4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

I love every opinion! But make sure you put it out there as your opinion ! LOL life would be really boring if every one agreed all of the time. Just for the record I never said PG had a bad game against Tatum I said Tatum played great! Also for the record It's my OPINION that a team is really good when other teams boast about only loosing to them by 2 touchdowns. FWIW

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

I love every opinion! But make sure you put it out there as your opinion ! LOL life would be really boring if every one agreed all of the time. Just for the record I never said PG had a bad game against Tatum I said Tatum played great! Also for the record It's my OPINION that a team is really good when other teams boast about only loosing to them by 2 touchdowns. FWIW

Now I know you’re lying because Tatum didn’t play great. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol......Really? Because they've never been a traditional powerhouse there's no way they can beat a team that has? Point and case, Melissa won a state title in 2011, their school opened their doors for the very first time 6 years prior. They had played football for only 6 years and won a state title....so with all due respect.....shush up Nancy.....cuz that don't mean jack. 

I did not read this whole thread.  Too busy.  4 funerals in 2 weeks etc.

Melissa had a football program many years ago.  I can stand up and recite the stories of their football games exactly they way they were told to me.  And I have some written accounts too all before 1920.  For example, in one game McKinney went to Melissa and the Melissa fans lined up all around them and treated them badly in which I have details.  I really should record the stories I was told that are so old for HS football.

Earlier this year I was in Graham and even trained at their stadium and ran the course around their HS.  The game against PG went about like I thought it would with PG winning by a few TDs.  Really great job by PG.

12 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Right' composure was starting to go out of the window.. The unsportsmanlike and the personal that were both enforced On the steers and then the Facemask it was coming undone for the steers. 

99 was extremely frustrated by the Hawks line. I mean watching that big of a player getting pancaked ..... That Hawks line is incredible!

7 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Also for the record It's my OPINION that a team is really good when other teams boast about only loosing to them by 2 touchdowns. FWIW

Yep....feels good to be the one it's said towards instead of being the one saying it for so long huh? lol

7 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Eww....man, that's trash. Gonna get somebody hurt bad. I'd run him til he couldn't stand if I was their coach.

IfI were a Coach with standards, I'd run him off the field and team. 

Bad example of tolerance.

2 hours ago, futfan said:

IfI were a Coach with standards, I'd run him off the field and team. 

Bad example of tolerance.

I wouldn't kick him off the team if it was the first time. He'd hate life after school for a week though. But if he kept it up, gone for sure.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:05 PM, Aggie98 said:

PG has a damn good football team, and I think they'll win the D-II Title next week. But if they played '17 Carthage 10 times, Carthage would win all 10... IMHO. And there ain't no shame in that.

I promised LoboFan07 I would revisit this statement after both teams finished their business in Arlington. And after seeing both of them play near perfect football games today.... I stiill think if they played each other 10 times Carthage would win 10 times.

4 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I promised LoboFan07 I would revisit this statement after both teams finished their business in Arlington. And after seeing both of them play near perfect football games today.... I think if they played each other 10 times Carthage would win 10 times.

But you can only speculate. 

I don’t agree. But that don’t matter. We each got rings. 

• 5 months later...
On 12/9/2017 at 8:59 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

Just watching a little film on the Graham/Bushland game this morning, and it's really hard to tell what to expect, because what Graham did to Bushland, they won't do to PG. Graham was constantly behind the Bushland secondary, and that won't happen against PG. Graham will have to run perfect routes to beat PG, and have excellent timing. Streaks down the sideline won't cut it, Graham doesn't have the speed for that. Graham's o-line will see the best front 7 they've seen all year as well. I expect their QB to be under pressure all night, like very other QB PG has faced this season.

Graham has beat some very good teams. Stephenville, Hirschi, Brownwood is never a joke. They can get some stuff done. Even still, I don't think they've seen a fundamentally sound football team as the Pleasant Grove Hawks. As I told RedRed, it's hard for me as an Atlanta fan to say that. We've always had beef with PG. That being said, I don't think Graham will be successful in stopping them. Graham doesn't have (at least in the 3 games of film I've seen) an instant impact maker on the defensive line to stop PG's ground game, or at least to force it to be more creative.

The PG team I saw last night was complete. Couple of mishaps, but no turnovers. Each player did his job. I only really saw 1 terrible defensive breakdown, and the PG defensive line covered it up. They made a very dynamic and fast Melissa team look like they did every other team they've played this year. QB was running for his life all night, absolutely no running room, coverage was exceptional. That's what I mentioned last week about PG making speed irrelevant. They are extremely solid. Last night could have easily been 55+ to 0. It was that one-sided. 

Good luck to both teams. Pulling for our D7 champs all the way! 

If anyone sees or hears of a place to stream this game online, let me know! Surely there will be someone charging a fee to stream it. 

Great post

On 12/9/2017 at 10:16 AM, Hawkguy888 said:

On 12/9/2017 at 10:13 AM, Steerman88 said:

Graham’s QB will not beat you with his feet, he’s a very smart and well coached kid calls about half of his own plays to get the tempo up and IMO is the best QB in 4A reading the D he will change a lot of plays at the line, PG will need to put pressure on him and keep him out of sync or he will pick you apart.

Ok. We can. And most likely will. 

IMG_2532.JPG

On 12/14/2017 at 7:25 AM, chukslegacy said:

How you figure? I sure as heck didn't see them in the title game last year or the year before that. Heck don't think I have even seen them or heard of them before that. Its almost humorous to have someone say they are the Best team in 4A DII when they haven't even been competing for the title until this year. Cinderella story for sure but the wicked witch from the southeast will have something to say about that.

lol

On 12/14/2017 at 12:19 PM, chukslegacy said:

PG hasn't played anyone yet to speak of! I can't wait to see what happens tonight but just for kicks and giggles I hope PG can get passed Graham so WOS can show what a true Champion looks like and plays like. Your cracking me up with this elite program you all mustard up this year. It laughable but entertaining to say the least!

lol

Oh...yeah....PG won state.