MavGrad's CFB Playoff and Bowl Preview 2017-18

Coach Rab

20 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

We should just start handing out participation trophies. 

Notre Dame, A&M and a few other schools have old trophies from losing 3 games a yr back in day...

im cool with it... doesn’t mean I’ll regard it as legit, but if someone wants to make a poll and claim them #1 with a trophy, then hang your banner...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

If the committee had let them participate then this wouldn't be talked about. 

No, they’d be talking about the epic beat down they received at the hands of Clemson. UCF has one quality win. They had no business being anywhere near a national championship game. But, hey, they played hard, so, hand them a trophy! While you’re at it, give one to all the other teams that have racked up gaudy records against subpar competitors. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

No, they’d be talking about the epic beat down they received at the hands of Clemson. UCF has one quality win. They had no business being anywhere near a national championship game. But, hey, they played hard, so, hand them a trophy! While you’re at it, give one to all the other teams that have racked up gaudy records against subpar competitors. 

Your "participation trophy" theory doesn't work because UCF wasn't allowed to participate. 

If they got in and Clemson destroyed them then they'd have no claim to make. As it sits right now they are the only undefeated team in the country. That's not the same as trying hard, not winning, but getting a trophy anyway. 

1 hour ago, DTrump said:
image.jpeg
This right here shows why Kanell is the Chuck Schumer of college football. Complete idiot!

i love that he is arguing for WIsconsin when I believe Penn St was the best team in the B10 despite losing to Ohio St...

On 1/4/2018 at 11:04 AM, DTrump said:
image.jpeg
This right here shows why Kanell is the Chuck Schumer of college football. Complete idiot!

Same idiot and hater as always like a large part of the country.  Danny is not interested in getting the best 4 teams in as much as he is eliminating the SEC.  So let the best two eliminate one or the other and then let the final be against the  third and best place teams?  Makes sense to he haters?  Really though, it was set 1 against 4 and 2 against 3.  If the SEC would have been  in any other spots that they were, then they would have played each other and that would have been fair because it was already established process. 

Now I'm surprised the Danny boy did not say the ranking were manipulated to ensure the Georgia and Alabama would not play each other.  This is the case in College Baseball were they do their best to pair the SEC teams up against each other when they get to the final 16 and 8 teams were at all possible.    

On 1/6/2018 at 1:39 PM, RedCreek49 said:

Same idiot and hater as always like a large part of the country.  Danny is not interested in getting the best 4 teams in as much as he is eliminating the SEC.  So let the best two eliminate one or the other and then let the final be against the  third and best place teams?  Makes sense to he haters?  Really though, it was set 1 against 4 and 2 against 3.  If the SEC would have been  in any other spots that they were, then they would have played each other and that would have been fair because it was already established process. 

Now I'm surprised the Danny boy did not say the ranking were manipulated to ensure the Georgia and Alabama would not play each other.  This is the case in College Baseball were they do their best to pair the SEC teams up against each other when they get to the final 16 and 8 teams were at all possible.    

In baseball it’s still possible to have a 1 conference final... but if you aren’t good enough to get a regional seed, you are at the mercy of the NCAA and your regional host.  I like the way baseball does it and kind of wish basketball worked more like that model rather than 8 sets of 8 teams going to 1 host site not really based on regions (although I think they try)