Carthage vs Waco La Vega at The Star Friday, December 15, 2017 at 7:30 PM

ctown94

Carthage vs La Vega  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• (14-0) La Vega Pirates
    • (14-0) Carthage Bulldogs

6 minutes ago, coachkells said:

Thanks,  I will be looking forward to reading your response.   I know how hard it is to be objective when you are tied so closely to a team.  

I'm as big homer as they come, but I can also read stats, ratings, etc. & based solely on those, there seems to be an edge in Carthage's favor. No?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I'm as big homer as they come, but I can also read stats, ratings, etc. & based solely on those, there seems to be an edge in Carthage's favor. No?

I would give the edge to Carthage in offense and a slight edge to La Vega on Defense .  The stats for both team tell who the are, LV will play Defense and try to run the ball and throw it if they have too.  Carthage is balanced on Offense and  plays good defense. There is no real way to compare the stats. No common opponents so looking at stats are good but they really hold no relevance for comparison, they do give you a good Idea of who the teams are and what they like to do.  

3 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I would give the edge to Carthage in offense and a slight edge to La Vega on Defense .  The stats for both team tell who the are, LV will play Defense and try to run the ball and throw it if they have too.  Carthage is balanced on Offense played good defense. There is no real way to compare the stats. No common opponents so looking at stats are good but they really hold no relevance for comparison, they do give you a good Idea of who the team are and what they like to do.  

I agree. Stats are stats and not always helpful when comparing teams in a matchup. I like to look at schedules. That being said, IMO, LV has THREE wins better than Carthages best win. To me that means more than stats. 

3 minutes ago, coachkells said:

If I had to guess I would say Liberty Hill x2,  and China Spring, Maybe Canyon Lake depends on which pole you look at. 

I'm sure it's LV and CS, but even that is subjective. How do we know Hendo, Kilgore, and Gilmer wouldn't give LV and CS all they want? This is a hard one to call. Can make a case either way. All I know is I THINK it's going to be a close game.  

3 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Let's just say this is a toss up, and player for player it's a wash. Heck let's even say LV is slightly better. You are taking Williams and Hyde over Surratt and Preston? 

IMO Surratt and Williams is a push.  Hyde would be my DC in a heart beat.  If you watch the end  2015 game Surratt said he got out coached. Same staff from 2015 with some slight changes.  Think all the sudden things are going to change.  

5 minutes ago, coachkells said:

If I had to guess I would say Liberty Hill x2,  and China Spring, Maybe Canyon Lake depends on which pole you look at. 

That is what I assumed.  I’m just trying to figure out why those wins are better than Henderson x2 and Kilgore, Gilmer, Liberty Eylau or Gilmer for Carthage?  I mean Kilgore, LE & Gilmer made it 3 rounds deep and Henderson 4.  Seems like at worst they would be a wash?

1 minute ago, coachkells said:

IMO Surratt and Williams is a push.  Hyde would be my DC in a heart beat.  If you watch the end  2015 game Surratt said he got out coached. Same staff from 2015 with some slight changes.  Think all the sudden things are going to change.  

Dawgs were missing 7 starters in that game including Ingram. 

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

That is what I assumed.  I’m just trying to figure out why those wins are better than Henderson x2 and Kilgore, Gilmer, Liberty Eylau or Gilmer for Carthage?  I mean Kilgore, LE & Gilmer made it 3 rounds deep and Henderson 4.  Seems like at worst they would be a wash?

I was just giving my guess on what EagleBorn said.

• Like 1