4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

43 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

you sound like PG in the finals is a given! Cant wait until Thursday to root on Graham! your story tale season ends this Thursday at Frisco!!

You better root for Graham. That's the only chance WOS had at a 3-peat.

12 minutes ago, steernation said:

Think this will be a great game. Graham’s run defense should be up for the challenge. The only thing I find a little funny is the PG faithful beating their chest like they have the playoff history of Gilmer or Carthage!

I think they're beating their chests because they are aware what's going on. This team is really good. It's very easy to underestimate them because they're not flashy. No big name QB, no D1 stud RB (though Martin is a beast). They don't hit home runs all game. They don't take constant shots down the field. They literally line up and punch you in the mouth for 4 quarters. They're extremely physical, and unless you have a defensive line with a couple of studs on it (like Roach from Celina), you won't stop them. They're extremely dynamic, and set up how they play by what's successful.

I'm just speaking from what I've seen. That team I watched Friday night was awesome. Coverage was spot on, front 7 played like we all knew they would, and the offense was totally in sync. 

I really wish I could make this game. Still looking for an online stream.

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I think they're beating their chests because they are aware what's going on. This team is really good. It's very easy to underestimate them because they're not flashy. No big name QB, no D1 stud RB (though Martin is a beast). They don't hit home runs all game. They don't take constant shots down the field. They literally line up and punch you in the mouth for 4 quarters. They're extremely physical, and unless you have a defensive line with a couple of studs on it (like Roach from Celina), you won't stop them. They're extremely dynamic, and set up how they play by what's successful.

I'm just speaking from what I've seen. That team I watched Friday night was awesome. Coverage was spot on, front 7 played like we all knew they would, and the offense was totally in sync. 

You obviously don't watch much high school football

20 minutes ago, steernation said:

Think this will be a great game. Graham’s run defense should be up for the challenge. The only thing I find a little funny is the PG faithful beating their chest like they have the playoff history of Gilmer or Carthage!

Y'all just don't understand yet we're talking about a complete team. PGs Oline is big a will bully a Dline if not prepared. Rbs and WR are pretty dang fast and run perfect routes. Defensive front 7 is best that is left in 4a. Dbs are quick and very smart. They blitz from every way and you won't know where it come from. 

1 minute ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Y'all just don't understand yet we're talking about a complete team. PGs Oline is big a will bully a Dline if not prepared. Rbs and WR are pretty dang fast and run perfect routes. Defensive front 7 is best that is left in 4a. Dbs are quick and very smart. They blitz from every way and you won't know where it come from. 

PG should be playing in the NFL on Sundays!

• Like 3

I cannot wait for this game. So many differences between the two teams. I will say the Graham QB is outstanding, but he seems to have ample time in what I have seen, that will not be the case Thursday. Someone from Graham said the safety is the leading tackler, that’s not good when facing a team that runs the wing T, that means they are 4-6 yards down field. AND if he is coming up and making those plays with the linebackers, well you will be able to find #4 from PG in the end zone with the football.

Graham does not make mistakes, that is for sure. Both teams are well coached, and it’s the final four, either can win! Can Graham stop the PG run game with their defensive front? Can PG make the QB uncomfortable and keep him from getting into a rhythm?

1 hour ago, steernation said:

Don't think many are beating their chest.  PG is giving up an average of 15.3 points through the playoffs.  Heck, in one game they allowed 28.............21 of which was allowed by our reserves.  This team is for real.  I think confidence is being mistaken for cockiness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

My son is a senior on Melissa. Out of all the games we have played he said the RB's for PG ran the ball harder than any team the last 2 years. Their yards after contact are better than i have seen on many teams. I will be at the game rocking my Melissa shirt on PG side. PG past Graham in a good game and then PG finishing as SC. They are legit. Not taking away from Graham but i just don't see PG being stopped if they continue to play like i saw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steernation said:

Being proud and confident is not dependent on a history similar to Carthage or Gilmer.
Nobody's history tells how good they are in the present, much less how good we are.

Go back and look at previous threads, full of people who have claimed the same thing.

I don't claim we are "the man" yet, because the top of the hill is still occupied by WOS.

But, as I said, history don't account for squat, this year it's "What you got?"!

Hopefully , we will see about Graham first.

I ain't talkin' smack, just makin sure I have enough crow to go around.

• Like 1

If someone has an extra PG hat for me I will sport it at the game :) I will definitely be there to support the team that ended our season. I will be at AT&T stadium to do the same for them. 

Word of advice Graham. PG O line can block and those RBs can really run the ball downhill and continue after contact. Then when you stack that box the QB is a silent spot on assassin drilling #4 on the outside. If and I say IF Graham can stop PG then I say they win SC.

Whoever wins this game IMO will win SC. My money is on PG 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, futfan said:

PG managed the Melissa QB, now the task is to keep the Steer's 400 yd passer in check. Wimberly also has a great QB, so we may just have to keep proving our mettle until the end.

It was nice to meet you futfan! Hope to see you again in Arlington!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

you sound like PG in the finals is a given! Cant wait until Thursday to root on Graham! your story tale season ends this Thursday at Frisco!!

For someone who keeps saying PG can't beat WOS, you sure are hoping they don't get to the big game. What's the matter, are you scared of the little ole East Texas team from Texarkana? Sure sounds like it!!!

1 hour ago, Unbiased1 said:

I cannot wait for this game. So many differences between the two teams. I will say the Graham QB is outstanding, but he seems to have ample time in what I have seen, that will not be the case Thursday. Someone from Graham said the safety is the leading tackler, that’s not good when facing a team that runs the wing T, that means they are 4-6 yards down field. AND if he is coming up and making those plays with the linebackers, well you will be able to find #4 from PG in the end zone with the football.

Graham does not make mistakes, that is for sure. Both teams are well coached, and it’s the final four, either can win! Can Graham stop the PG run game with their defensive front? Can PG make the QB uncomfortable and keep him from getting into a rhythm?

best "unbiased" analysis I have read so far.

3 hours ago, steernation said:

I hope your not relying on history to get the Steers past PG this year, your in for a long night!