Waskom 9-4 VS Newton 12-0 Dec 8th at Lufkin

Wild74

Waskom VS Newton  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For Region 3 Title who wins

34 minutes ago, CACTUS1 said:

Not gonna matter if all are injured or not.. hopefully not then there will be no excuses for the beatdown thats coming . 

No excuses here. Gotta play the game with what we got. Definitely won't be near what we're capable of if all the starters are in. Been battling injuries all year long on the line, but the guys have came through it, playing the game for each other. After seeing him yesterday limp around during practice, I'd be very surprised if #20 plays. Don't see him being very productive if he does suit up considering the very visible limp he has just trying to walk around. Just don't see him making a "cut" on that ankle.  Missed the #25 injury when it occurred.   Been one of our most productive "D"lineman all season. What can you say about #10. Leads the team in interceptions and really has stepped up his game during the playoffs.  #21 is sorely missed on the wing, special teams returner and a force at linebacker.  In the "Amie" mold as far as tenacity goes.  #54 is Senior and hate to see him go out like this. #55 injured his leg for the second time and will be one of the three or four on crutches on the sidelines.  Good news is tat most of these guys will be back next year, and what a year it promises to be. New Non-District schedule and new District foes will enable the Wildcats to bring on a whole new fan base with each victory we pile up next season.  Pray for safe travels to and from game for the Newton and Waskom faithful, and an injury free game for all concerned.  Gonna be cold. Probably gonna look like a meeting at the deer camp instead of a football game (ala '13 game vs CC in Carthage)!!  Lol. While at the game listen to the pkay by play on "East Texas Sportsbeat" FaceBook Live page.  Bob Cole, the voice of the Wildcats, Waskoms own Billy Wilson and Josh Green, Marshalls KMHT Sports Director will be airing game on KMHT 103.9 FM locally and on the internet at www.easttexastoday.com.  Been enjoyable season thus far. Thanks for everyones input on this thread to make it even more enjoyable.  Hope to run into, AND OVER, Newton again next year about this same time.  Take care. Tell Bobby Bean that Billy Wilson will be looking him up tomorrow night.

17 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

In 2014 Newtons first game was cancelled due to Hurricane.  This year Newton's 1st game was cancelleddue to Hurricane.  Just fyi!

Does that mean if you make it to the SC this season, that you'll lose it also, as you did in 2014?

Nice post 1wildcat,  agree gonna be good game either way and both should be proud and humble by being able to still be playing this week!  I talked to Bean this evening, hes excited!  As you would expect!.  Hope we do cross paths again next year.  Newton will be ready as they will also be returning just about everyone!  Good luck to your Cats and safe travel my friends!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1WildCat said:

No excuses here. Gotta play the game with what we got. Definitely won't be near what we're capable of if all the starters are in. Been battling injuries all year long on the line, but the guys have came through it, playing the game for each other. After seeing him yesterday limp around during practice, I'd be very surprised if #20 plays. Don't see him being very productive if he does suit up considering the very visible limp he has just trying to walk around. Just don't see him making a "cut" on that ankle.  Missed the #25 injury when it occurred.   Been one of our most productive "D"lineman all season. What can you say about #10. Leads the team in interceptions and really has stepped up his game during the playoffs.  #21 is sorely missed on the wing, special teams returner and a force at linebacker.  In the "Amie" mold as far as tenacity goes.  #54 is Senior and hate to see him go out like this. #55 injured his leg for the second time and will be one of the three or four on crutches on the sidelines.  Good news is tat most of these guys will be back next year, and what a year it promises to be. New Non-District schedule and new District foes will enable the Wildcats to bring on a whole new fan base with each victory we pile up next season.  Pray for safe travels to and from game for the Newton and Waskom faithful, and an injury free game for all concerned.  Gonna be cold. Probably gonna look like a meeting at the deer camp instead of a football game (ala '13 game vs CC in Carthage)!!  Lol. While at the game listen to the pkay by play on "East Texas Sportsbeat" FaceBook Live page.  Bob Cole, the voice of the Wildcats, Waskoms own Billy Wilson and Josh Green, Marshalls KMHT Sports Director will be airing game on KMHT 103.9 FM locally and on the internet at www.easttexastoday.com.  Been enjoyable season thus far. Thanks for everyones input on this thread to make it even more enjoyable.  Hope to run into, AND OVER, Newton again next year about this same time.  Take care. Tell Bobby Bean that Billy Wilson will be looking him up tomorrow night.

Will do.. have to watch that Bean Boy.. I do wish you guys the best . Great fun in smacking our jaws and reading the post. Much Respect for all you guys and the Waskom Team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

That will be quite the "Accomplishment of the Year"!!

I do have a confession.  After watching film and studying up Im not near as confident as i was last saturday morning.  Have no worried though i still think Newton by several. 

16 minutes ago, EaglesFootball said:

That was 2005 that we lost a game due to hurricane and won state title, I don't remember that happening in 2014. 

Nothing got canceled that year , Newton did lose 3 of their first 4 games that year and then beat WOS 19-6 . Both WOS and Newton made it to state that year 

3 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

I do have a confession.  After watching film and studying up Im not near as confident as i was last saturday morning.  Have no worried though i still think Newton by several. 

Honestly, we will down a few difference makers on this game, but hey, thats what happens in this game at this level. Safe travels to you guys and good luck.

9 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

Honestly, we will down a few difference makers on this game, but hey, thats what happens in this game at this level. Safe travels to you guys and good luck.

We’re goingvto put 11 guys on the field that want to win this game and it doesn’t matter which 11 it happens to be, so enough with all the injury talk!

51 minutes ago, GATA1 said:

GATA !!!!!!!!!!EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!! .........I HEAR THE OFFENCE IS GOING TO BE COMING IN HOT TONIGHT AFTER THE PEFORMANCE/ SOME WOULD SAY "UNDISCIPLINE" LAST WEEK. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL.

They'll continue to be held to season lows again in every category.

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You think Waskom is better than Silsbee ... do you have fever, son? .....

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

You think Waskom is better than Silsbee ... do you have fever, son? .....

I hate to burst your bubble, but that was what 1st week of season I'm pretty sure teams mature. If y'all play them now you lose!!