2A-D1 State-Semis: Refugio (12-1) vs San Augustine (14-0)

LPack

Who Yall Got  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who Yall Got

• San Augustine Wolves
    • Refugio Bobcats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2017 at 01:00 AM

What it means is that some folks like SA and some folks like Refugio.  What seems to be forgotten, is it doesn't matter who we pick or who they pick.  There are some high school boys that will decided the outcome of this game this evening.  All these picks don't mean anything and won't play any part in the outcome of the game tonight.  Safe travels to everyone going to the game!!

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:30 AM, Tiger1995 said:

this you and I 100 % agree on! Most classless coach in the history of football!!!!

Interesting that so many east Texans are holding on to the hate for Refugio's Coach.  Any of you ever transformed yourself or changed over the course of your life?  The man did what he thought was best for his team in the course of trying to find the mix that would take his team to a championship and like it or not, it worked.  Also, if you've been following Refugio for the past several years (as I have from quite a distance I might add), the dude has changed considerably.  He is still passionate and you'll see him wailing on the refs, but he may not be the same person you've been holding on to the hate for so many years.  Get over it.  Life's too short to hold on to dislike for so long. Also, he is quickly moving up the list of winningest Texas High School coaches and if he chooses to coach to a normal retirement age, he'll almost certainly overtake Calallen's coach as the all time most successful coach.

3 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Interesting that so many east Texans are holding on to the hate for Refugio's Coach.  Any of you ever transformed yourself or changed over the course of your life?  The man did what he thought was best for his team in the course of trying to find the mix that would take his team to a championship and like it or not, it worked.  Also, if you've been following Refugio for the past several years (as I have from quite a distance I might add), the dude has changed considerably.  He is still passionate and you'll see him wailing on the refs, but he may not be the same person you've been holding on to the hate for so many years.  Get over it.  Life's too short to hold on to dislike for so long. 

Has he?  He would run the score up on the Crippled Sisters Orphanage if he had the chance ....

Name one team over the last 4 years since Refugio has been put into a competitive district that he has run the score up on? Look for threads over the last 4 years to prove it. They beat Kenedy 78-0 this year but was up by over 50 at half. All starters were pulled and 2nd stringers played. Kenedy might have been the worse team in the state this year.

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Has he?  He would run the score up on the Crippled Sisters Orphanage if he had the chance ....

There you go with a classic example of being blinded by the past.  So much hate in East Texas coming out on this string.  Guess it has changed a lot since I lived in Nacogdoches in the early 2000s.  I remember folks being kind-hearted and forgiving.  Guess 8 years of Obama can do a lot to change even the lovely people of East Texas.  

I wasn't planning to make it to this game, but now I've decided to close up shop early today and head to Houston.  Think I'll sit on the San Augustine side so I can do some checking out to see if this is as bad as it seems to be.

8 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Name one team over the last 4 years since Refugio has been put into a competitive district that he has run the score up on? Look for threads over the last 4 years to prove it. They beat Kenedy 78-0 this year but was up by over 50 at half. All starters were pulled and 2nd stringers played. Kenedy might have been the worse team in the state this year.

I think you might as well save your breath.  Apparently it takes too long for news to make its way into those deep piney woods. "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."  They're not going to take the time to check out the facts.  Seems there is just too much "fake news" going on over there regarding Refugio and Herring.  They are still living in the past and probably been influenced a lot by the beat down Refugio put on their Waskom neighbors.  While the score wasn't 90-0 on the scoreboard, everyone knew it was an absolute schooling in how to play football, and the education was given to a bunch of fans who thought they had a great team.  

Can we just get back to the game at hand?  I thought this was about a bunch of high school kids trying to fulfill a dream of winning a state championship.  Not a game for grown men to beat their chest and say things that are being said.  Grow up...it's ok to talk a little smack, I can do it with the best of them, but it's nothing personal and l laugh when someone replies thinking my panties are in a wad because I find it humorous.  It's kind of like telling your momma jokes to me...it's all in good fun!!!  I mean yall are kind of like don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up.   

17 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Where's Wolfman, he knows I like to give y'all a hard time....really should be a good game, I don't   Think SA has seen the level of talent that Refugio has this year.... we shall see tonight!

I'm having to fill in for Wolfman this week...he got a little carried away on another thread and can't type this week if you catch my drift lol.  I enjoy the smack talk and will give it right back and it's all in good fun

28 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

I'm having to fill in for Wolfman this week...he got a little carried away on another thread and can't type this week if you catch my drift lol.  I enjoy the smack talk and will give it right back and it's all in good fun

That'll happen from time to time.... maybe he will have something to talk about next week.....

