4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

16 minutes ago, futfan said:

Since the best is West Orange Stark, nobody up here has. PG has, however, beaten all previous "Best" teams in our path. Every week it is the same, but each week, we have "beaten the man."

The "MAN" is WOS and that hasn't changed since 2015 with a crushing defeat of Celina who everyone thought was the MAN same thing following year in 2016 when Sweetwater thought they wanted to wear papas pants. That was hard to watch. Sure WOS has lost some players after graduating but some of those incoming freshmen would start on most of your teams. As stated before WOS reloads every year. These young men here in Orange have been displaced for the last 3 months or more not having their own bed to sleep in due to Harvey. Total devestation  to this area and to the kids. But I can guarantee you one thing taking second place is not an option for these young men. They have been told time and time again your not as good as previous years but they refuse to believe that and each week they have proved that they refuse to be beaten. These are special young men are on a mission just like your I'm sure. Thursday can't come quick enough and neither can Friday. Look forward to continuing this Friday night that is if you can get through Thursday night!

Talk is cheap. We’ve heard all the “y’all aint played nobody....y’all aint played us yet....PG Wing T is old school footballl....PG never been this far before....we won 7on7 3 years.....” blah blah. 

Let’s just shut up and play football. It doesn’t phase us. We believe and we will be ready for the “best QB pg has played this year so far”. 

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

One thing I’ve noticed about Graham through the years.  They seem to dictate the pace of the game.  When playing these high flying east Texas speed teams they find ways to slow the game down, eat clock and get them out of their comfort zone.  It hasn’t always worked, but they have managed to compete in close games with them.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t a 14-12 type game

Clock grinding has been the bread and butter of PG. They will line up in that wing-t and just work it down the field 6 & 7 yards at a chunk (unless they break the big play).   I found myself in the visiting stands Friday night trying to chase down the football and find who had it. They line up quick on the ball and they’re is a lot of motion in the backfield at the snap with the slots , that make it hard to make a quick decision on who is the ball carrier. They carry the football tucked and leaning forward so it makes it even that much harder to find the ball. I realized Friday night, that if I’m up in the stands and can’t find the ball, then how could I expect the boys playing defense down on the field level to find the ball and react fast enough. 

10 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Clock grinding has been the bread and butter of PG. They will line up in that wing-t and just work it down the field 6 & 7 yards at a chunk (unless they break the big play).   I found myself in the visiting stands Friday night trying to chase down the football and find who had it. They line up quick on the ball and they’re is a lot of motion in the backfield at the snap with the slots , that make it hard to make a quick decision on who is the ball carrier. They carry the football tucked and leaning forward so it makes it even that much harder to find the ball. I realized Friday night, that if I’m up in the stands and can’t find the ball, then how could I expect the boys playing defense down on the field level to find the ball and react fast enough. 

Defenses have to be fundamentally sound.  When they quit their assignments to chase where they think the ball is that’s when the ball goes right where they were supposed to be.  

I havent seen PG this year.  What do they do offensively?

edit: I see they run the wingT.  Don’t be surprised if Graham  makes you throw a lot more than normal.  They’re typically pretty solid defensively.  

Having said that I’m pulling for you PG

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Defenses have to be fundamentally sound.  When they quit their assignments to chase where they think the ball is that’s when the ball goes right where they were supposed to be.  

I havent seen PG this year.  What do they do offensively?

edit: I see they run the wingT.  Don’t be surprised if Graham  makes you throw a lot more than normal.  They’re typically pretty solid defensively.  

Having said that I’m pulling for you PG

Slot wing-T with a motion usually. They like to run a lot of trap and sweeps out of it. But they’ll mix it up occasionally with a pass but for the most part they will keep it on the ground and just nickel and dime you into submission with a few select group of ball carriers.

Wanted to let PG know I am on the Bandwagon. Yall played an awesome game. I feel our boys gave up after the 14-0 and 3 starters getting hurt early didn't help out. You could just see them not playing their game. Not taking anything away from PG's defense because it is no joke and their RBs run downhill and keep driving. They do NOT go down easy.

I will be coming to PG vs Graham to provide support for PG to represent Region 2. I will be wearing a Melissa shirt though sorry :(

Prediction is PG by 7. Going to be one heck of a good game.

Only complaint I have about the PG game was after and it is directed at a couple PG students standing by the gate in letter man jackets telling Melissa fans Don't Cry on their way home. Learn some class if not it will bite you in the ...........

