2017 season upon us

futfan

• 3 weeks later...

You are right.  Lets not even have a soccer season and just give them the state championship trophy right now. I do think they had a few more seniors that started last year then what you claim.

Kilgore has to be favored for sure going into the season. Bridgeport has a lot of starters coming back and they played Kilgore to a SO in the championship match last year

16 hours ago, SOCCERBUFF said:

You are right.  Lets not even have a soccer season and just give them the state championship trophy right now. I do think they had a few more seniors that started last year then what you claim.

Kilgore has to be favored for sure going into the season. Bridgeport has a lot of starters coming back and they played Kilgore to a SO in the championship match last year

Yes you are right they lost more seniors than I posted but only 2 were starters the others had a lot of playing time. And yes Kilgore is the favorite coming into the season if Kilgore can stay healthy I can't see anybody beating them but that's why they take the field to play the gm. 

I wasn't there, but the report I heard says Palestine is the real deal and that Kilgore was missing 3 starters.  Can't get too worked up about tournament results.  You get lots of leg injuries in these early cold weather matches plus coaches are open to lots of experimenting with lineup rotations.

1 hour ago, Parisian said:

I wasn't there, but the report I heard says Palestine is the real deal and that Kilgore was missing 3 starters.  Can't get too worked up about tournament results.  You get lots of leg injuries in these early cold weather matches plus coaches are open to lots of experimenting with lineup rotations.

Palestine is good and Kilgore was missing 4 starters in that gm. Coach Wait didn't want to risk any serious injuries to them. Coach said all starters will be back for the Longview tournament coming up next. After watching both teams play I believe Kilgore is the better team but that's just my observation  ( if Kilgore played all their starters ). 

Also watch out for Chapel Hill they looked really good