6A Division II State Semi-Final: Longview (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway (14-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway Panthers (14-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2017 at 12:00 AM

10 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

I agree Johnny, will take an outstanding game for Longview to win this week.  Somehow we keep on winning. Go Lobos beat WM!!!

Yep! One week at a time. Nobody thought we'd get past round 2-3 this year. To be in the semis is quite an achievement for any team, especially one that had so many injuries as the Lobos have. 

36 minutes ago, Loboup said:

There's no way their defense is any better than lufkin or Klein Collins so we have a chance

This, and I think Lufkin's better than K-C. A more complete team.

Same goes for Midway. Their quarterback (a future Sooner) is legit, one of the best in the state. But I would argue Lufkin overall is better than Midway. Watching film, I was more worried last week than I am this. Longview matches up well and can beat this team. It won't be a pushover by any stretch, but they can do it. 

55 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep! One week at a time. Nobody thought we'd get past round 2-3 this year. To be in the semis is quite an achievement for any team, especially one that had so many injuries as the Lobos have

Not that I'm in a hurry to skip through this season, but I look forward to Jessie and Marcus playing a full season next year. 

• Thanks 1

Lufkin is not better than this Midway team.

There’s a reason they’re undefeated and haven’t really been that tested outside of one or two games.

This is going to be a huge challenge for Longview. Just like KC and Lp were.

Just have to come to play our style of football and hope we can get some turnovers along the way. 

This is really a week I think we need use Carter and Jessie in the backfield a lot tbh. We’re gonna have to have a consistent rushing attack to open our passing game up. 

We can’t have a day like we did against KC rushing wise, IMO, and expect to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

Anderson is gonna be a beast next year. He just runs guys over. 

Our offense is going to be scary, scary next year with basically everyone returning. Losing Carter no doubt will hurt us but we'll find a way.

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Our offense is going to be scary, scary next year with basically everyone returning. Losing Carter no doubt will hurt us but we'll find a way.

Assuming the boys sitting on the hill during halftime were jv players y'all wont have a problem finding a tall wide receiver to replace him. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Losing Jaylin def is going to hurt. I hope we target him more this week. Don’t think we targeted him once, probably due to the Lp defense.

It’s a different guy each week it seems....great problem to have.  Who will it be this week?

carter barely missed on two td catches yesterday 

43 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Y'all talking next year,when we still have two weeks left of this year!!!

Plenty of time to talk about Midway this week. Doubt we'll get any Panther fans on here so we'll have all week to talk amongst ourselves.