4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

35 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Just watching a little film on the Graham/Bushland game this morning, and it's really hard to tell what to expect, because what Graham did to Bushland, they won't do to PG. Graham was constantly behind the Bushland secondary, and that won't happen against PG. Graham will have to run perfect routes to beat PG, and have excellent timing. Streaks down the sideline won't cut it, Graham doesn't have the speed for that. Graham's o-line will see the best front 7 they've seen all year as well. I expect their QB to be under pressure all night, like very other QB PG has faced this season.

Graham has beat some very good teams. Stephenville, Hirschi, Brownwood is never a joke. They can get some stuff done. Even still, I don't think they've seen a fundamentally sound football team as the Pleasant Grove Hawks. As I told RedRed, it's hard for me as an Atlanta fan to say that. We've always had beef with PG. That being said, I don't think Graham will be successful in stopping them. Graham doesn't have (at least in the 3 games of film I've seen) an instant impact maker on the defensive line to stop PG's ground game, or at least to force it to be more creative.

The PG team I saw last night was complete. Couple of mishaps, but no turnovers. Each player did his job. I only really saw 1 terrible defensive breakdown, and the PG defensive line covered it up. They made a very dynamic and fast Melissa team look like they did every other team they've played this year. QB was running for his life all night, absolutely no running room, coverage was exceptional. That's what I mentioned last week about PG making speed irrelevant. They are extremely solid. Last night could have easily been 55+ to 0. It was that one-sided. 

Good luck to both teams. Pulling for our D7 champs all the way! 

If anyone sees or hears of a place to stream this game online, let me know! Surely there will be someone charging a fee to stream it. 

ESPN Texarkana. Download FREED AM Sports app. I’ve used it a bunch and it works great. 

12 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Graham may not complete a pass Thursday, but you don’t have to have burners to be good pass catchers and also to be able to go deep. 

Carthage has one of the best passing games in 4A, and none of their top 3 receivers are burners. 

I believe you and me are in agreement? I said Graham doesn't have the speed to run streaks down the sidelines. They will have to run great routes and have excellent timing. 

12 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

If Graham doesn't have big dominating lines full of big corn fed white boys (like Argyle teams of recent past) I don't think they'll have much of a chance.

Maxpreps says one OL is 4'0" and 330..........That is what you call a broad base.......LOL

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I believe you and me are in agreement? I said Graham doesn't have the speed to run streaks down the sidelines. They will have to run great routes and have excellent timing. 

Graham does not have a lot of size at WR but one thing they do have is speed and a lot of it. Graham’s passing attack is very good and they have one the top QBs in the state,  they can beat you deep or move the chains down the field few yards at a time. I will say this PG will be difficult to move the ball on there D is solid with great athletes all over. Graham put up almost a 1,000 of offesne last night they can and will score the ball.

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm talking about video stream. Usually for games like this, they will have a video stream going. 

Not to butt in here ... but can you close the gate up there ...

I'm getting tired of this North wind down here ....

8 minutes ago, DOB said:

Not to butt in here ... but can you close the gate up there ...

I'm getting tired of this North wind down here ....

Oh how I wish I could. Just imagine what it felt like in Paris yesterday. I was giving a play by play on the FSSW app, so my fingers were gone early in the 1st quarter lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

Graham does not have a lot of size at WR but one thing they do have is speed and a lot of it. Graham’s passing attack is very good and they have one the top QBs in the state,  they can beat you deep or move the chains down the field few yards at a time. I will say this PG will be difficult to move the ball on there D is solid with great athletes all over. Graham put up almost a 1,000 of offesne last night they can and will score the ball.

All the credit to Graham but Bushland's defense looked atrocious. Be it that Graham was that good, or whatever, but every time Graham got the ball it seemed it was a 90 yard run or a 90 yard pass. Bushland just seemed to let Graham run right by them. 

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Oh how I wish I could. Just imagine what it felt like in Paris yesterday. I was giving a play by play on the FSSW app, so my fingers were gone early in the 1st quarter lol. 

Ever figure out what the smell was?

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

All the credit to Graham but Bushland's defense looked atrocious. Be it that Graham was that good, or whatever, but every time Graham got the ball it seemed it was a 90 yard run or a 90 yard pass. Bushland just seemed to let Graham run right by them. 

It’s honestly looked that way pretty much every game. Graham wants to score fast and often as possible they will take shots all night if PG can stop those shots only time will tell!

11 hours ago, bluetopper said:

What do we know about Graham? I know they beat Stephenville like a drum and they're undefeated.

No sir. That game was without Sville’s RB for 3 Qtrs and QB Jones’s second game back on the season. Game was a lot closer than the score reflects. I will touch on Graham a bit. The beat Graham, PG will need to have defense and an offense hat is balanced with pass and run. Defensively, a team needs excellent OL and DL play, LB’s that are intelligent and have a nose for the ball, and a secondary that can cover like white on rice. Any weakness on defense, Graham will exploit. They are the team to beat in 4A D2. PG needs to have their best game of the season to beat them. And I know some will say, yea yea yea, we’ve heard that before. I’m hear to tell you, I’ve watched Graham football for several years now, this is their best team to date. Super fast in all skill positions and big on the OL/DL. The key, execution and descipline. Their offense executes at such a high rate of speed, it leaves defense guessing. Good luck

9 minutes ago, Steerman88 said:

It’s honestly looked that way pretty much every game. Graham wants to score fast and often as possible they will take shots all night if PG can stop those shots only time will tell!

Hard for me to believe Graham is faster than Melissa, and I know they're not faster than Atlanta. Both were non-factors. Melissa took shots down the field constantly, but coverage was just great.