6A Division II State Quarterfinals: Longview vs Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (12-1) vs Lufkin Panthers (11-2)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/2017 at 07:00 AM

8 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

2-3 score prediction is assuming Lufkin is going to lay down. They're not 2-3 scores better. I know what I saw in Longview and nothing about that game to me makes me think 2-3 scores on Saturday.

You're the one making promises AND assumptions...lol !

Good luck !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

2-3 score prediction is assuming Lufkin is going to lay down. They're not 2-3 scores better. I know what I saw in Longview and nothing about that game to me makes me think 2-3 scores on Saturday.

We are a totally different team from what you saw in Longview week 1. However, I know you guys are a different team as well. May the best team win. Enjoy the ride bEASTTX. Go Lobos!!

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Surely you're not serious Lol. One thing I can promise you is Lufkin is not loosing by 2-3 scores Saturday. I'm not sure what you recolect from the first game but Isaiah Phillips ran for 165 yards and 2 TDs. Lufkin had 6 drives that stalked out in plus side of the field that only led to 3 points. Lufkin had 24 first downs. The only thing that stopped Lufkin that night was QB sacks. That got Thomas 8 times. Coach Quick will not put him in those situations again. They know what he can do now and it's not 5 step drop and throw deep.  The game was 14-10 late 3rd before Longview busted a big run and the wheels came off. That's not going to happen this go around. Isiah Phillips will have close to 30 carries and 200 yards. Will that be enough. I don't know but I have a hard time believing Lufkin will lay down in the 2nd at this point. If your putting your eggs in that basket that we collapse and it's going to like week 1. Goodluck.

Do you really believe this statement you just made??? 

I’m not doing the back and forth with lobos fans anymore, especially with the ones that wasn’t even on here a few weeks ago. Not even worth it anymore. I’ll let the kids do the talking. I’m hoping the kids can prove the doubters wrong again, play like they’re capable of playing and get the victory. Lp!! See yall in Nac. Leave it alone book. Waste of time. 

53 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I'm sticking to my promise that Lufkin is not going to lay down like I think some of you are expecting.

I don't get this.

Not a single person has said Lufkin is going to lay down. Not a single person said Longview is going to blow out Lufkin. Not a single person is disrespecting Lufkin. Whether it's here or the 6A board. Y'all are trying to take whatever we say and make it into your own headline.

We know what Lufkin has. Y'all know what we have.

Y'all are high on your first trip this deep in 12 years. Y'all are high on your upset win over Westfield.

We're high on our 6th trip in the last 14 years this deep, and finally breaking through again on the top level. We're very high after dominating 3 quarters against a Klein Collins team that almost every single media person had in the State Championship.

Y'all expect to win. We expect to win.

We just won in a city that has done nothing but give us absolute heartbreak over the years, so I'm sorry but no. This we're playing in Lufkin's backyard because it's Nacogdoches stuff isn't riding for us this season. Y'all will have a big fanbase, but we're not some Houston or Dallas school that isn't going to have a huge crowd as well. Y'all are just two weeks removed from playing in front of a half empty Abe Martin Stadium. We're not intimidated by playing at SFA. We're not intimidated by playing Lufkin. This isn't 2002...2004....whatever you want to go with.

It's Longview and Lufkin and right now, the Lobos have had the upper hand in recent meetings so of course we're going to think the same is going to continue. Y'all use to do the same exact thing when your streak was going on, or even right after. Nobody is expecting anything but a Lufkin/Longview dog fight. We just believe in our boys, just like y'all do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Any word yet on possible locations for next round?

Don't even let your mind go there.

We're not playing Jesuit or even West Brook.

We have too big of a task ahead of us to think ahead.

Beat Lp.

6 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’m not doing the back and forth with lobos fans anymore, especially with the ones that wasn’t even on here a few weeks ago. Not even worth it anymore. I’ll let the kids do the talking. I’m hoping the kids can prove the doubters wrong again, play like they’re capable of playing and get the victory. Lp!! See yall in Nac. Leave it alone book. Waste of time. 

Yet he's the one going back and forth !

Yeah...waste of time !

Totally agree with you...for a change !

How about that ? lol

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don't get this.

Not a single person has said Lufkin is going to lay down. Not a single person said Longview is going to blow out Lufkin. Not a single person is disrespecting Lufkin. Whether it's here or the 6A board. Y'all are trying to take whatever we say and make it into your own headline.

We know what Lufkin has. Y'all know what we have.

Y'all are high on your first trip this deep in 12 years. Y'all are high on your upset win over Westfield.

We're high on our 6th trip in the last 14 years this deep, and finally breaking through again on the top level. We're very high after dominating 3 quarters against a Klein Collins team that almost every single media person had in the State Championship.

Y'all expect to win. We expect to win.

We just won in a city that has done nothing but give us absolute heartbreak over the years, so I'm sorry but no. This we're playing in Lufkin's backyard because it's Nacogdoches stuff isn't riding for us this season. Y'all will have a big fanbase, but we're not some Houston or Dallas school that isn't going to have a huge crowd as well. Y'all are just two weeks removed from playing in front of a half empty Abe Martin Stadium. We're not intimidated by playing at SFA. We're not intimidated by playing Lufkin. This isn't 2002...2004....whatever you want to go with.

It's Longview and Lufkin and right now, the Lobos have had the upper hand in recent meetings so of course we're going to think the same is going to continue. Y'all use to do the same exact thing when your streak was going on, or even right after. Nobody is expecting anything but a Lufkin/Longview dog fight. We just believe in our boys, just like y'all do.

Little oppie has been pretty vocal but I shouldn't expect anything less from him. 

50 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You know what you saw in Longview and say we're not 2-3 scores better....yet, we won by 19 points in that game, and we were up 26 before y'all scored on our 2s.

Either way, Longview is a COMPLETELY different team since that game. We've gone through 2 offensive lines since then, 2 different backs, 2 different QBs. It's just not the same. That Longview team that started this season would not have made it past West Brook, much less Collins.

Edit: And no, that's not saying Lufkin hasn't improved either since then...cause we know they have. But y'all still sound like your having issues on offense..and that's not good when I at least consider our best unit to be our defense.

18 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I've pretty much taken the year off. I'll stir the pot for you 

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

You know what you saw in Longview and say we're not 2-3 scores better....yet, we won by 19 points in that game, and we were up 26 before y'all scored on our 2s.

Either way, Longview is a COMPLETELY different team since that game. We've gone through 2 offensive lines since then, 2 different backs, 2 different QBs. It's just not the same. That Longview team that started this season would not have made it past West Brook, much less Collins.

I saw Lufkins offensive line playing very well against Longview when it was run blocking. I saw us struggle trying to throw it all over the place. Lufkin will not come out and do that again. I saw 2 evenly matched team's week 1. Longview happened to be at home and capitalized on Lufkins inability to protect the QB. I think we are going to see a much different game this go around.

Just now, Pack007 said:

I’m glad CBS 19 don’t do games anymore because he was so annoying. He knows i don’t fool with him. 

You don't know a thing about that situation either...totally out of my control.

I called a game in Lufkin vs. Conroe Oak Ridge for ICBLive and numerous of your fellow LP fans wished we would return to do more.

I'd hardly call that annoying ?

Take it easy man !

Just now, RandyJohnson said:

You don't know a thing about that situation either...totally out of my control.

I called a game in Lufkin vs. Conroe Oak Ridge for ICBLive and numerous of your fellow LP fans wished we would return to do more.

I'd hardly call that annoying ?

Take it easy man !

I don't know who told you that. But that wasn't trying to hurt your feelings or something bro.