able to do that. Your undersized defense we get run over by the backs. Especially Barlow he is a horse. 

On 12/2/2017 at 1:04 AM, Newtontx said:

Newton been winning for years and years... we are a power house program... Waskom just got good a couple of years ago

Your wrong about this. Waskom was good in the 90s also. Had a QB name Tracy (shake and bake)moore. Was johnny manziel of 2a football. Got screwed out of state championship in 92 in gladewater on a bad call. Waskom has had some really good athletes for a long time.

1 hour ago, NewtonNation said:

Any stats for Waskom?

Newton offense stats: 

Passing 97 of 149 - 1591 yards 6 ints 25 tds

Rushing 424 carries 3741 yards 57 tds

Waskom offensive stats

Passing 10 of 47 for  161 yards 3 TD  4 interceptions 

Rushing 501 carries 3459 yards 44 tds