4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

Just now saw the Graham highlights from Bushland game. Graham looked petty slow to me. Bushland looked really slow. I mean they were breaking wide receiver screens on Bushland. Bushland just didn't look good at all. DBs were terrible. I'm not as worried as I was now that I saw that film. NOOOOO WAY they are going to beat PG defense like that. Curious what were the scores from the Graham losses in the semi finals they have been to? Are they getting beat pretty sound in the Semis? Say what you will but that looked terrible. Missed tackles everywhere really sloppy and that team put up forty on Graham while turning it over three times? Any team can win any day but Graham sure as heck is not doing that to PG. Graham better seriously up its speed on both sides of the ball to even have a chance to beat PG. Looking at paper I was seriously concerned and maybe my brain is just moving in low gear today, but that was pathetic from Bushland just pathetic. I'm guessing most of those 40 points were garbage time. PG has seen a lot stiffer competition than this. Just watch the 5A teams they beat this year. Way faster than both Graham and Bushland. I'm not booking my ticket yet, but I feel much more confident after watching that fiasco!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Just now saw the Graham highlights from Bushland game. Graham looked petty slow to me. Bushland looked really slow. I mean they were breaking wide receiver screens on Bushland. Bushland just didn't look good at all. DBs were terrible. I'm not as worried as I was now that I saw that film. NOOOOO WAY they are going to beat PG defense like that. Curious what were the scores from the Graham losses in the semi finals they have been to? Are they getting beat pretty sound in the Semis? Say what you will but that looked terrible. Missed tackles everywhere really sloppy and that team put up forty on Graham while turning it over three times? Any team can win any day but Graham sure as heck is not doing that to PG. Graham better seriously up its speed on both sides of the ball to even have a chance to beat PG. Looking at paper I was seriously concerned and maybe my brain is just moving in low gear today, but that was pathetic from Bushland just pathetic. I'm guessing most of those 40 points were garbage time. PG has seen a lot stiffer competition than this. Just watch the 5A teams they beat this year. Way faster than both Graham and Bushland. I'm not booking my ticket yet, but I feel much more confident after watching that fiasco!

I feel the exact same way. After seeing Graham’s numbers on paper, I thought we were in for a tough tough battle. But after watching their quarterfinal game I feel 100% confident now. Hawk nation baby

17 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Chauncey had a set back last year. That has some effect on the D1 offers. Trust me this kid has got his stuff together. He is worthy! Caleb Porchia is certainly worthy. Big Nick may be the best lineman in east Texas. They are all worthy of D1. TJ is also a candidate. As of right now Zay Benson remains the only D1 commit. 

i saw were a bunch of them had recently been offered by harding, that should be a funnel right there for those types of offense.  with this early signing period about to happen maybe some d1 schools will start to look their way soon.

4 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I feel the exact same way. After seeing Graham’s numbers on paper, I thought we were in for a tough tough battle. But after watching their quarterfinal game I feel 100% confident now. Hawk nation babyI feel the exact same way. After seeing Graham’s numbers on paper, I thought we were in for a tough tough battle. But after watching their quarterfinal game I feel 100% confident now. Hawk nation baby

888, I hear you! The Bushland DBs played 10 yrds off the receivers and still got beat! And the graham QB could have built a fence around the backfield and homesteaded it. Im sure PG is seeing a lot better film than me. They have to be licking their chops! Throw that screen and slant against PG. There will be a much different result. Was #7 and 10 for Bushland starters or JV? They are SLOW!

8 minutes ago, txk85 said:

i saw were a bunch of them had recently been offered by harding, that should be a funnel right there for those types of offense.  with this early signing period about to happen maybe some d1 schools will start to look their way soon.

Yes Harding submitted offers to TJ, Chauncey, Caleb P. and Nick yesterday morning. I believe you are right.

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Must have to do with watching the film rather than seeing it live because PG’s speed didn’t impress me either if I am being honest. Very good team, but they didn’t look much faster than our skill kids

They got a good bit of stuff on YouTube. Game highlight type stuff. 

Slow yes. Good yes. 

888, I hear you! The Bushland DBs played 10 yrds off the receivers and still got beat! And the graham QB could have built a fence around the backfield and homesteaded it. Im sure PG is seeing a lot better film than me. They have to be licking their chops! Throw that screen and slant against PG. There will be a much different result. Was #7 and 10 for Bushland starters or JV? They are SLOW!

Your gonna be in for a rude awaking tomorrow watching Graham’s WR’s 

5 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Your gonna be in for a rude awaking tomorrow watching Graham’s WR’s 

And I think you’re gonna be in for a rude awakening when you see what our defense of backs can do.And I think you’re gonna be in for a rude awakening when you see what our defense of backs can do.

15 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

And I think you’re gonna be in for a rude awakening when you see what our defense of backs can do.And I think you’re gonna be in for a rude awakening when you see what our defense of backs can do.

I don’t think so at all, I can  tell you PG secondary will be the best we have seen all year, I do not think Graham will hang 50-60 on them like they do everyone else but they will put points on the board. I think this is gonna be hell of a game. IMO Graham will win because of execution and less mistakes not because of better athletes. 

2 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

I don’t think so at all, I can  tell you PG secondary will be the best we have seen all year, I do not think Graham will hang 50-60 on them like they do everyone else but they will put points on the board. I think this is gonna be hell of a game. IMO Graham will win because of execution and less mistakes not because of better athletes. 

Better athletes than who?

3 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Lol yeah I misread that. My bad 

See that’s some of the execution I am talking about, sometimes it comes down to the little things.... lol jk jk.

Best of luck to all you Hawk fans it’s been good few days talking football with you guys. Y’all have a safe trip to the city, and let’s hope both teams show up and play there best game of the year. May the best team win just hopefully it’s ours and not yours!!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

See that’s some of the execution I am talking about, sometimes it comes down to the little things.... lol jk jk.

Best of luck to all you Hawk fans it’s been good few days talking football with you guys. Y’all have a safe trip to the city, and let’s hope both teams show up and play there best game of the year. May the best team win just hopefully it’s ours and not yours!!

Thanks buddy!  You too