Giancarlo Stanton

Stoney

18 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Starlin Castro is the only Yankee name mentioned so far...I swear if the price is anything less than astronomical...

It's not. It's basically him and a couple "A" players. Yankees are on the hook for $260m of his $325 contract. It's basically the ARod deal all over again. With Jeter being in charge of the Marlins it doesn't quite pass the smell test.

24 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

It's not. It's basically him and a couple "A" players. Yankees are on the hook for $260m of his $325 contract. It's basically the ARod deal all over again. With Jeter being in charge of the Marlins it doesn't quite pass the smell test.

I don't like this deal. Like you said, it doesn't pass the smell test. I don't mind him going to NY, but it's the Jeter connection that makes things fishy. Just like Ed Wade and his Houston dealings with Philly...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stoneykelly said:

We have plenty of payroll now with losing many of those types of top dollar players.  The'll spend the money to keep the best players.  I like the deal with him joining Judge and Sanchez.  Castro had a decent year, but he hasn't improved to where I think he should be.   Now we just need an Ace and one more starter.  I don't think they'll bring C.C. back.  

Dave, do you know the last home run leader to be acquired by the league leader in team home runs before Stanton? The Yankees led the AL in home runs (45 total) back in 1919 before they bought Babe Ruth( 29).

That 3-4-5 of Stanton, Judge , Sanchez will be scary.