panamamyers on SETX

HearEmaGrowlin

24 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I type this knowing it’ll cause a lot of people to completely lose their minds, but after watching the Dawgs all season and after watching all the big schools in the state title games over the weekend, a number of them should be glad they did not have to play this year’s Bulldogs.

Carthage had the two best linebackers, the best running back and the best WR corp at Jerryworld all weekend. The OL and DL were among the best there all weekend as well.

Carthage would have anhialated Aledo this year.  I stand by that opinion 100%. You watch the Bearcats play the last two games of their season and see their team with a QB who can’t throw the ball and an offense that’s 70% run. That little QB gets a large portion of those runs called as designed for him and the first thing I thought is the CHS defense would’ve eaten Aledo’s lunch just like they did Kennedale’s. I saw Aledo’s semifinal win over Mansfield Legacy who was starting a safety at QB. Geez, if these big schools have so much unbelievable amazing quality of depth why didn’t Legacy bring in their 2nd string 5 Star QB after the starter went down? The answer is because they don’t actually have that much depth and the star safety was a better option at QB than the real 2nd string QB. Of course, the safety now playing QB continued playing safety as well. These big schools have so many great athletes that none of them ever have to play both ways, right? Wrong again. A team who should’ve beaten Aledo in the 5A semifinals almost did it without a true QB and zero receivers to speak of and an offensive gameplan that was atrocious. Carthage would’ve beaten Aledo just like they did Kennedale, same type score.

Now people will say the size of the OL’s at these big schools is too much for the Dawg’s DL for them and the linebackers to make plays, wrong.

La Vega had one of the biggest OL in the state with at least three of them going 6’6” and way over 300 LBs each. Aledo and many other big schools do not have that size on their OL or the same caliber athletes La Vega has in their offensive backfield, they just don’t. Carthage beat La Vega and would’ve beaten Aledo and others THIS YEAR easier than they beat LV in the semifinals.

The teams there I would say it would’ve been a ballgame against Carthage would’ve been Manvel, HP, Allen, Lake Travis, Waco Midway, Cy-Fair. 

People will attack me with depth talk. Even at Manvel and Allen, those teams can’t rotate in 2nd stringers too often against the Carthage 1s; that’d result in their team giving up points or punting that much quicker. 

People want to talk about bigger schools having too many playmakers for Carthage? BULL!

This year Carthage has way many more playmakers than Aledo, Cy-Fair, College Station, LT and HP (yes, HP & LT). Open your eyes and mind, watch the games. If someone thinks LT and HP have more athletes than Carthage they’re crazy. Those are well coached, disciplined, average athletes who play well together as a team. The SLC, LT and HP’s of the Texas high school football world do not win with the best athletes they win with coaching and disciplined performances like Cy-Fair did.

Carthage has more naturally gifted athletes than do those big schools I just named and CHS has the coaching to get maximum production out of our players.

Again, watch the games and objectively decipher what you see on the field classification to classification. 

Carthage has the best coaching staff in the state who has our athletes playing very efficient, disciplined football with a great offensive system and if needed, more tricks than we can ever know about. 

Carthage probably would not have beaten all of those teams had they played them (now some will get all over me for the “probably”), but remember you can only put 11 players on the field at one time, and I think the fact of the matter is Carthage always has an unusually large number of superior athletes on the football team compared to the enrollment size of the school. 

I leave you with this thought:  Just because someone or some group tells you something over and over and over again it doesn’t make it true or accurate. The people who say a select, elite few 4A schools couldn’t compete and defeat many 5A and 6A schools just because they’re a “smaller classification” are wrong. 

The teams I feel could admirably compete in 5A and 6A districts are Carthage, Pleasant Grove, La Vega, Henderson, Kilgore, China Spring, and WOS.

Reminder, I am only comparing this season’s CHS team to those schools who played at Jerryworld this year. 

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Go Dawgs and congratulations on bringing home #6!!!!!!

Great Post, Hearemagrowlin!👌

Just now, Lion70 said:

Didn't read all that could not stop from laughing at the idea of Carthage annihilating Aledo. I needed a great laugh.

Aledo isn’t nearly as tough this year as they usually are. Also, if you’re worried about size of school, they’re 5A DII only one step up from what Carthage has won back-to-back titles at.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I type this knowing it’ll cause a lot of people to completely lose their minds, but after watching the Dawgs all season and after watching all the big schools in the state title games over the weekend, a number of them should be glad they did not have to play this year’s Bulldogs.

Carthage had the two best linebackers, the best running back and the best WR corp at Jerryworld all weekend. The OL and DL were among the best there all weekend as well.

