2A-D1 State-Semis: Refugio (12-1) vs San Augustine (14-0)

LPack

Who Yall Got  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who Yall Got

• San Augustine Wolves
    • Refugio Bobcats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2017 at 01:00 AM

Hell of a season by SA. Hell of a senior class. Them boys from Refugio are beasts. SA had missed turnovers & dropped balls that could of swung this game around but credit Refugio cause they made the plays when it counted. Time to move onto basketball and dam I'm excited about it. 

3 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

SA was still in the game when it was 35-21 and we attempt an onside kick. Game over at that point.  I’ll never second guess a coach and feel like that play was because our kicker went down the play before. Congrats Wolves great season. 

That Dropped TD ball on the first drive of the 2nd half took the air out of SA. 

I did change my prediction from 21 to 41 at half, i was watching online, Refugio was just the better team by far..... they will be a hand full next week......so just off what I read, il take a guess this SA team isn't as good as that Canadian Team, what you think Alto44....😂😂😂😂

Refugio just to much tonight like I thought, they came ready to play SA kept it close for 1st qt then it was over after that. SA didn’t have an answer for Refugio’s running game and Refugio took advantage of that, they can do it all run, throw all around complete team. Mart will have there hands full next week no doubt Very impressive performance by Refugio 

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

Refugio just to much tonight like I thought, they came ready to play SA kept it close for 1st qt then it was over after that. SA didn’t have an answer for Refugio’s running game and Refugio took advantage of that, they can do it all run, throw all around complete team. Mart will have there hands full next week no doubt Very impressive performance by Refugio 

I guess if you call throwing the ball with 1:26 left in the game and finally getting a completion a team that can do it all you would be correct. That game was far from over after the 1st quarter. The game was over on the dropped touchdown pass and onside kick at beginning and midway thru 3rd quarter. Now as to an answer to their running game you are correct. They ran the same 2 plays over and over and we never stopped it. Good football team? Yes indeed. Great football team? Far from it. SA has chances and couldn’t get it done tonight but the 28 of those points came after SA quit playing ball, but hey you gotta play a full 4 quarters so my hats off to Refugio, but they will have their hands full with Mart. 

30 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

I guess if you call throwing the ball with 1:26 left in the game and finally getting a completion a team that can do it all you would be correct. That game was far from over after the 1st quarter. The game was over on the dropped touchdown pass and onside kick at beginning and midway thru 3rd quarter. Now as to an answer to their running game you are correct. They ran the same 2 plays over and over and we never stopped it. Good football team? Yes indeed. Great football team? Far from it. SA has chances and couldn’t get it done tonight but the 28 of those points came after SA quit playing ball, but hey you gotta play a full 4 quarters so my hats off to Refugio, but they will have their hands full with Mart. 

Why can't you just give credit to Refugio for donkey stomping SA.  SA had three long plays and that was it.  Complete domination by Refugio.  And I'm sure you know the personal foul on Refugio coach came as he was sticking up for one of his players that had just been punched by one of your, nothing but total class, SA players.  Punch was directly in front of the referee and for them not to see and call it was incredible.  Any coach would do the same or they're not doing their job.

For you having stated earlier words to the effect of "hell is coming with us," you've sure done a lot of whining here in the end.  Just like it was with your neighbors Waskom when Refugio donkey stomped them.  Players were getting chippy on both sides down toward the end, but it was only SA that took it to the level of throwing a punch.  

SA had several very talented individual players and great speed and that's obviously enough in Region 3, but as a team they were below average compared to others Refugio played this year.  They would be rated about sixth best below Navarro, Mason, Goliad, Edna, and Shiner.  

48 minutes ago, bystander76 said:

You make it sound like Refugio only threw with a min left to go in the game did they not have 3TD passes? Refugio gave y’all big returns in the kickoffs to set up a couple of yalls TDS, they even gave y’all a fumble which y’all returned 94 yds for a TD otherwise y’all be looking at 70 pts, they held yalls high octane offense to 14 pts after averaging 41. I would say that makes them pretty great 

32 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Why can't you just give credit to Refugio for donkey stomping SA.  SA had three long plays and that was it.  Complete domination by Refugio.  And I'm sure you know the personal foul on Refugio coach came as he was sticking up for one of his players that had just been punched by one of your, nothing but total class, SA players.  Punch was directly in front of the referee and for them not to see and call it was incredible.  Any coach would do the same or they're not doing their job.

For you having stated earlier words to the effect of "hell is coming with us," you've sure done a lot of whining here in the end.  Just like it was with your neighbors Waskom when Refugio donkey stomped them.  Players were getting chippy on both sides down toward the end, but it was only SA that took it to the level of throwing a punch.  

SA had several very talented individual players and great speed and that's obviously enough in Region 3, but as a team they were below average compared to others Refugio played this year.  They would be rated about sixth best below Navarro, Mason, Goliad, Edna, and Shiner.  

I saw that too he punched one of Refugio’s players and Refs didn’t call it, but they throw a flag on Refugio’s coach right after that happened, what da hell!!!

Honestly they probably were probably 5th to 6th on the schedule and that is in no way a knock on SA. Navarro was a 3rd round 4A division 2 team, Edna was a 3rd round 3a division 1 team, Goliad was a 3a division 1 quarter finalist, Mason was top ranked all year and held opponents to 47 total points until last week and Shiner is in Refugio’ s district and are probably close to SA because of their strong defense and history. Again Refugio has played a tough tough schedule this year. Looking at SA schedule none of their opponents had that type of success in the playoffs