4 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

The "MAN" is WOS and that hasn't changed since 2015 with a crushing defeat of Celina who everyone thought was the MAN same thing following year in 2016 when Sweetwater thought they wanted to wear papas pants. That was hard to watch. Sure WOS has lost some players after graduating but some of those incoming freshmen would start on most of your teams. As stated before WOS reloads every year. These young men here in Orange have been displaced for the last 3 months or more not having their own bed to sleep in due to Harvey. Total devestation  to this area and to the kids. But I can guarantee you one thing taking second place is not an option for these young men. They have been told time and time again your not as good as previous years but they refuse to believe that and each week they have proved that they refuse to be beaten. These are special young men are on a mission just like your I'm sure. Thursday can't come quick enough and neither can Friday. Look forward to continuing this Friday night that is if you can get through Thursday night!

The year Celina played WOS in the final would have been a different outcome if they don’t loose there starting QB on the first drive.

Now that the Final Fours have been determined ... I always like to look back at "professional" prognosticators ....

4A

Div 2 - 

TEXAS FOOTBALL Magazine

Picked:

1) Gilmer

2) WOS

3) Cuero

4) Celina

Ended up: PG was ranked #8; Graham #17; Wimberly #6

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL Magazine

Picked:
1) Cuero

2) WOS

3) Celina

4) Gilmer

Ended up: Wimberly #6, Graham #13, PG #14

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIV 1 - 

TF Mag

Picked:

1) Carthage

2) La Vega

3) Argyle

4) Kennedale

Ended up: Stephenville NOT even listed among the Top 20 teams

FNF Mag

Picked:

1) Carthage

2) La Vega

3) Mid Heritage

4) China Spring

Ended up: Kennedale #6, Stephenville #20

39 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

Celine QB should not have broke his arm running the ball. No excuses please.

Not an excuse, it's a fact. He didn't choose to break his arm. Celina literally lost the entire passing dimension of their offense when he broke his arm. Anyone that saw the backup throw, knew that. It was horrendous.

38 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Not an excuse, it's a fact. He didn't choose to break his arm. Celina literally lost the entire passing dimension of their offense when he broke his arm. Anyone that saw the backup throw, knew that. It was horrendous.

38 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

He chose to take off and run and broke his arm. That is football and we can say "if" every game. 

4 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

He chose to take off and run and broke his arm. That is football and we can say "if" every game. 

It resulted in him breaking his arm, but you made it seem like it was a choice me made. I mean, he was a dual threat QB. Kind of what he did, throw or run. 

I had no dog in the fight, and am not a fan of either team. I surely wasn't a fan if Pingleton his senior year, but I'm not oblivious to what happened either. WO-S stacked the box from that point forward, and the Celina backup was quite the opposite of an adequate passer. 

There are ifs in every game. I'm not saying Celina would have won, but I sure think they would have. There are several teams I think could have won that game beings Celina's #1 player was out. Name a position that would impact a team more if you lost your starter. Especially one playing at the level Pingleton was his Junior year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

no doubt both Graham and PG deserve to be where they are at regardless of how easy the road is getting there. this next week will tell all.  

I agree. Both Deserve to be in the Semis.

there have been no controversial calls that cost the game. No opponent losing the QB or star player in the first drive, no freak lucky play to pull out the win. 

PG has just gone out and played, and every week, shown the naysayers it s not hype.

looking forward to a great game.

#HawkNation

16 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It resulted in him breaking his arm, but you made it seem like it was a choice me made. I mean, he was a dual threat QB. Kind of what he did, throw or run. 

I had no dog in the fight, and am not a fan of either team. I surely wasn't a fan if Pingleton his senior year, but I'm not oblivious to what happened either. WO-S stacked the box from that point forward, and the Celina backup was quite the opposite of an adequate passer. 

There are ifs in every game. I'm not saying Celina would have won, but I sure think they would have. There are several teams I think could have won that game beings Celina's #1 player was out. Name a position that would impact a team more if you lost your starter. Especially one playing at the level Pingleton was his Junior year.

We can speculate every game on "if's" but I just believe it was fate and move on. I was in attendance for that game and knew very little about either team. Injuries are part of football and we can always make statements about injuries, fumbles and bad calls by referees. Unfortunately, we live in a flawed world and face reality that **** happens. 

2 hours ago, dean1345 said:

Sure was a LOT of wos folks talking about ifs after the 2014 SC game. If the ref hadn't called the block in the back on the FG return, if their RB hadn't fumbled on their own GL. So wos folks know all about ifs and those were actual mistakes by their players and not an accident that could happen to anyone on any play. 

• Thanks 1