Carthage would have anhialated Aledo this year.  I stand by that opinion 100%. You watch the Bearcats play the last two games of their season and see their team with a QB who can’t throw the ball and an offense that’s 70% run. That little QB gets a large portion of those runs called as designed for him and the first thing I thought is the CHS defense would’ve eaten Aledo’s lunch just like they did Kennedale’s. I saw Aledo’s semifinal win over Mansfield Legacy who was starting a safety at QB. Geez, if these big schools have so much unbelievable amazing quality of depth why didn’t Legacy bring in their 2nd string 5 Star QB after the starter went down? The answer is because they don’t actually have that much depth and the star safety was a better option at QB than the real 2nd string QB. Of course, the safety now playing QB continued playing safety as well. These big schools have so many great athletes that none of them ever have to play both ways, right? Wrong again. A team who should’ve beaten Aledo in the 5A semifinals almost did it without a true QB and zero receivers to speak of and an offensive gameplan that was atrocious. Carthage would’ve beaten Aledo just like they did Kennedale, same type score.

Now people will say the size of the OL’s at these big schools is too much for the Dawg’s DL for them and the linebackers to make plays, wrong.

La Vega had one of the biggest OL in the state with at least three of them going 6’6” and way over 300 LBs each. Aledo and many other big schools do not have that size on their OL or the same caliber athletes La Vega has in their offensive backfield, they just don’t. Carthage beat La Vega and would’ve beaten Aledo and others THIS YEAR easier than they beat LV in the semifinals.

The teams there I would say it would’ve been a ballgame against Carthage would’ve been Manvel, HP, Allen, Lake Travis, Waco Midway, Cy-Fair. 

People will attack me with depth talk. Even at Manvel and Allen, those teams can’t rotate in 2nd stringers too often against the Carthage 1s; that’d result in their team giving up points or punting that much quicker. 

People want to talk about bigger schools having too many playmakers for Carthage? BULL!

This year Carthage has way many more playmakers than Aledo, Cy-Fair, College Station, LT and HP (yes, HP & LT). Open your eyes and mind, watch the games. If someone thinks LT and HP have more athletes than Carthage they’re crazy. Those are well coached, disciplined, average athletes who play well together as a team. The SLC, LT and HP’s of the Texas high school football world do not win with the best athletes they win with coaching and disciplined performances like Cy-Fair did.

Carthage has more naturally gifted athletes than do those big schools I just named and CHS has the coaching to get maximum production out of our players.

Again, watch the games and objectively decipher what you see on the field classification to classification. 

Carthage has the best coaching staff in the state who has our athletes playing very efficient, disciplined football with a great offensive system and if needed, more tricks than we can ever know about. 

Carthage probably would not have beaten all of those teams had they played them (now some will get all over me for the “probably”), but remember you can only put 11 players on the field at one time, and I think the fact of the matter is Carthage always has an unusually large number of superior athletes on the football team compared to the enrollment size of the school. 

I leave you with this thought:  Just because someone or some group tells you something over and over and over again it doesn’t make it true or accurate. The people who say a select, elite few 4A schools couldn’t compete and defeat many 5A and 6A schools just because they’re a “smaller classification” are wrong. 

The teams I feel could admirably compete in 5A and 6A districts are Carthage, Pleasant Grove, La Vega, Henderson, Kilgore, China Spring, and WOS.

Reminder, I am only comparing this season’s CHS team to those schools who played at Jerryworld this year. 

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Go Dawgs and congratulations on bringing home #6!!!!!!

Ridiculous! Some of you fans are something else. Just be happy with your 4A title. Ask your coach if they could beat LT ? This may be the most dumbest, unitellegent post I've seen in the 10 years I've been on Smoaky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Ridiculous! Some of you fans are something else. Just be happy with your 4A title. Ask your coach if they could beat LT ? This may be the most dumbest, unitellegent post I've seen in the 10 years I've been on Smoaky.

SEVEN years on SDC, you meant to say, but didn't.....💀💀💀💀

Not accurate. Been following and reading this site since 06. Started posting later. After watching all of the games this weekend, the most impressive 4A team in the SC games was Pleasant Grove,  followed by Carthage then WOS. To think you could beat Longview is laughable enough, but Lake Travis????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Not accurate. Been following and reading this site since 06. Started posting later. After watching all of the games this weekend, the most impressive 4A team in the SC games was Pleasant Grove,  followed by Carthage then WOS. To think you could beat Longview is laughable enough, but Lake Travis????

Noboby knows how that would end, but Carthage would hang right in there & make it a great game; Let's not pretend Carthage is the little 2A Div2 team you would have others believe.

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Noboby knows how that would end, but Carthage would hang right in there & make it a great game; Let's not pretend Carthage is the little 2A Div2 team you would have others believe.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Carthage is a great and probably the best SMALL school program in the State. Under 5A, is considered small school. I would have loved to have seen PG and Carthage duke it out. Please have your Coach call Coach King and schedule them next year. If you can beat Longview then I would agree with you that you could give LT,  Westlake, SLC, Allen, etc.., a run for their money. 

40 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Now you're putting words in my mouth. Carthage is a great and probably the best SMALL school program in the State. Under 5A, is considered small school. I would have loved to have seen PG and Carthage duke it out. Please have your Coach call Coach King and schedule them next year. If you can beat Longview then I would agree with you that you could give LT,  Westlake, SLC, Allen, etc.., a run for their money. 

