Waskom 9-4 VS Newton 12-0 Dec 8th at Lufkin

Wild74

Waskom VS Newton  

93 members have voted

1. 1. For Region 3 Title who wins

1 hour ago, Tomcatonloose said:

Great game Newton, best team won now get that trophy for W.T. :trophy:

I saw him come out to the middle of the field he was definitely struggling I hope he gets the trophy I know as coaches go the state championship is very allusive. I heard a lot of second teamers from Newton was playing but I couldn't tell they all looked big and fast to me. Waskom was out matched but they ended the season going 4 deep and that is a lot deeper than I thought they would go and is looking good for next year.   

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

I saw him come out to the middle of the field he was definitely struggling I hope he gets the trophy I know as coaches go the state championship is very allusive. I heard a lot of second teamers from Newton was playing but I couldn't tell they all looked big and fast to me. Waskom was out matched but they ended the season going 4 deep and that is a lot deeper than I thought they would go and is looking good for next year.   

Waskom did their town proud again this year.  Hope everyone heals up before next season ... Congrats! ...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Proud of them for sure. From what I saw last night, Newton could win it all and I hope they do. We had no answer for them.

I missed the game but listened to it. Sounded about like I thought it would be. Newton is playing with better athletes than everyone else. Waskom had no fight left. Those guys have shown a fight all season. I feel for all those kids that didn't get to play and for the kids that got hurt. Waskom is a bunch of over achievers for sure. There town should be proud. Don't put your blinders on and think you have enough talent to win it all again. Those groups that won it were Special and that doesn't come around small towns very often. But a program is what Waskom has. The big question will be if Waskom keeps the coaching Staff. Because that's the ones that have held it together. 

WT is actually doing very well.  He might be moving a little slower but mentally he is 100%.  He has come along way.  We have both been going through treatment at MD Anderson since 2015 so ive seen that man go through alot!   He has had an amazing recovery! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

WT is actually doing very well.  He might be moving a little slower but mentally he is 100%.  He has come along way.  We have both been going through treatment at MD Anderson since 2015 so ive seen that man go through alot!   He has had an amazing recovery! 

That’s great!!

Prayers for both of you

Congratulations to the Wildcat Seniors. Your contributions to two State Championships are appreciated and will NEVER be forgotten.  To have two rings snd to come within two games for a possible third is stuff a lot of us just dream about.  Good luck in life, and remember, you will always have a friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Waskom just ran into a buzz saw.  This year, Newton is stacked like a 5 deck blackjack table.  But hats off to Waskom for a great season.  Aren't many teams made it this far.  And Newton, keep on rolling.  I doubt anyone gets within 24 of them.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, REBgp said:

Waskom just ran into a buzz saw.  This year, Newton is stacked like a 5 deck blackjack table.  But hats off to Waskom for a great season.  Aren't many teams made it this far.  And Newton, keep on rolling.  I doubt anyone gets within 24 of them.

someone already did

On December 10, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Tiger1995 said:

someone already did

In the past.  West Rusk is gone, or do you think one of the remaining three are as good as, or better?  Lol, I did say "doubt", but in the playoffs, strange things happen.  But honestly, if your life were on the line, which of the 4 left would you pick?

Since I woke up hacking with the crud, bronchitis, or flu, I watched some film on Canadian and Gunter.  Both very good teams.  Gunters record looks very impressive.  Closest game they had was a 26 point difference.  Did notice their non-district sch included some weak teams, but their last victory over New Diana was awesome.  Still never faced any 4A competition like Newton did three times, including an impressive 41-17 victory over 4AD1 Silsbee - a 24 point margin while Carthage beat them by a 28 point margin.  I know the Dawgs played the Bench in most of 2nd half, but I suspect Newtons bench got some playing time also.  My money is still on the Eagles to win or lose.  By 24?  Maybe, against either.