4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, 1utexfan said:

Next game is 7 o'clock Thursday Frisco Texas 

Was really looking forward to hosting this game next Friday night in Royse City.  But I saw this Frisco post and was wondering if that is official?  I suppose it is at The Star, but it could be elsewhere.  Any powers to be, want a really halfway point, I believe Royse City is open any day you want.  But if not, that's cool too!  Good Luck to both teams!

6 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Highlights and videos. Just looked at them to see how other teams moved the ball and how they move the ball. Also I no a couple people that went to the Bushland game that's seen PG and said Graham matches up better then Melissa but still don't match up great.

At least it’s a short week then we will find out,  both teams have had a great season I believe the winner of this game is the state champ!

2 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

At least it’s a short week then we will find out,  both teams have had a great season I believe the winner of this game is the state champ!

Just remember there’s a team down south that ain’t been beat in years. 

• Like 1

Just watching a little film on the Graham/Bushland game this morning, and it's really hard to tell what to expect, because what Graham did to Bushland, they won't do to PG. Graham was constantly behind the Bushland secondary, and that won't happen against PG. Graham will have to run perfect routes to beat PG, and have excellent timing. Streaks down the sideline won't cut it, Graham doesn't have the speed for that. Graham's o-line will see the best front 7 they've seen all year as well. I expect their QB to be under pressure all night, like very other QB PG has faced this season.

Graham has beat some very good teams. Stephenville, Hirschi, Brownwood is never a joke. They can get some stuff done. Even still, I don't think they've seen a fundamentally sound football team as the Pleasant Grove Hawks. As I told RedRed, it's hard for me as an Atlanta fan to say that. We've always had beef with PG. That being said, I don't think Graham will be successful in stopping them. Graham doesn't have (at least in the 3 games of film I've seen) an instant impact maker on the defensive line to stop PG's ground game, or at least to force it to be more creative.

The PG team I saw last night was complete. Couple of mishaps, but no turnovers. Each player did his job. I only really saw 1 terrible defensive breakdown, and the PG defensive line covered it up. They made a very dynamic and fast Melissa team look like they did every other team they've played this year. QB was running for his life all night, absolutely no running room, coverage was exceptional. That's what I mentioned last week about PG making speed irrelevant. They are extremely solid. Last night could have easily been 55+ to 0. It was that one-sided. 

Good luck to both teams. Pulling for our D7 champs all the way! 

If anyone sees or hears of a place to stream this game online, let me know! Surely there will be someone charging a fee to stream it. 

• Like 1

IF FACTS MATTER ANY MORE ON THIS VENUE .................

GRAHAM .... 

OFFENSE:

Points per game: 53.6

Yards per game: 497.1

Rushing per game: 199.37

Passing per game: 297.4

Leaders:

Passing - #7 (Sr) 4018yds on 24 ave att per game … TD/Int ratio: 53/5 (6'-1" 193 lbs) - non-dual threat from rushing totals

Rushing - #2 (Jr) 1942yds for 8.6 yd ave … 16 carries per game ave … 30TD rushing (33 total) (6-0 190)

Recieving:

#3 (Sr) 61 receptions for 1,113 yds and 17TD … 18 yds per catch average (5-8 150)

#9 (Sr) 53 receptions for 931 yds and 6TD … 17 yds per catch average (5-7 155)

DEFENSE:

Points per game allowed: 19.5

Leaders:

#4 ... 115 tackles (FS -5-11 165) 

#8 ... 114 tackles (LB - 5-11 205)

#17 ... 9 sacks (DL - 6-3 200)

Season Turnover Margin: +11

facts.jpg

38 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Duh.  They have to beat the best before they can be the best! WOS rolls on to their 3 rd championship again!

15 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Just watching a little film on the Graham/Bushland game this morning, and it's really hard to tell what to expect, because what Graham did to Bushland, they won't do to PG. Graham was constantly behind the Bushland secondary, and that won't happen against PG. Graham will have to run perfect routes to beat PG, and have excellent timing. Streaks down the sideline won't cut it, Graham doesn't have the speed for that. Graham's o-line will see the best front 7 they've seen all year as well. I expect their QB to be under pressure all night, like very other QB PG has faced this season.

Graham has beat some very good teams. Stephenville, Hirschi, Brownwood is never a joke. They can get some stuff done. Even still, I don't think they've seen a fundamentally sound football team as the Pleasant Grove Hawks. As I told RedRed, it's hard for me as an Atlanta fan to say that. We've always had beef with PG. That being said, I don't think Graham will be successful in stopping them. Graham doesn't have (at least in the 3 games of film I've seen) an instant impact maker on the defensive line to stop PG's ground game, or at least to force it to be more creative.

The PG team I saw last night was complete. Couple of mishaps, but no turnovers. Each player did his job. I only really saw 1 terrible defensive breakdown, and the PG defensive line covered it up. They made a very dynamic and fast Melissa team look like they did every other team they've played this year. QB was running for his life all night, absolutely no running room, coverage was exceptional. That's what I mentioned last week about PG making speed irrelevant. They are extremely solid. Last night could have easily been 55+ to 0. It was that one-sided. 

Good luck to both teams. Pulling for our D7 champs all the way! 

If anyone sees or hears of a place to stream this game online, let me know! Surely there will be someone charging a fee to stream it. 

Graham may not complete a pass Thursday, but you don’t have to have burners to be good pass catchers and also to be able to go deep. 

Carthage has one of the best passing games in 4A, and none of their top 3 receivers are burners. 

7 minutes ago, DOB said:

IF FACTS MATTER ANY MORE ON THIS VENUE .................

GRAHAM .... 

OFFENSE:

Points per game: 53.6

Yards per game: 497.1

Rushing per game: 199.37

Passing per game: 297.4

Leaders:

Passing - #7 (Sr) 4018yds on 24 ave att per game … TD/Int ratio: 53/5

Rushing - #2 (Jr) 1942yds for 8.6 yd ave … 16 carries per game ave … 30TD rushing (33 total)

Recieving:

#3 (Sr) 61 receptions for 1,113 yds and 17TD … 18 yds per catch average

#9 (Sr) 53 receptions for 931 yds and 6TD … 17 yds per catch average

DEFENSE:

Points per game allowed: 19.5

Leaders:

#4 ... 115 tackles

#8 ... 114 tackles

#17 ... 9 sacks

Season Turnover Margin: +11

facts.jpg

Nice resume for sure. Gonna be a good one.

1 minute ago, chukslegacy said:

Duh.  They have to beat the best before they can be the best! WOS rolls on to their 3 rd championship again!

Who said WOS was the best this year?  Last year, yes. They ain’t the best this year. Them Hawks been making statements man. Taking people out of their game plans. QB’s have no time to get comfortable in the pocket. WR are blanketed. Running backs getting next to nothing. And PG offense is fast, physical and relentless. They can run and throw. Ask Melissa 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

It's time to be an asshat and get away with it. 

true words about several on this forum..

7pm Thursday at the Star is game time/date..at least my old butt will not freeze in the cold next game... dont think I thawed out until about Annona

2 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Who said WOS was the best this year?  Last year, yes. They ain’t the best this year. Them Hawks been making statements man. Taking people out of their game plans. QB’s have no time to get comfortable in the pocket. WR are blanketed. Running backs getting next to nothing. And PG offense is fast, physical and relentless. They can run and throw. Ask Melissa 

Ok jimmy the Greek. We will see. !