6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

7 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Lufkin defense and special teams are too. Don’t start that stuff this week ff. 

I never said anything about Lufkn.... personally don’t care 😁.... was talking about longview. Longview’s offense, defense and special teams are much better than week 1 is all I meant!Haynes King..... nothing needs to be said about that Sophmore..... wow!

10 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

I never said anything about Lufkn.... personally don’t care 😁.... was talking about longview. Longview’s offense, defense and special teams are much better than week 1 is all I meant!Haynes King..... nothing needs to be said about that Sophmore..... wow!

You don’t have to explain yourself to this guy  johnnyfootball said lufkin is a very different team and u answered with so is longview.  Just the truth apparently he can’t handle the truth

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

ANTI, or 84, or 73 or Randy....did we ever figure out where those refs were from today?

I mean, those were the worst set of refs I have ever watched in my life at a Longview football game. 

And we better not have instant replay next Saturday like we did today!!!

Quick side note:  with the new forum upgrade, you can use the @ feature like twitter and it will show up in their notifications.  @LoboFan07

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

ANTI, or 84, or 73 or Randy....did we ever figure out where those refs were from today?

I mean, those were the worst set of refs I have ever watched in my life at a Longview football game. 

And we better not have instant replay next Saturday like we did today!!!

I definitely heard just before kickoff that the crew was from the Ft. Worth Chapter TASO.

The two most ridiculous calls were the "gift" TD extended to Collins after the officials viewed the aforementioned "Instant replay" of their second score.

They initially ruled the Tiger runner down around the one to two yard line area along the sideline then as the teams had already lined up for the next play the prior play was viewed by the Referee & his Umpire and the "change" was made ruling a TD to Collins. That's clearly not permissable in Texas UIL Football but there it was for all to see...unreal !! 

Then much later in the game when the Lobos were attempting to run out the clock with the 30-24 lead and about a buck thirty left, Keilyn Williams scirts outside never hitting the ground with his legs clearly churning then breaking free the Line Judge (stationed along the Collins sideline) rules him down by blowing the play dead !  THAT TD would effectively have ended the game right then and there !! Absolutely... UNBELIEVABLE !!

Of course, the officials showed up to put themselves on display as their were no fewer than NINE flags thrown in the 1st quarter alone with Longview getting SEVEN of them. There was over 210 yards of penalties on the day. This crew definitely showed up to be seen and they didn't give a damn either !

I think it's apparent that the two teams matched up were something this crew hasn't seen all year and quite possibly...ever ! In other words, the game was too big for them to handle...imo ! They were clearly not a savy crew as they inexplicably had to huddle to discuss many...many of their calls ! 

I was relieved that the Lobos overcame that wretched display of "look at us" officiating !

3 hours ago, Lobouno said:

You don’t have to explain yourself to this guy  johnnyfootball said lufkin is a very different team and u answered with so is longview.  Just the truth apparently he can’t handle the truth

You don’t know what i can handle. FF acts so special, so i wasn’t sure what he was getting at. It’s not like he was replying to Johnny. 

8 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

Good I think both sides think they will win.  What kind of crowd u think lufkin brings?  

Lol. Close to the same as last time. Both teams aren’t undefeated this time, but the crowd will still be huge. We brought majority of that 27,000 at SFA when we played last time. I’m expecting a sea of purple again. The bandwagon is full now and the game is in Nac. Expecting a huge crowd from Lufkin and I’m guessing Lv too. 

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Lol. Close to the same as last time. Both teams aren’t undefeated this time, but the crowd will still be huge. We brought majority of that 27,000 at SFA when we played last time. I’m expecting a sea of purple again. The bandwagon is full now and the game is in Nac. Expecting a huge crowd from Lufkin and I’m guessing Lv too. 

Yeah neither state ranked and no big name players like lane or McGee I don’t see the crowd being as big and sounds like lufkin hasn’t been traveling as well...no doubt y’all will travel better this one in the back yard 

nonetheless it’s gonna be great atmosphere 

7 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

We brought majority of that 27,000 at SFA when we played last time.

Majority? lol stop that.

