4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

7 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Ok graham defense, this is what you’re up against. PG runs a Wing T. Old school assignment football right?  Multiple sets. Two tight ends sometimes. QB always under center. We literally have 5 running backs that we sub in just about every down. Three tight ends in and out as well. All can catch all can block. Running backs that also block as well as they can run. 

#15 is an amazing between the tackles runner. He has above average speed and tremendous hands. 

#21 is just a stud  dynamic on both sides of the ball.  Division 1 athlete that will play on saturdays  

#22 is a speedster. Sub 11 second 100m with power on edges (see Arkansas high highlights)

#2 is a versatile sophomore with talent to spare  fast, quick, nimble, and can play all three running back spots

#25 has become another weapon for us. Runs hard between the tackles and is a smart player who always does his job. Great hands as well.

Just when you’ve got them all figured out, #4 burns you deep  

the steer defense looks good and it should be a great challenge for them  

Graham kids been playing the wing T since they were in 7th grade we have two teams in our district that run it. Also ask Monahans how it worked out for them!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Graham kids been playing the wing T since they were in 7th grade we have two teams in our district that run it. Also ask Monahans how it worked out for them!

I understand your confidence. It’s very well deserved and I appreciate it. Good luck 

19 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Ask who? Nevermind, don't bother. You ain't seen it ran like this....there's definitely a twist to this wing-T. 

33 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Oh nooooo! Just when I started having respect for steersman this blurrpes out! 

MONAHNS?? Really bro? LOL!

WOW you are in for such a wake up call!

NEWS FLASH : The peewee Giants run a wing T! 

Come on Steer just when I think you know your football , you spew something like the MONAHANS?? 

Dont do it man! 

Somebody from PG can stop me if I'm lying, but I think that when their HC first got there he switched them from a wing tee to a spread offense. After a string of pre-district losses he switched them back to the wing tee mid-season and they've been pretty nasty ever since then.

1 minute ago, Aggie98 said:

Somebody from PG can stop me if I'm lying, but I think that when their HC first got there he switched them from a wing tee to a spread offense. After a string of pre-district losses he switched them back to the wing tee mid-season and they've been pretty nasty ever since then.

Switched after the Atlanta game last year. Won 5 straight after including 2 playoffs games. Lost to Celina 3rd rd. This year been in Wing t all year. 14-0

2 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Close.....they ran wing T for 2 seasons.  Switched to spread in 3rd season then switched back. 

8 hours ago, futfan said:

Sounds like you have the same confidence in your Mustangs. 

Interesting. already counting chickens.

Graham is the favorite over PG. I guess Other people don't believe the hype either! WOS will take care of Wimberly by at least 14 to 17 points. It will be Graham vs WOS in Jerrys world!

3 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Graham is the favorite over PG. I guess Other people don't believe the hype either! WOS will take care of Wimberly by at least 14 to 17 points. It will be Graham vs WOS in Jerrys world!

Good thing football follows predictions or favorites. If that is the case Graham and PG shouldn’t even play Thursday because NOBODY picked Graham to win their region.

Also, at this point in the playoffs can we really call it “hype?” I mean there are four teams left in 4A DII, I’m pretty sure the “hype” of all the teams has been validated.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unbiased1 said:

Good thing football follows predictions or favorites. If that is the case Graham and PG shouldn’t even play Thursday because NOBODY picked Graham to win their region.

Also, at this point in the playoffs can we really call it “hype?” I mean there are four teams left in 4A DII, I’m pretty sure the “hype” of all the teams has been validated.

From what I have seen and read, heck everybody but PG is lucky to be in the final four. Even though WOS is on  a 39 game winning streak and also the reigning champs in 4A DII in 2015 and 16  its just a fluke that we are still here! I just hope everybody from WOS has their lucky rabbits foot on them the next two weeks!

30 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

From what I have seen and read, heck everybody but PG is lucky to be in the final four. Even though WOS is on  a 39 game winning streak and also the reigning champs in 4A DII in 2015 and 16  its just a fluke that we are still here! I just hope everybody from WOS has their lucky rabbits foot on them the next two weeks!

Not talking about WOS. This is Hawks VS Steers thread. WOS needs to be concerned about Wimberley. PG is Focused on Graham as I am sure Graham is focused on PG.

You mistake confidence for arrogance. I have not heard any PG supporter with half a brain crown the Hawks. All of us believe they have what it takes. Football is played not forecasted. Seems those who do forecast football this year have shown there is no game won before it is played.

Graham is favored to win as they should be given their numbers. They just put 60 up on Bushland. PG just put 55 on Melissa. I believe this to be fact:

The 2 teams that are playing are the right ones. Graham is facing their toughest challenge, PG is facing their toughest challenge. This is what its about. The best teams facing off in competition. Who wins? Who knows? I believe this game will reflect how good both teams are. PG is Ofcoarse who I want to win. I believe they can. HEART AND SOUL HAWKS!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

Sorry bud PG came by and took our Rabbits feet.

14 hours ago, Steerman88 said:

How many times did MONAHANS throw the ball out of the wing-t?

How fast are the MONAHANS backs?

The PG wing-t has all the components of a State Championship caliber offense, just think Odessa Permian of the last 80's and 90's.

OBTW, they have the DEFENSE to go along with it.

And it ain't braggin if it's fact.

18 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

How many times did MONAHANS throw the ball out o fthe wing-t?

The PG wing-t has all the components of a State Championship caliber offense, just thing Odessa Permian of the last 80's and 90's.

Truth^^

14 hours ago, steernation said:

Add 21, 9, 10, 12, and 15 to your list of Graham’s weapons. 21 missed most of the year with injuries. He is a playmaker. Can’t wait for this one. It will be a war!

I missed 21 in my looking, but didn't realize he had an injury issue. Nice stats.

PG having a good day in the secondary will be the key on defense. Coverage sacks , a tall middle D line, and speed in the back four have been our strengths this year, exactly what they will need for Graham. Our defense can handle the run game.

I see a high scoring shootout, but unless and until Graham is ahead when the clock hits zero will I believe the Hawks can't and won't win.

Every week I get that same feeling that it is our toughest match yet, and wonder if they are really up to the challenge, which has leveled up each week.

Each week I feel guilty for having doubts, as they have shown what they are made of, in an impressive fashion.

I am tired of doubting after seeing them smother Melissa.

I really hope each team has all their horses ready to run, nobody wants to have an asterisk.

Beat the man, and with the best on best.

2 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

I don't know where you get that, nobody is "Lucky" to be here. Surely not PG, as they have earned it every step.

Maybe you could wait until next Friday to be obsessed about a game that is not even scheduled yet.

I bet there is a Wimberly - WOS thread somewhere...

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

How many times did MONAHANS throw the ball out of the wing-t?

The PG wing-t has all the components of a State Championship caliber offense, just think Odessa Permian of the last 80's and 90's.

I will catch you on Friday along with the rest and see how you still feel! Win or lose I will be here to congratulate the winner! Graham knows where they are going up against in PG I believe y’all are the ones underestimating Graham’s offense.

1 hour ago, futfan said:

I bet there is a Wimberly - WOS thread somewhere...

Man, that is a sleepy Thread. almost a page. No wonder you are on here.
Is there someplace the Mustangs and Wimberly have a more active thread?