Waskom 9-4 VS Newton 12-0 Dec 8th at Lufkin

Wild74

Waskom VS Newton  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For Region 3 Title who wins

35 minutes ago, Wildcat2018 said:

Thanks for #54 mention.He is going crazy not being out there.  Not sure which grand dad you are talking about. He has 2 great grand dads. LOL

Waskom 38  

Newton 35

38 + 35 = 73...There may be 73 points scored but if so it will be all on Newtons side of the board.  Newton 73 

Waskom 0:lol:

12 minutes ago, Cats98 said:

I agree with you. If waskom is going to win they probably have to keep Newton from scoring more than 20 points. I do believe Waskom can break some big plays on them but i dont see how they will sustain enough drives to score 30 points. The Defense definitely will have to shine bright in this game. Everybody knows its a tall order but most people in Waskom believe in the coaches and the kids to get it done. Remember a bunch of these kids were around for the 1st state championship when there was no way Waskom was going to win if all they were going to do was run the ball. On paper Newton should beat waskom worse than they have been beaten all year Waskom with the upset.  Waskom 21- Newton-20

Either way a fourth round exit is nothing to hang your head at, especially with what both teams have coming back next year. And if it is waskom that looses, it has for sure been a nice follow up since we were supposed to go back to going 0-10 as soon as Chan Amie graduated.

Ha ha, 0-10 ain't happening in W-Town for a whole bunch of years down the road.

49 minutes ago, Wildcat2018 said:

Have you seen Waskom play this year? 

I've seen Newton play and beat teams that beat Waskom.. haven't viewed them personally. . I'm just stirring the pot.. I know all Waskom fans are proud of their team and should be...they are up from a beating Newton gave them last year in 1st round of playoffs. Wish y'all the best but Newton is more than Newton this year..and that speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wildcat2018 said:

Thanks for #54 mention.He is going crazy not being out there.  Not sure which grand dad you are talking about. He has 2 great grand dads. LOL

Waskom 38  

Newton 35

Waskom scored exactly 0 points on WR ... and you think they are gonna score 38 on Newton's defense?   You have taken delusional to a new level ... b0201.gif

1 minute ago, 1WildCat said:

The stable is full for quite a few years.

He's referring to the year we literally lost 25 kids to injuries and/or bad decisions. Don't matter how full the stable is if your whole starting unit gets whiped out lol. We had a WR taking snaps at QB and the water boy played RB.....had cheerleaders on the line, it was an awful year. Literally did have a WR taking snaps as QBs 1 through 3 were gone for the season early.

I have so much respect for waskom! As i do for the entire district 9.. But waskom will struggle to score in this game.. They r gonna have to hope for a defensive shootout type game if they hope to make this a game.. But stopping newtons offense is easier said than done.. WEST RUSK is the Only  team that has halfway slowed em down.. 

And im only saying this because everyone from district 9 said it.. West rusk was supposed to b the best team out of district 9 and only scored 7 on newtons defense. .

NEWTON 42 

WASKOM 7 

Well, I'm going to go ahead and make my prediction .... I truly believe Waskom will struggle to score on Newton, as well.  I don't think they will score on the Newton's starting defense.  Waskom scores once or twice late, maybe not at all .... I see it Newton 55 Waskom 7 ... :airquote::football::airquote:

One week closer to the Newton vs Gunter train wreck ..... if Gunter makes it to the finals .... :woot:

Waskom might score on a busted play. Maybe 2 if something bad happens. Newton D is LOADED. DC is a chip off the ole block and has a SC ring as a player from the middle LB position....... Same defense. Not gonna be pretty. Iv'e seen Waskom on film. Their O line leaks badly.

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Well, I'm going to go ahead and make my prediction .... I truly believe Waskom will struggle to score on Newton, as well.  I don't think they will score on the Newton's starting defense.  Waskom scores once or twice late, maybe not at all .... I see it Newton 55 Waskom 7 ... :airquote::football::airquote:

One week closer to the Newton vs Gunter train wreck ..... if Gunter makes it to the finals .... :woot:

I know they aren’t looking ahead but my guess is they better worry about Lexington when the time comes. 

8 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

I believe he's saying "remember Arp last year". Newton got the big head and forgot to show up. I hope it don't happen again One game at a time please Eagles.JMO

No. Not really what I’m saying. Lexington will spread it out and spin it all over the world. 

9 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

I understand all 4 coaches have tenatively agreed to a location and time for the winners.  I will check and see if its okay yet to post. 

My guess with either Newton or Waskom vs Lexington  it would be in Huntsville area .Should it be Boling my guess is Houston/ Pasadena area. ?

49 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I know they aren’t looking ahead but my guess is they better worry about Lexington when the time comes. 

I've been hearing Lexington for the past 20 years ... and every year they fall by the wayside, usually before now ... they play in a weaker region generally against weaker talent .... tru storie ...:basketball:

• Like 1