4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

For one,  we are the only team on the schedule that completely took away that little fly sweep they run with the wing,  and we got pressure on the QB and our secondary played disciplined for a change. Absolutely no one else has managed that. We also moved our D1 6'3 295 lb LT and 6'3 285 lb RT to defense to a company our 6'5 235 lb DE up front and it was enough to somewhat slow the inside game down. Was all for nothing though....our offense was no match for their defense. We threw for about 180 yards but might have had 10 yards on the ground. PG is a monster up front on defense. 

Cause Tatum is traditionally an athletic team with speed. I noticed PG has problems with covering the field. The middle of the field was wide opened all night. I think the part of Texas Graham comes from is traditionally not very good when they reach deep in the playoffs and have to play teams with speed. PG has in areas but they do have weaknesses as well in their secondary.

Unfortunately, I bought into the hype of Graham and thought this would be a good game, although though history should have taught me better.  Graham was not athletic, they were not fast, had some size, but really just had a bunch of boys who did play hard.  PG just had too much speed for Graham, and they ran the ball pretty much at will.  It really is hard to take away anything from this game other than PG is going to play for a state title, which is much deserved.  The Fox Southwest Football Friday message board is atrocious, but I can agree with a common theme that is floating around.  I truly believe if you put Graham in District 7 OR 8 of 4A DII, they never make the postseason.  Too early to discuss state outcomes, but East Texas is showing up big again. I love it!

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Question for you more impressive PG or Carthage. 

PG has a damn good football team, and I think they'll win the D-II Title next week. But if they played '17 Carthage 10 times, Carthage would win all 10... IMHO. And there ain't no shame in that.

2 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

PG has a damn good football team, and I think they'll win the D-II Title next week. But if they played '17 Carthage 10 times, Carthage would win all 10... IMHO. And there ain't no shame in that.

I highly doubt anyone in this room is going to concede to that.  I mean 10 times..lol. Carthage is its own beast, but PG plays a style of football that is a defensive coordinators nightmare. I think if they did play, PG would have a legit chance especially with them not being familiar with one another.  

PG congrats. I saw a team play some good ball even with some bad calls. Like ### on a few lol.. again those PG RBs are some downhill runners with massive yards after contact. That D for PG is bringing PG a State Championship next week. They made Graham’s QB move more than he has all year. 

PG fans were awesome as well with me sporting my Melissa shirt. Only one PG dad told me that all is Melissa losers should be on Graham’s side not PG. I will be there on th PG bandwagon again to say we lost round 4 to the State Champs.... 

15 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

After watching both teams in back to back weeks, I have a hard time believing that. Would be a fantastic match up.

4 minutes ago, CardinalsRedRed said:

PG congrats. I saw a team play some good ball even with some bad calls. Like ### on a few lol.. again those PG RBs are some downhill runners with massive yards after contact. That D for PG is bringing PG a State Championship next week. They made Graham’s QB move more than he has all year. 

PG fans were awesome as well with me sporting my Melissa shirt. Only one PG dad told me that all is Melissa losers should be on Graham’s side not PG. I will be there on th PG bandwagon again to say we lost round 4 to the State Champs.... 

One of their fans told you that? Classless

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CardinalsRedRed said:

What a tool!!   You should’ve reminded him that it only took Melissa 7 years of playing football to win their State Championship!

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

For one,  we are the only team on the schedule that completely took away that little fly sweep they run with the wing,  and we got pressure on the QB and our secondary played disciplined for a change. Absolutely no one else has managed that. We also moved our D1 6'3 295 lb LT and 6'3 285 lb RT to defense to a company our 6'5 235 lb DE up front and it was enough to somewhat slow the inside game down. Was all for nothing though....our offense was no match for their defense. We threw for about 180 yards but might have had 10 yards on the ground. PG is a monster up front on defense. 

Yeah Batmaker02 is back!! Been laying low on you guys... Now here go another Tatum Eagle talking bout a game that was a month ago. Stop utilizing PG for a forum to talk about a 3-7 Team. Whatever adjustments you talking bout y'all madd is garbage. We took y'all lightly cause of the record y'all had. Tatum woke up a sleeping giant. End of story! You really didn't do squat!!

• Like 1