Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

44 minutes ago, coachkells said:

My point exactly,  I'm sure every team that is still playing this week is looking to put in a wrinkle or two to take advantage of something they think they might be able to expose that is what good coaches do.  

But the big difference I have seen between Surratt and others is he has confidence in his players to execute ANY play at ANY time in the game at ANY position on the field.  And he has the juevos to call them!

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

But the big difference I have seen between Surratt and others is he has confidence in his players to execute ANY play at ANY time in the game at ANY position on the field.  And he has the juevos to call them!

The players are confident in converting too. Just look at the 4th down conversions in the state championship game last year. When Carthage converts those it’s like a huge letdown to the opponent.

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

I'm ready to hear a none bias take on this game.  Ready to hear from the sideline to sideline crew that has seen both of these teams in person, and get Mr. Stepps point of view  on this game.

Didn’t they see Carthage at the beginning of the year? The Gilmer game?

Lots of practices and games from predistrict to first round of the playoffs.

Capps wasn’t too comfortable yet by the Gilmer game, but grew into his role as QB throughout the year. He has a strong arm and one of the deep touchdown passes he threw to Bowens in the Silsbee game may be the best bomb I’ve ever seen a Carthage QB throw.

It ranks right up there with the pass Anthony Morgan threw to Cortlyn Ware in the 2010 state championship game to start the day for Carthage. Carthage’s first play from scrimmage against Coldspring-Oakhurst. The other memorable deep ball from Morgan to Ware was in the semifinal against Brownwood one play after a trick play pass that went for a TD to Ed Pope was called back. Surratt went right back after Brownwood on the next play, a beautiful ball to the front left corner of the end zone. When we hit that touchdown immediately after that questionable call by the refs I knew it was our day. 

9 hours ago, coachkells said:

If you give him space to run he will take full advantage, above average hands and speed.  He is one of the many tools LV has.  When I was at the Canyon Lake game he caught a quick hitter made one guy miss and no one was going to catch him.  

Yes sir. That 4.3 will make people not catch ya. 

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Lots of practices and games from predistrict to first round of the playoffs.

Capps wasn’t too comfortable yet by the Gilmer game, but grew into his role as QB throughout the year. He has a strong arm and one of the deep touchdown passes he threw to Bowens in the Silsbee game may be the best bomb I’ve ever seen a Carthage QB throw.

It ranks right up there with the pass Anthony Morgan threw to Cortlyn Ware in the 2010 state championship game to start the day for Carthage. Carthage’s first play from scrimmage against Coldspring-Oakhurst. The other memorable deep ball from Morgan to Ware was in the semifinal against Brownwood one play after a trick play pass that went for a TD to Ed Pope was called back. Surratt went right back after Brownwood on the next play, a beautiful ball to the front left corner of the end zone. When we hit that touchdown immediately after that questionable call by the refs I knew it was our day. 

The one he threw to Dee Friday was a great ball for 82 yards.

10 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Stepp won't bet against Carthage. The S2S crew cannot name 3 players from either team and get the names correct.

Yes because getting a name right trumps all of the games and vids we see. All the coaches we talk to and other media members and the fans who send us thoughts on their games. We do not record the show scripted with rosters in front of us.

22 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Yes because getting a name right trumps all of the games and vids we see. All the coaches we talk to and other media members and the fans who send us thoughts on their games. We do not record the show scripted with rosters in front of us.

Or 100% sober!!! LOL!  Don't worry about it.  Most of the guys around here can barely keep up with one team, much less all of 3A and 4A.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

How objective could you be sharing you're thoughts about these two teams, Dean?

What makes Carthage an exceptional team is (1) Great coaching staff (2) Do not  beat themselves (turnovers and penalties)  (3) Halftime adjustments... they always keep you guessing (4) Carthage Fans...Unbelievable support.

To beat Carthage this Friday you better have a balanced attack, eliminate turnovers and penalties, and keep that going for the full four quarters. 

That being said Waco LaVega is also undefeated (1) Great Coach (2) Seasoned Sr. QB who was a sophomore and lead them to a State Championship (3) Three exceptional running backs and a QB as well.

LaVega can't beat Carthage without keeping them guessing on offense. LaVega will not hold Carthage to less than 28 pts.

Bottom line is Carthage defense and like I said earlier LaVega has to pass to keep the guessing.

Carthage 28

LV             14

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

What makes Carthage an exceptional team is (1) Great coaching staff (2) Do not  beat themselves (turnovers and penalties)  (3) Halftime adjustments... they always keep you guessing (4) Carthage Fans...Unbelievable support.

To beat Carthage this Friday you better have a balanced attack, eliminate turnovers and penalties, and keep that going for the full four quarters. 

That being said Waco LaVega is also undefeated (1) Great Coach (2) Seasoned Sr. QB who was a sophomore and lead them to a State Championship (3) Three exceptional running backs and a QB as well.

LaVega can't beat Carthage without keeping them guessing on offense. LaVega will not hold Carthage to less than 28 pts.

Bottom line is Carthage defense and like I said earlier LaVega has to pass to keep the guessing.

Carthage 28

LV             14

Thanks Dean, I know there are many on here who respect your opinion.

14 hours ago, Lion70 said:

That's just you . I no feelings of seeing carthage win a state title so y'all  head can get that much bigger. I never really cared about other teams.

Our heads aren't "big"...well mine that is since I can't speak for other people. Our team is very good and I'm proud about that just as you'd be proud of your Lions, when you can accurately and confidently speak on how good your team is and they back it up it's just stating mere facts. *shrugs*

1 minute ago, trueblue32 said:

Lion, dude, you're really beginning to soil yourself now, it's getting embarrassing.  Henderson was beaten fair and square. Time to give up and stop beatin the poor Bulldogs down brah.  For reals.  

He feels if he says it long enough, one day when Carthage FINALLY loses a game,(next season, early) he can jump up and shout, "I TOLD YOU!!!" 😜

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ctown94 said:

So what time is everyone on here going to start getting in line friday night? gonna be cool and last year they didnt open the door until 1 hour before the game so 6:30.

I think my crew and I will get there around 5:30-6:00 just to get in line if not earlier. We'll head out from Carthage around noon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ctown94 said:

So what time is everyone on here going to start getting in line friday night? gonna be cool and last year they didnt open the door until 1 hour before the game so 6:30.

Everyone should just get to the stadium about 7:00 and you should be able to get any seat you want at 7:15.