4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

I think Graham is about as good as Gilmer offensively, but with slightly less speed and a LOT more discipline, not to mention a lot better defense.  This will be an interesting match up.  I think this will be the best team PG has faced in the playoffs, so be forewarned.

Pleasant Grove will do what they do, and they will hard to stop regardless of who they are playing.  They also have the defense that can disrupt the Steer offense.  Graham will have to be a couple of ticks faster getting the ball off than what they are used to because of PG's front seven.  It will be tough getting any kind of a consistent running game going against PG, so the passing game will have to quick and crisp for the Steers.

I think this is a game that could go either way, but I'm leaning toward PG if they get off to a good start.  Graham has defeated some really good teams this year, and some handily.  So has PG.  This game will say a lot about the region they each come from.  This is where you find out whether one region is stronger than another.  If ever there were a time to make a statement this is it.

5 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Sir that statement is filled with 100% Homerism! I dare say that after watching last weeks game, Lewis carried Melissa to the playoffs and in the playoffs. What's really scary is this kid is a sophomore. From what I see with Graham QB he is efficient and accurate. That being said he is not being harassed by the top rated D in 4A. This week will show you how good your QB is. Step right up and get your ticket to the Drove by the Grove show.

We will chat on Friday and see how you really feel!!

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

The blitz stunts that PG brings are stellar. I read that Melissa said that PG was bringing blitz stunts that they haven’t seen all year. So, that tells me that they brought stuff at the Melissa QB that wasn’t even on film.

I don’t know what PG was doing, but man did it work. Perfection. 

1 minute ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

The blitz stunts that PG brings are stellar. I read that Melissa said that PG was bringing blitz stunts that they haven’t seen all year. So, that tells me that they brought stuff at the Melissa QB that wasn’t even on film.

If the blitz gets to Graham’s QB it will not be good for Graham, but I will tell you this PG hasnt seen a QB that’s reads the D and makes checks like Graham’s. Sometimes those blitz’s hurt you a lot more then they help you!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

If the blitz gets to Graham’s QB it will not be good for Graham, but I will tell you this PG hasnt seen a QB that’s reads the D and makes checks like Graham’s. Sometimes those blitz’s hurt you a lot more then they help you!

We have 2 seniors LB’s that will be playing on Saturdays next year. They have seen all the trips, double crosses, screens, outs, posts, and go routes that Graham has run every game. If Graham doesn’t bring New plays, it’s lights out. 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

We have 2 seniors LB’s that will be playing on Saturdays next year. They have seen all the trips, double crosses, screens, outs, posts, and go routes that Graham has run every game. If Graham doesn’t bring New plays, it’s lights out. 

Graham might run those routes and “rubs” better than what PG has seen this year?

PG gonna Honk Horn!  I have no doubt he is a good QB but he is going to take some hard shots. He certainly has poise and stands tall when he delivers the ball. The Steers offensive line will be helping him off the deck a lot. Great test for both teams! My prediction is that PG will grind out the win!

9 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I'm wondering what's the state rankings of Graham's opponents this year as compare to PG? 

Anyone care to post that for me?

PG has played a tougher schedule as a whole, IMO. 

Obviously Graham’s notches on the belt are Stephenville who is still playing and the team Stephenville knocked out of the playoffs last week. Those are Graham’s two best wins. 

PS. I don’t know rankings. They seem kinda pointless to me. 

11 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I'm wondering what's the state rankings of Graham's opponents this year as compare to PG? 

11 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Graham has beat Stephenville and Hirschi both ranked in the top ten of 4AD1.

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Ok hats off to Graham for being a real threat. I just didn't know if they were a product of sub par opponents., Allright so it's a legit matchup. LETS SEE WHAT THE HAWKS GOT? 

This is why it’s hard to take some of you guys serious. Beating that chest and predicting blowouts when you don’t even have a clue who we have played. I have seen the film and know PG is legit. It will take our best effort to get a W Thursday.  Graham’s offense is plenty stout and has played some very good defenses. I would say that Stephenville had the best D with Sweetwater being a close second. Our secondary is not as good as years past, but our run D is plenty good. I think our boys will be up to the task and this will be a knock down drag out! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

you sound like PG in the finals is a given! Cant wait until Thursday to root on Graham! your story tale season ends this Thursday at Frisco!!

Sounds like you have the same confidence in your Mustangs. 

Interesting. already counting chickens.

11 minutes ago, steernation said:

This is why it’s hard to take some of you guys serious. Beating that chest and predicting blowouts when you don’t even have a clue who we have played. I have seen the film and know PG is legit. It will take our best effort to get a W Thursday.  Graham’s offense is plenty stout and has played some very good defenses. I would say that Stephenville had the best D with Sweetwater being a close second. Our secondary is not as good as years past, but our run D is plenty good. I think our boys will be up to the task and this will be a knock down drag out! 

Now we are reasonable, so I will be also. The QB, RB combo for Graham will be the keys to stop. As good as Melissa's QB was, I think the Steer's QB will be a tougher challenge. Over 4K yards, plus a RB that is well over 1000 in addition to his yards.2,3, and 7 will be on the Hawks radar.

As for PG, Make a list. Check it twice. They have depth of weapons that ALL have to be watched. That will be Graham's challenge.

PG has shown it can shut down, or hold to ineffective, the other teams main strength. That said, Graham will be a more than worthy next test.

3 minutes ago, futfan said:

Now we are reasonable, so I will be also. The QB, RB combo for Graham will be the keys to stop. As good as Melissa's QB was, I think the Steer's QB will be a tougher challenge. Over 4K yards, plus a RB that is well over 1000 in addition to his yards.2,3, and 7 will be on the Hawks radar.

As for PG, Make a list. Check it twice. They have depth of weapons that ALL have to be watched. That will be Graham's challenge.

PG has shown it can shut down, or hold to ineffective, the other teams main strength. That said, Graham will be a more than worthy next test.

Add 21, 9, 10, 12, and 15 to your list of Graham’s weapons. 21 missed most of the year with injuries. He is a playmaker. Can’t wait for this one. It will be a war!

Ok graham defense, this is what you’re up against. PG runs a Wing T. Old school assignment football right?  Multiple sets. Two tight ends sometimes. QB always under center. We literally have 5 running backs that we sub in just about every down. Three tight ends in and out as well. All can catch all can block. Running backs that also block as well as they can run. 

#15 is an amazing between the tackles runner. He has above average speed and tremendous hands. 

#21 is just a stud  dynamic on both sides of the ball.  Division 1 athlete that will play on saturdays  

#22 is a speedster. Sub 11 second 100m with power on edges (see Arkansas high highlights)

#2 is a versatile sophomore with talent to spare  fast, quick, nimble, and can play all three running back spots

#25 has become another weapon for us. Runs hard between the tackles and is a smart player who always does his job. Great hands as well.

Just when you’ve got them all figured out, #4 burns you deep  

the steer defense looks good and it should be a great challenge for them