Y'all had more, yes. But we definitely had over 12,000 Longview fans there that day. There was no majority about anything that day.

I highly doubt we'll reach anywhere close to 27,000 next Satuday. But I do believe we'll see over 17,000.

1 minute ago, Lobouno said:

Yeah neither state ranked and no big name players like lane or McGee I don’t see the crowd being as big and sounds like lufkin hasn’t been traveling as well...no doubt y’all will travel better this one in the back yard 

nonetheless it’s gonna be great atmosphere 

The game was packed yesterday on the lufkin side and it was packed in Corsi. The home crowd wasn’t anything special for Heath though. 

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Majority? lol stop that.

Y'all had more, yes. But we definitely had over 12,000 Longview fans there that day. There was no majority about anything that day.

I highly doubt we'll reach anywhere close to 27,000 next Satuday. But I do believe we'll see over 17,000.

We had majority of the fans there at that game. Having 15,000-17,000 of the 27,000 (imo) is having the majority of fans there. I wasn’t taking a shot at the lobo fan base. I know y’all travel well

My initial thoughts on this one:

by no means will this be an easy win but I think if longview plays like they have been they will win by 10

defense is stout against run and lufkin doesn’t seem to have the passing game it normally does.  Something just seems to be missing in lufkin offense.

lonvgview just has too many weapons and seems to be on a mission now.  I really thought lufkin had a better chance to win yesterday and doubted my bos.  No doubting this week we gonna show up and do what we do.  I love that lufkin thinks they will win at this point neither side should doubt themselves.

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Majority? lol stop that.

You did catch my shade though lol. This is going to be a fun week. At least I’m hoping for it 

• Like 1

Longview wins with another two to three score beating of their arch rival.

Don't care how much better Lufkin is now as apposed to Week One as the Lobos are simply better...too !

It's about QB play and Haynes King will be too much for Lufkin to handle now as the Lobo starter ! HK goes to 10-0 in his career in this one !

9 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

We had majority of the fans there at that game. Having 15,000-17,000 of the 27,000 (imo) is having the majority of fans there. I wasn’t taking a shot at the lobo fan base. I know y’all travel well

If 27,000 was there, I would guess that 7000 to 10,000 were not supporters of neither school......Just football fans there to see a good game

3 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

My initial thoughts on this one:

by no means will this be an easy win but I think if longview plays like they have been they will win by 10

defense is stout against run and lufkin doesn’t seem to have the passing game it normally does.  Something just seems to be missing in lufkin offense.

lonvgview just has too many weapons and seems to be on a mission now.  I really thought lufkin had a better chance to win yesterday and doubted my bos.  No doubting this week we gonna show up and do what we do.  I love that lufkin thinks they will win at this point neither side should doubt themselves.

Lobos should be the favs after winning the first game and having the better record, but we’ll see. I’m not going to doubt our players. Most people didn’t expect us to beat Westfield. We dominated that game and should’ve won by more. I will say that our offense has to play better to beat the lobos this coming week. Mostly the passing game. The running game with Phillips, Grant and Thomas has been great this year. Just need more slant passes or short routes to go with it. No doubt in my mind though that the Pack will come to play this week. It’s a rivalry game and the fourth round. And again, they are mad about the last meeting. They will have people again doubting them this week and saying they will get blown out and can’t win. I believe in them though. They just beat a very good Westfield team. It’s nothing that says they can’t do the same to Longview. 

2 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

If 27,000 was there, I would guess that 7000 to 10,000 were not supporters of neither school......Just football fans there to see a good game

Anyone that was actually there in the stands know who had more. Again, not taking a shot at any fan base. Just saying we had a bigger crowd and we should’ve had a bigger one. Nac is closer. 

First post updated.

Final 8 teams:
Longview, Lufkin, Southlake Carroll, Hewitt Midway, Cypress Fairbanks, Houston Langham Creek, Austin Westlake and Cibolo Steele.

I'll get my thoughts on Lufkin up here in a minute, but I truly believe we'll see the exact same type of game we saw in 2015 in the playoffs, and that we've seen the last three years really. Close or tied at halftime, then Longview comes out in the 2nd half and pulls away by two scores and wins it.

• Like 2