6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

Congrats to LP and LV for representing ET 6A.. Both are a true testimony to hard work, and keep playing and good things will happen.

Its not how you start but how you finish. Both are peaking  at the right time and are playing defense.

To beat both SW, and KC speaks loud and clear,.... team ball. 

With HK getting the passing game going , LV becomes a multiple nightmare to defend. They can do it all now. 

LV 35 - 21

Good luck to both.

I hope Longview or Lufkin wins state this year. 

I am actually pulling harder for Longview to win it all. I want to be proven wrong about King not being the coach to get Longview a championship or multiple championships.

I also want all you Longview fans who’ve used the excuse that Longview doesn’t have the athletes to compete against the DFW and Houston schools to be proven wrong. Longview has the athletes just has to put it all together. 

It’s there for the taking for Longview, always has been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFootballFan said:

Does anybody have a pic of the crowd back in the 2003 game at sfa?

Don't have straight on pics of the crowd, but some of the action with the crowd behind it so you can get an idea...

Lufkin.jpg

Lufkin2.jpg

Lufkin3.jpg

• Like 1

Well I for one am always nervous when we play Lufkin. Those games are always intense. OAN: do you think they will honor UIL passes at this game? Don’t want to miss out on tickets just Incase I need to purchase one. They honored them at Baylor. Let’s do this Lobos. I work with a Lufkin alum so I’m wearing green all week. Lol! 

5 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Surely you're not serious Lol. One thing I can promise you is Lufkin is not loosing by 2-3 scores Saturday. I'm not sure what you recolect from the first game but Isaiah Phillips ran for 165 yards and 2 TDs. Lufkin had 6 drives that stalked out in plus side of the field that only led to 3 points. Lufkin had 24 first downs. The only thing that stopped Lufkin that night was QB sacks. That got Thomas 8 times. Coach Quick will not put him in those situations again. They know what he can do now and it's not 5 step drop and throw deep.  The game was 14-10 late 3rd before Longview busted a big run and the wheels came off. That's not going to happen this go around. Isiah Phillips will have close to 30 carries and 200 yards. Will that be enough. I don't know but I have a hard time believing Lufkin will lay down in the 2nd at this point. If your putting your eggs in that basket that we collapse and it's going to like week 1. Goodluck.

And if you’re counting on anything happening like the first game you’re insane. Y’all had an 80 plays to 46 advantage, we started Carter at QB and had 3 throughout, and y’all had an 8 minute plus drive to start the 3rd Quarter that you couldn’t capitalize on. None of that will happen on Saturday. 

King is a completely different QB than you saw in the first game. 

Say all you want to about the yards, Longview’s first team held Lp to just 10 points on the night that game as well. 

• Like 1

Gametyme...

I'm not making promises...sir !

Mine's a prediction. I know what happened when these two met 3 months ago...I was in the house !

Pretty obvious you really haven't kept up with Longview this season as their MO on Defense has been "bend but not break".

FWIW, they've been outdone statistically in a number of games that they've won by twenty or thirty plus on several occasions. Stats don't mean a thing...throw them out the door.

Two or three scores could range from a ten to twenty point win. That's my pick and I'll stick with it. 

Promises...promises...lol !!

21 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

And if you’re counting on anything happening like the first game you’re insane. Y’all had an 80 plays to 46 advantage, we started Carter at QB and had 3 throughout, and y’all had an 8 minute plus drive to start the 3rd Quarter that you couldn’t capitalize on. None of that will happen on Saturday. 

King is a completely different QB than you saw in the first game. 

Say all you want to about the yards, Longview’s first team held Lp to just 10 points on the night that game as well. 

Mmm I think we might be able to run the football with Isaiah Phillips. I know King is going to be a problem but he is still a sophmore playing in his biggest game yet. I ain't saying I'm just saying I think its going to be a really close game Saturday decided by a kick.

19 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Gametyme...

I'm not making promises...sir !

Mine's a prediction. I know what happened when these two met 3 months ago...I was in the house !

Pretty obvious you really haven't kept up with Longview this season as their MO on Defense has been "bend but not break".

FWIW, they've been outdone statistically in a number of games that they've won by twenty or thirty plus on several occasions. Stats don't mean a thing...throw them out the door.

Two or three scores could range from a ten to twenty point win. That's my pick and I'll stick with it. 

Promises...promises...lol !!

I'm sticking to my promise that Lufkin is not going to lay down like I think some of you are expecting. I'm not predicting a win but this game is coming down to the wire. A kick I'm trying to tell you guys now.

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Mmm I think we might be able to run the football with Isaiah Phillips. I know King is going to be a problem but he is still a sophmore playing in his biggest game yet. I ain't saying I'm just saying I think its going to be a really close game Saturday decided by a kick.

We just shut down a rb going to Oklahoma for 3 qtrs...where the philips going to school?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I'm sticking to my promise that Lufkin is not going to lay down like I think some of you are expecting. I'm not predicting a win but this game is coming down to the wire. A kick I'm trying to tell you guys now.

Where did I ever mention or even insinuate Lufkin was going to "lay down" for Longview ?

They got beat by a better Lobo team the first time AND they'll get beat again by a better Lobo team this week...too !!

You're entitled to your prediction and I'm entitled to mine.

Longview will beat Lufkin...again !

1 minute ago, RandyJohnson said:

Where did I ever mention or even insinuate Lufkin was going to "lay down" for Longview ?

They got beat by a better Lobo team the first time AND they'll get beat again by a better Lobo team this week...too !!

You're entitled to your prediction and I'm entitled to mine.

Longview will beat Lufkin...again !

2-3 score prediction is assuming Lufkin is going to lay down. They're not 2-3 scores better. I know what I saw in Longview and nothing about that game to me makes me think 2-3 scores on Saturday.