6A Division II State Semi-Final: Longview (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway (14-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway Panthers (14-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2017 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Four technically.... Missed against Lake Ridge 2 years in a row lol

And 2005, 2006 (blocked)... You could even say 2003 cause we missed and lost in OT.

He didn't miss the LR loss in Tyler...lol

Ok guys, I’m getting kind of tired of hiding posts for bashing kids. No disciplinary action will be handed out at this time, but I know who has pushed the limits so far, and the next time you cross the line, you will get a vacation. These are not college kids on a scholarship, and they’re not in the NFL. You have been warned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Missed the two point conversion. The fumble by AC early on. The missed field goals. The horrendous fake punt. The fumble on our side of the field.

We gave them this win. Plain and simple.

I have to agree.  I don’t think they were that much better of a team. They were good. But Longview is good too. And don’t forget the onside kick that gave them great field position

• Like 1

Just now, lobo79 said:

I have to agree.  I don’t think they were that much better of a team. They were good. But Longview is good too. And don’t forget the onside kick that gave them great field position

Thats what I wanted to ask Lobo fans: Does King usually take risks like that? That was a Scott Surratt move. 

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Ok guys, I’m getting kind of tired of hiding posts for bashing kids. No disciplinary action will be handed out at this time, but I know who has pushed the limits so far, and the next time you cross the line, you will get a vacation. These are not college kids on a scholarship, and they’re not in the NFL. You have been warned. 

Do what you have to do.

I didn't come here to sugar coat anything for sensitive people.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Thats what I wanted to ask Lobo fans: Does King usually take risks like that? That was a Scott Surratt move. 

Yes. Against #2 nationally ranked evangel in 2003 he was down 26-14 at half and kicked it onsides. Stopped them and scores 29 unanswered points. 

His defense usually holds. He has faith in them.

14 minutes ago, lobo79 said:

Completely forgot about that. So true.

On the bright side...Longview will be loaded next year.

Looking like 9-10 offensive starters return. Three to four defensive starters and about 50 lettermen.

Easily a Top 5 ranking...not that means much but expect another long run !

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lobo79 said:

I do think this team had more heart and determination than we e seen in yeas. 

Completely agree. Hope we don’t miss that next year.

We have a lot to replace on D so it’ll be interesting to see what happens, but this team was special. Shame it ended the way it did but couldn’t be prouder to be a Lobo.

• Like 3

Great season!  Kudos to players and coaches for the great ride.  Midway did their best to give us this game and time and time again we couldn’t make the play when it mattered most!  Bottom line!  As always I am proud of effort of the kids and coaches.  

Probably about to get stupid in here....l’m out!  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Do what you have to do.

I didn't come here to sugar coat anything for sensitive people.

come on dude, don't go out like this 2 yrs in a row.  you got to take a step back and don't get to emotionally invested. Its just high school sports.

• Like 1

I just want to thank all the Lobo players for giving us some great memories. Thank you guys for laying it all on the line every game!!   Thank you coach King and all the staff. I loved watching you all play.  Not a single poll had us in their top 25. No pre season blue chip players.  Not picked to finish in the top two in our district. You proved them all wrong.  You are a great team 2017 Lobos!!!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Listen it don't matter but that failed onside kick and that fake punt (if we can call it that) were the farthest thing from a "Scott Surratt" move I ever seen. SS takes chances when the odds are in his favor and he knows he has the look to pull it off.