6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

59 minutes ago, MJlobofan62 said:

I don't know why it wasn't held in Independent Stadium in Sheverport. 

It doesn’t sound like we really tried to flip for a home venue. We just agreed to find a “neutral” place and SFA was the only place they really thought of outside of Natchitoches, LA apparently

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Never said we would.

Highly doubt we'll need 38 to win it.

I'm thinking 31-21.

Hmm.....Can’t remember the year, but  i think that was a score in one of our playoff games several years back. I think it was against another team in tacky green uniforms at SFA too. 🤔

Just now, Pack007 said:

Hmm.....Can’t remember the year, but  i think that was a score in one of our playoff games several years back. I think it was against another team in tacky green uniforms at SFA too. 🤔

I mean we could always go with 31-10 from two years ago...

3 minutes ago, LoboUp95 said:

What about an overtime game? Just think how crazy that would be. I would probably have a heart attack

I’ll definitely take a overtime game if we win. But yea, that would take some years away from some people. 

Just wanted to say again that i was proud of this Lufkin team for making it this far. I hope they can keep it up. I know these seniors really want this game after talking with a few yesterday. We also got some good news today for all Lp sports imo. Lufkin will be back in 5A. It won’t be easy, but if we can keep it up and get a win Saturday, i really like where this program is headed. At least we’ll have a chance to put Lufkin back on the map. Regardless, I’m proud of this group and coach Quick. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yeah I kinda expect a close game. Heard y'all got that RB that was hurt for this game. Sorry if already mentioned.

He played a few snaps last week against Collins near the end of the game in a blocking role mostly.

We'll see how much he can play this week. No reason to risk it though with Williams and Edwards doing their job. We've already had one mishap with an injured arm the last time we were at SFA (Chris Ivory's broken arm resulting in 4 fumbles).

• Like 1