4A Div 2 Semifinal Pleasant Grove vs Graham

orangethunder1

Semi final in Frisco Star  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to the Final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/16/2017 at 12:30 AM

41 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

You really think so? I thought Melissa was lucky to get the 14 they got. The first TD came off a PI that was just simple double coverage, and the second came off a prayer throw to the 5 yard line, and the ball rolled out of his hands when he hit the ground. Ask Dez if THAT was a catch.

uIL rules do not require the same standard of holding the ball all the way through the catch like the NFL, thats all I can figure, they gave him the catch.

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

You really think so? I thought Melissa was lucky to get the 14 they got. The first TD came off a PI that was just simple double coverage, and the second came off a prayer throw to the 5 yard line, and the ball rolled out of his hands when he hit the ground. Ask Dez if THAT was a catch.

Tbh I think Melissa would give Graham a good game. Don't think Graham can hang with PG without a crazy good defense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Tbh I think Melissa would give Graham a good game. Don't think Graham can hang with PG without a crazy good defense.

Melissa isn’t a bad team by any means. We just flat out didn’t match up with PG at all. 3-4 defense against a stacked heavy line offense running a wing-t is just not gonna cut it. And as I said earlier, if your gonna have a chance against PG defense running the spread, your O line better be able to hold up and your gonna have to get rid of the ball quick with some two step drop releases on short timed routes. PG is strong and they are the real deal folks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Melissa isn’t a bad team by any means. We just flat out didn’t match up with PG at all. 3-4 defense against a stacked heavy line offense running a wing-t is just not gonna cut it. And as I said earlier, if your gonna have a chance against PG defense running the spread, your O line better be able to hold up and your gonna have to get rid of the ball quick with some two step drop releases on short timed routes. PG is strong and they are the real deal folks!

They also trust their corners man on man and blitz from every direction. PG linebackers are smart and diciplined. It’ll take the long ball to beat them. Not 5-8 yd slants. Not with the D Line pg has. They are tall, fast and athletic. 

31 minutes ago, orangethunder1 said:

Graham always looks good until they run into East Texas and there athletes.West Texas just not as good

Hey guys.  All the teams are great now.  The top 4 in the State in each classification.  Not many common opponents to judge by.  The game must be played and the winner goes to the finals.  Good luck PG but the game has to played and won

• Like 1

10 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yes I do, but notice I said a LITTLE closer, like Melissa loses by 4-5 TDs instead of 6. In the series when the Cards had 1st and goal at the 3 and got stuffed 4 plays if #5 playing I think he punches it in. He was a 2-way all-district impact player that came in having rushed for 1,350 yards and 19 TDs, including 9 TDs in the 3 playoff wins. You can't lose a player of that caliber in 4A ball where there is not that much depth and not have negative effect. 

With my ramblings said anybody who was at the game knows PG dominated the line play and Melissa had no chance. PG doesn't really have any superstar players that blow you away, just a whole bunch of really good, smart football players that are on a mission. They just really don't have any weaknesses and #4 is valuable beyond words in that offense.

I am probably more familiar with Graham in the past than anybody on Smoaky as I have seen them in person 3 times against Argyle in the past 5 years. They are a bunch of big ol country boys that are very physical and make few mistakes, but PG just too much for them. I got the Hawks by 18-23 points. If I thought this game would be closer I'd make the trip to Frisco to watch, because I know it won't be cold and smell like cow #### inside the Star.

16 minutes ago, Texski said:

Yes I do, but notice I said a LITTLE closer, like Melissa loses by 4-5 TDs instead of 6. In the series when the Cards had 1st and goal at the 3 and got stuffed 4 plays if #5 playing I think he punches it in. He was a 2-way all-district impact player that came in having rushed for 1,350 yards and 19 TDs, including 9 TDs in the 3 playoff wins. You can't lose a player of that caliber in 4A ball where there is not that much depth and not have negative effect. 

With my ramblings said anybody who was at the game knows PG dominated the line play and Melissa had no chance. PG doesn't really have any superstar players that blow you away, just a whole bunch of really good, smart football players that are on a mission. They just really don't have any weaknesses and #4 is valuable beyond words in that offense.

I am probably more familiar with Graham in the past than anybody on Smoaky as I have seen them in person 3 times against Argyle in the past 5 years. They are a bunch of big ol country boys that are very physical and make few mistakes, but PG just too much for them. I got the Hawks by 18-23 points. If I thought this game would be closer I'd make the trip to Frisco to watch, because I know it won't be cold and smell like cow #### inside the Star.

The wind was out of the NE. Probably the Valiant paper mill

If I was the coach ... pondering what I would tell my kids tomorrow ...

Ignore the distractions ... and the outside hype ... Stay focused on the job at hand ...

Understand that Graham could care less what happened between you and Melissa ...

With the exception of the learning process, last week means nothing compared to this week ...

And the road to success always leads uphill ....

hawking.jpg

• Like 1

One thing I’ve noticed about Graham through the years.  They seem to dictate the pace of the game.  When playing these high flying east Texas speed teams they find ways to slow the game down, eat clock and get them out of their comfort zone.  It hasn’t always worked, but they have managed to compete in close games with them.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t a 14-12 type game

42 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

One thing I’ve noticed about Graham through the years.  They seem to dictate the pace of the game.  When playing these high flying east Texas speed teams they find ways to slow the game down, eat clock and get them out of their comfort zone.  It hasn’t always worked, but they have managed to compete in close games with them.  I wouldn’t be surprised if this isn’t a 14-12 type game

That’s true in the past but I can promise you this team isn’t going to slow the clock down they are fine getting into a shoot out!

58 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

We have done the same in the past and it works against high flying speed teams but that's not what we are. The Hawks are well balanced and use a variety of tactics on both offense and defense to leave their opponents confused and staggered. The Hawks are playing chess, if Graham can too, it will be close, but from what I've seen they are still playing checkers. 

7 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

This has to be the dumbest comment ever!

Nah, I read a few things and seen a few simulators. We usually are the underdog by 3-7 points. So, I figure if we play them five times we win two. Carthage is a great team with an awesome coaching staff and talent everywhere, I'm sure we could hang but that's just fun and silly stuff to talk about.

57 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Graham beats PG and ends all this talk about PG being the best without playing the best!

Since the best is West Orange Stark, nobody up here has. PG has, however, beaten all previous "Best" teams in our path. Every week it is the same, but each week, we have "beaten the man."

• Like 1