Tiger1995

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Matthias said:

I think Overton will probably be in a mixed-nuts district with Cumby, Detroit, Maud, and Simms-Bowie...  oh, and Mount Enterprise if they stay in 11-man.

ME showed a 121 enrollment 2ADII range 106-161, don't think they have a choice of not playing 11-man

14 hours ago, neveragain said:

Somebody, somewhere,  is going to get a lot of travel.  In the scenario I've looked at I suppose that is going to be Bremond.

Bremond, Bartlett, Granger, Snook, Somerville, Burton

Last two years we had Iola in our Dist - Evadale, Sabine Pass, Colmesneil, Burkeville, Hull Daisetta.  Iola had a pretty good hike for all 5.  Very few 2A schools down here in the swamp close.  Wish Dallardsville Big Sandy would start football.  Good kids/athletes at that school.

Btw, off topic but can y'all believe my yard is covered in snow?  Haven't seen snow down here in quite a few years.

Here are a few interesting things about this level's realignment after looking at an October Harris Rating System list:

Top teams moving up:  Tenaha, Milano, Lindsay, and Timpson

also....Hull Daisetta, Riviera Kaufer and Winters

Division 1 top joining Division 2: Mart, Stratford, Lovelady, Windthorst

Teams entering D2 from 6 man or just starting a program: Campbell (6 man), Tioga (6 man), Premont (no UIL football last realignment), New Home (6 man)

With the addition of Campbell and Bowie to D2, the northeast corner of the state has a cozy six team district just waiting to happen.

Some of the lesser D1 teams may get new life dropping down: El Dorado, Christoval, James Bowie, La Villa, West Hardin

Dallas Gateway bumps all the way up to 3A D-2

It is all speculation until the official release date, but I think there will be somebody or bodies that have a non-traditional placement sort of like what Wortham experienced being placed in with Tenaha, Timpson, etc.  There are several teams that are more or less by themselves geographically or close to only one other school which makes for a good place to split districts and even regions.  I think Overton and Mount Enterprise fall into this category.  

5 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

ME showed a 121 enrollment 2ADII range 106-161, don't think they have a choice of not playing 11-man

Wow, really? I remember they played up last re-alignment, and with their meager numbers this past season I figured enrollment had dropped off. I guess they just have a lot of boys not coming out for football. Seems like that's going around. 

20 hours ago, neveragain said:

I will boldly predict two 5 team districts and two 6 team districts.

Sabine Pass, Evadale, West Hardin, Burkeville, Colmesneil (if they play)

Grapeland, Lovelady, Iola, Overton, Mt. Enterprise (if they play)

Bowie, Maud, Clarksville, Detroit, Cumby, Campbell

Wortham, Dawson, Frost, Hubbard, Chilton, Mart (unless CPS intervenes to stop the abuse to the other teams in this district)

I have the same district predicted for Overton.  Only w/o Iola, but possibly Colmesneil.  Also remember we have had Wortham in our district the past two years, so there is that to consider. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFball07 said:

Projected East Texas 

Chisum, Cooper, Daingerfield, Dekalb, Omaha PP, Prairland, Queen City

Alba, Edgewood, Grand Saline, Harmony, Quitman, Winona

Arp, EF, Frankston, New Diana, Ore City, Troup, Waskom

That looks about right to me!

2 hours ago, Matthias said:

Wow, really? I remember they played up last re-alignment, and with their meager numbers this past season I figured enrollment had dropped off. I guess they just have a lot of boys not coming out for football. Seems like that's going around. 

Or they have a real high girl population for the school. If you got 100 kids (last realignment numbers) and 65-70 are girls, that will hurt a football season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, neveragain said:

Wortham, Dawson, Frost, Hubbard, Chilton, Mart (unless CPS intervenes to stop the abuse to the other teams in this district)

Can we trade Frost for Bremond to make District play slightly more interesting?

Frost could join Meridian, Santo, Ranger and Cross Plains 

10 hours ago, CMurder1 said:

I don't see them putting Highland Park in that district. And if they did, I think they would appeal it. Simply beacuse of traveling to Tyler and Texarkana.

If that is the case the hold state is going to appeal to having to drive more than 20 minutes down the road.

D1 - Booker, Gruver, Shamrock, Stratford, Vega, Wheeler
D2 - Claude, Clarendon, Lockney, Memphis, Quanah, Wellington
D3 - Bovina, Farwell, Smyer, Springlake-Earth, Sudan
D4 - Crosbyton, New Home, Plains, Ralls, Seagraves, Tahoka

D5 - Christoval, Iraan, Irion County, McCamey, Wink, Van Horn
D6 - Baird, Cross Plains, Miles, Menard, Ranger, Santo
D7 - Albany, Hamlin, Haskell, Munday, Roby, Roscoe
D8 - Archer City, Electra, Era, Muenster, Petrolia, Tioga, Windthorst

D9 - Campbell, Clarksville, Cumby, Detroit, Maud, Simms Bowie, Wolfe City
D10- Grapeland, Iola, Lovelady, Overton, Mt Enterprise
D11- Dawson, Frost, Hubbard, Meridian, Wortham
D12- Bartlett, Granger, Bremond, Chilton, Mart, 

D13 - Burkeville, Colmesneil, Evadale, Sabine Pass, Saratoga West Hardin, 
D14 - Burton, Falls City, Flatonia, Louise, Somerville, Snook, Runge
D15 - Charlotte, D'Hanis, La Pryor, Pettus, Rocksprings, 
D16 - Agua Dulce, Benavides, Bruni, LaVilla, Premont, Woodsboro

13 hours ago, Lion70 said:

No just giving van the business after years of bragging only to be beat by some Doom teams. Our JV was pretty salty freshmen not so much, Carthage has a stacked 8th and 9th grade and decent JV . Kilgore pretty impressive as well only team to give Hendo JV a loss

I can only remember 2 years that Van recently played a DOD opponent. One was Gilmer and Van gave them all they wanted and more. Even the Buckeyes will tell ya Van dominated that game in all facets but the final score and turnovers. When we played Henderson, I was there and believe the better team won. 

• Tubaman2018 changed the title to 4A-2 Region 1: District 4
  • Mr. P unpinned and unpinned this topic
  • Mr. P locked this topic