4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, Hawkguy888 said:

This game is too close to call. 

Have to agree. While I will be rooting for my hometown, I know it will be a tall task to take out PG. We can throw out all the stats, records, and schedules we want but at the end of the day this game will be played by a bunch of 15-18 year old kids. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steerman88 said:

I will catch you on Friday along with the rest and see how you still feel! Win or lose I will be here to congratulate the winner! Graham knows where they are going up against in PG I believe y’all are the ones underestimating Graham’s offense.

There may be some fans underestimating the Graham offense. I assure you that the football team is not. Graham is 14-0 and has beat some good football teams. Not one person that has an impact on this game is underestimating Graham. They will be a tough challenge for the Hawks. I would bet that Graham is not underestimating PG either. That's the reason I pay more attention to the comments posted by fans that have watched both teams and give their unbiased opinion. Were all homers when it comes to our team. Any football fan that has paid attention to both teams knows that this will be a good matchup.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

There may be some fans underestimating the Graham offense. I assure you that the football team is not. Graham is 14-0 and has beat some good football teams. Not one person that has an impact on this game is underestimating Graham. They will be a tough challenge for the Hawks. I would bet that Graham is not underestimating PG either. That's the reason I pay more attention to the comments posted by fans that have watched both teams and give their unbiased opinion. Were all homers when it comes to our team. Any football fan that has paid attention to both teams knows that this will be a good matchup.

I agree I think this will be a awesome game, two teams with two different styles I think both teams at times will have trouble stopping each other. With that being said the team that adjust to the others style during the game will come out on top. You can’t take anything away from either team they have both taken care of business the way they should up to this point! Being from Graham I am still taking Graham in a dog fight by 10! If PG pulls it out I will be there to root them on for a SC for those boys just like I will for the steers! 

3 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

I agree I think this will be a awesome game, two teams with two different styles I think both teams at times will have trouble stopping each other. With that being said the team that adjust to the others style during the game will come out on top. You can’t take anything away from either team they have both taken care of business the way they should up to this point! Being from Graham I am still taking Graham in a dog fight by 10! If PG pulls it out I will be there to root them on for a SC for those boys just like I will for the steers! 

Same here. Steers seem to be trying to get over that final hump. 4 semi appearances in 6 yrs is impressive. 1st in school history for PG. I don't think this game will be as high scoring as other folks. Even with the prolific offense from Graham. This game will come down to defense. Kicking game could play a big part as well.

4 hours ago, Steerman88 said:

I will catch you on Friday along with the rest and see how you still feel! Win or lose I will be here to congratulate the winner! Graham knows where they are going up against in PG I believe y’all are the ones underestimating Graham’s offense.

I don't think the team is. The fans may be. We all didn't take Melissa very seriously either, but the Hawks did. That Melissa QB was electrifying. Without him, Melissa had no chance. Some will say Melissa was not good, or undeserving, but it's all about match-ups, and PG matches up really well with the spread. They're literally built for it, in my opinion. Melissa had some stellar athletes, and speed that will get them some points this year in track. 

Has PG #21 gotten any D1 offers yet? I see the GAC schools have been all over the PG seniors lately. There's been talent at PG for years glad to see some of these kids start to recognized. I still cant really believe #40 is a freshman, give him some time and ill bet he'll be getting some good offers.

On 12/9/2017 at 9:43 PM, OLEMAN said:

Hey guys.  All the teams are great now.  The top 4 in the State in each classification.  Not many common opponents to judge by.  The game must be played and the winner goes to the finals.  Good luck PG but the game has to played and won

PG is a very good team but who isn’t at this time of the season.  All teams are heroic for making this far.  The winner will be the one that plays their best game ever.  The players will have to reach for a level they have never reached befor and keep every play within the rules.  Silly mistakes and uncontrolled emotions can cost it all.  Get them hawks

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't think the team is. The fans may be. We all didn't take Melissa very seriously either, but the Hawks did. That Melissa QB was electrifying. Without him, Melissa had no chance. Some will say Melissa was not good, or undeserving, but it's all about match-ups, and PG matches up really well with the spread. They're literally built for it, in my opinion. Melissa had some stellar athletes, and speed that will get them some points this year in track. 

Razor

you are absolutely right. To many times I have seen these high flying offenses that are up against the Grove and thought.... "Man this could be tough for the Hawks" Time and time again the Hawks seem to put my nerves at ease! Sure they have given up a few big plays here and there but never enough times to lose the game! I am starting to feel a lot more positive about the spread against this Hawks D. There certainly has not been any other offensive scheme that has been effective enough to beat these Hawks. The way the Hawks run the wing T Graham is really going to have a hard time stopping them on offense as well. I have to admit that Graham offense looks deadly against the opponents they have played this year. Then again so did Gilmers, Melissa's, LE,  they all fell to the Grove. I think your on to something 🤔

6 hours ago, txk85 said:

Has PG #21 gotten any D1 offers yet? I see the GAC schools have been all over the PG seniors lately. There's been talent at PG for years glad to see some of these kids start to recognized. I still cant really believe #40 is a freshman, give him some time and ill bet he'll be getting some good offers.

Chauncey had a set back last year. That has some effect on the D1 offers. Trust me this kid has got his stuff together. He is worthy! Caleb Porchia is certainly worthy. Big Nick may be the best lineman in east Texas. They are all worthy of D1. TJ is also a candidate. As of right now Zay Benson remains the only D1 commit. 

The tell tale of the game for me will be how good Graham's d-line is. They have a monster on the d-line as well (#99). That's the only thing that kept Celina in the game, was a play maker on the d-line (Roach #45). 

Anyone, ANYONE, heard of someone video streaming this online yet??