54 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Interesting that so many east Texans are holding on to the hate for Refugio's Coach.  Any of you ever transformed yourself or changed over the course of your life?  The man did what he thought was best for his team in the course of trying to find the mix that would take his team to a championship and like it or not, it worked.  Also, if you've been following Refugio for the past several years (as I have from quite a distance I might add), the dude has changed considerably.  He is still passionate and you'll see him wailing on the refs, but he may not be the same person you've been holding on to the hate for so many years.  Get over it.  Life's too short to hold on to dislike for so long. Also, he is quickly moving up the list of winningest Texas High School coaches and if he chooses to coach to a normal retirement age, he'll almost certainly overtake Calallen's coach as the all time most successful coach.

Meh....he's still on the low list in my book. But Karma will come around to him eventually. In one way or another.

Karma? The man and town just survived a hurricane and one of their best kids broke 2 vertebrae in his neck and had a 8 percent chance of walking. Also he has lost 2 state titles in the last 5 years by an average margin over 30. What more karma do you want him and the community to endure?

2 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Karma? The man and town just survived a hurricane and one of their best kids broke 2 vertebrae in his neck and had a 8 percent chance of walking. Also he has lost 2 state titles in the last 5 years by an average margin over 30. What more karma do you want him and the community to endure?

Wooderain just so you know Tiger1995 is from ARP not SA. We in no way wish bad on Refugio. I for one have friends there and it’s been fun chatting with them all week

12 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

Wooderain just so you know Tiger1995 is from ARP not SA. We in no way wish bad on Refugio. I for one have friends there and it’s been fun chatting with them all week

Sure you do....don't lie.....You want an 84-0 ### whooping

http://www.ktre.com/story/37044574/san-augutsine-wolves-draw-inspiration-from-2003-title-when-preparing-for-thursdays-state-semifinal

It's game day! Two offensive juggernauts going head to head. Expecting some big plays from both teams that bring explosive players. SA is going to have to win their battles on the outside and catch everything against some smaller DB's. Refugio is stout throughout the front 7 & they have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 2 years. We all know what KJ brings to the table but he is gunna have to turn it up another notch. Murr is gunna have to hurt the defense with his legs as well. Refugio's big hoss is a D1 nose tackle that tweaked an ankle last week but he has manhandled every Center/Guard he has went up against. Refugio's QB has a cannon but he is young & I have seen him throw some dangerous balls and struggle early on. If SA can get a pick early & force some mistakes than they will be able to jump on Refugio and force them to do something they don't do often, play from behind. All in all I think SA pulls out a gutsy upset.

SA - 38

Refugio - 35

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 1.15.30 PM.png

3 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Oh lord.....get out of here with that....geez...non of that has anything to do with character

The problem is, you don't appear to know anything more about character than you do about Arp football.  How many championships were they supposed to have won by now according to JJ?

1 hour ago, LPack said:

http://www.ktre.com/story/37044574/san-augutsine-wolves-draw-inspiration-from-2003-title-when-preparing-for-thursdays-state-semifinal

It's game day! Two offensive juggernauts going head to head. Expecting some big plays from both teams that bring explosive players. SA is going to have to win their battles on the outside and catch everything against some smaller DB's. Refugio is stout throughout the front 7 & they have not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 2 years. We all know what KJ brings to the table but he is gunna have to turn it up another notch. Murr is gunna have to hurt the defense with his legs as well. Refugio's big hoss is a D1 nose tackle that tweaked an ankle last week but he has manhandled every Center/Guard he has went up against. Refugio's QB has a cannon but he is young & I have seen him throw some dangerous balls and struggle early on. If SA can get a pick early & force some mistakes than they will be able to jump on Refugio and force them to do something they don't do often, play from behind. All in all I think SA pulls out a gutsy upset.

SA - 38

Refugio - 35

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 1.15.30 PM.png

Are you sure they haven’t allowed 100 yard rusher I thought Madison from cv had a couple long runs last year. I know Williams from LL had 100 he had 80 on one run. But that was two years ago. 

23 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Are you sure they haven’t allowed 100 yard rusher I thought Madison from cv had a couple long runs last year. I know Williams from LL had 100 he had 80 on one run. But that was two years ago. 

That's what one of Dave Campbell's articles stated.