Small eh,... 4ADiv1 is at best, a Middle Division; but whatever... Playing against Allen or Lake Travis is something that will never happen, because neither school could Ever roll Those dice & show their face in public again when Th' Dawgs win....😉

On 12/4/2017 at 6:27 AM, chukslegacy said:

Wow! you have no idea! WOS would give Carthage all they want, but to say the bigger schools couldn't stop Carthage is ridiculous. Katy, Aledo, heck even PAM would keep Carthage from getting past the 50yard line.  Beating Silsbee should have been a given! Just be glad your not in DII or you would have been airing up the roundball last Friday!!

So after that Wood shedding by PG do you really want to mess with Carthage WOS can't mess with bEastTexas

39 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yes the state of 5a Playoff in East TX is pretty sad worst it's ever been. Marshall  and Texas High probably the lone exception. Of course there a huge difference in beating Whitehouse, Nac, Pine Tree than dominate Aledo . Talent wise y'all would be able to hold your own but being serious it wouldn't be fun.

Tx High just Barely escaped R.E.St.John Stadium in double OT earlier this year... Carthage would have handled Them easily.😜

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Probably like I said only two teams in East Texas 5a could compete. Marshall and Texas. Beating Whitehouse / pinetree little different than beating Aledo college station. 

🙄Give it a rest, Lion.... Hendo lost again, just every other year, & will again Next year as long as they hang their hats on one guy, the story will never change...💀

On 12/24/2017 at 10:16 AM, eagle34 said:

There wasn’t a more talented team offensively and defensively than Carthage this weekend.   Only team I think had more was Manvel.  They just didn’t play any defense.

If u think PG was more talented than Carthage you’re smoking some bad hashish.  Carthage would beat them badly.  Just because a team is in a higher division doesn’t mean they’d automatically beat a lower classification team.  Carthage has more talent than Aledo imo.   I think they’d beat Aledo.  They could’ve played with LT, CS and HP, but the depth prolly would’ve won out in the 4th qtr in those games.  None of them would’ve been blowouts though.  Carthage is too well coached imo.  

Im not saying they’d be that competitive on a yearly basis with the bigger schools, but that team is special and loaded with talent.  Best RB and pair of LB there this whole weekend.

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

There wasn’t a more talented team offensively and defensively than Carthage this weekend.   Only team I think had more was Manvel.  They just didn’t play any defense.

If u think PG was more talented than Carthage you’re smoking some bad hashish.  Carthage would beat them badly.  Just because a team is in a higher division doesn’t mean they’d automatically beat a lower classification team.  Carthage has more talent than Aledo imo.   I think they’d beat Aledo.  They could’ve played with LT, CS and HP, but the depth prolly would’ve won out in the 4th qtr in those games.  None of them would’ve been blowouts though.  Carthage is too well coached imo.  

You can tell them all day long, but these 5A&6A guys will never believe it, & their coaches would never schedule a game with Carthage because they would become laughingstocks among their peers when The Dawgs beat them.....

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

You can tell them all day long, but these 5A&6A guys will never believe it, & their coaches would never schedule a game with Carthage because they would become laughingstocks among their peers when The Dawgs beat them.....

I can’t believe that Longview lost to midway.  Midway was not impressive at all.  

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Im not saying they’d be that competitive on a yearly basis with the bigger schools, but that team is special and loaded with talent.  Best RB and pair of LB there this whole weekend.

This is exactly what I’ve been saying. This particular CHS team was special and could’ve done very well against the best teams in all of Texas this year.

No one is saying every single year Carthage could win state in 6A. No need for everyone to flip out.

This is a sports forum where people express opinions and I believe CHS has the best coaching staff in the state. At the high school level coaching is more important than pure athleticism alone, see Manvel never winning a title though every year they have more D1 signees than anyone. 

At the high school level coaching reigns supreme. That’s why we see affluent programs like HP, SLC, LT and Aledo win so many championships. They have great coaches with the best systems and efficient teams. In high school, coaching trumps pure athleticism alone every time.

Carthage has great coaching and lots of athletes for a town of 7,000 people. You combine these two things and you get wins, lots of wins.

Carthage doesn’t run some easily defensible offensive scheme any good DC could shut down. How people don’t understand all these things is beyond me. Why people refuse to believe they could compete at a higher classification seems ignorant to me.

Carthage has seen a revival since Surratt’s arrival. CHS has always had the athletes and potential to be great. We’ve been very blessed by Surratt, Preston & Co to have our boys set up for success. We are very fortunate and things haven’t always been like this for Bulldog fans. 

Also, I don’t want people from other towns to feel Carthage folks are arrogant or have their noses stuck up in the air. We appreciate the lucky position we find ourselves in these days. I’ve said before, circumstances can change in a heartbeat and somehow CHS could suddenly be without Surratt or others and our success on the field could leave us quickly.

We’ve been lucky, it’s been a lot of fun and we understand it could vanish fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2