4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

On 12/9/2017 at 12:03 PM, PGDad said:

Rbs don't usually get to our secondary. Our D line is quick, smart, strong, experienced, and eat RBs up the middle all day. Our LBs make a lot of tackles at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield. 2,000 yards Rbs from your region wouldn't get a grand in east Texas.

Yeah, we remember you guys at that Tournament. 

Poppy and Dee from LE and that QB from SH was pretty good. 

Yup, all those backers have flak cannons for arms.

I've watched all of Graham's highlight videos and they most definitely have some kids that can play. Unfortunately, when I watch those games, I just don't see PG letting 90% of those plays happen.

We don't let people score. There has not been one easy touchdown scored against us all year. Graham doesn't have much size and I see our defense doing what they do. Blanketing folks and rolling over people at every level of the field. The QB will have no time to pass, the safeties and corners will paint the WRs any color they want, the LBs will be in your face and causing trouble all night, and the D line will have no problem shedding blocks and making tackles.

Offensively, it's the same thing. Your D line doesn't have the size, speed, or the scheme to handle the Hawks perfect execution of our Wing-T. 21 made a statement last week with that powerful stiff arm, last night he did it twice in a row on the same play. That's gotta be the best stiff arm of the year, can't wait to see the highlight. We are focused and will play better every week. They played pretty perfect last night. WRs got open easily, the running game couldn't be stopped, we ran several different backs with success. Good to see 22 getting back in form.  The linemen...pancakes...The Hawks line can feed ya'll  more pancakes than IHOP. 

I think the Hawks take this one by 4 TDs or more. Graham wouldn't have made it out of our District.

Man, this guy is a genius.

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Wondering how they are going to do this year. I know they play us week 2 @ PG. What the stadium like ? I know they play Carthage too so that will be interesting. Both won't as good but still will be entertaining. 

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think we lost any coaches so the best defensive scheme in Texas will still be in place but with different players. The offense is being led by state champion QB Ben Harmon and I'm sure we will have some tricks up our sleeve. 

Nice stadium in a bowl...just can't see it from the road...

I think we will be a tough team to beat this year. Gonna make a deep playoff run but give them this year to grow. Year after next...maybe another state championship:)

5 minutes ago, PGDad said:

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think we lost any coaches so the best defensive scheme in Texas will still be in place but with different players. The offense is being led by state champion QB Ben Harmon and I'm sure we will have some tricks up our sleeve. 

Nice stadium in a bowl...just can't see it from the road...

I think we will be a tough team to beat this year. Gonna make a deep playoff run but give them this year to grow. Year after next...maybe another state championship:)

Looking forward to our defacto 2017 4A championship showdown on Oct 5th 2018.  I know it will be 10 months later and some of the faces will be different but it’s the closest we will get.

9 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Oh ok thanks. I was under the impression y'all lost a lot . Good test for us in between 5a teams ( Whitehouse & Jax) along with Center and Rusk. I don't expect to go unscathed but like the schedule. Henderson returns a lot but gotta replace the QB .

pg lost quite a bit but they do have some nice pieces coming back. that was a special senior class that just graduated and it will be tough to replace them. im not sure what all starters or key players are returning but DE Jackson, QB Harmon and RB Garrett were all big time contributors to last years team and will be back next season.

14 hours ago, txk85 said:

pg lost quite a bit but they do have some nice pieces coming back. that was a special senior class that just graduated and it will be tough to replace them. im not sure what all starters or key players are returning but DE Jackson, QB Harmon and RB Garrett were all big time contributors to last years team and will be back next season.

Plenty of skill positions return including guys who were either starters or major contributors.  Defense should still be really good.  Big question mark is offensive line.  Oline returns a senior guard (Bingham) who was a starter and a junior tackle (Stanfill) who got a lot of reps last season.  The line will have talent but will be young and lack experience.  Will have to grow up fast.  Will have to stay healthy at many positions because we won't be as deep as we were last year.

Schedule is brutal.  It will force us to grow up fast but major risk of injury.  If we survive that, we should definitely be a playoff team and probably battle for the District Championship. Once you hit the playoffs, anything can happen.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Who won 4A DII ?

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Some PG fans brought it back from the dead.

Nah, look again. We just keep it going:)

21 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Looking forward to our defacto 2017 4A championship showdown on Oct 5th 2018.  I know it will be 10 months later and some of the faces will be different but it’s the closest we will get.

Yeah, I watched ya'lls game and thought that ya'll might make an exciting game. Would have been great to see us take another one out.

No doubt we lost a bunch of talented players but football is football and its the next man up. I read over and over that we couldn't beat WoS because they have a winning tradition. Now it's these young men's turn to continue our tradition. Lot's of talent on this team and think we will surprise a lot of people in certain areas. I think the line is going to be the hardest part but I have heard that these young linemen have the potential to be better than last years amazing line...That's a pretty bold statement but if it's half true, we will be fine once these guys get battle hardened. I think this year we learn what we can and can't do and by district time we will have it figured out. 

11 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Nah, look again. We just keep it going:)

Yeah, I watched ya'lls game and thought that ya'll might make an exciting game. Would have been great to see us take another one out.

No doubt we lost a bunch of talented players but football is football and its the next man up. I read over and over that we couldn't beat WoS because they have a winning tradition. Now it's these young men's turn to continue our tradition. Lot's of talent on this team and think we will surprise a lot of people in certain areas. I think the line is going to be the hardest part but I have heard that these young linemen have the potential to be better than last years amazing line...That's a pretty bold statement but if it's half true, we will be fine once these guys get battle hardened. I think this year we learn what we can and can't do and by district time we will have it figured out. 

Obviously we lost a lot too but both teams will still have talented players with a ring (or two) and know what it takes to win at the highest levels.