6A Division II State Semi-Final: Longview (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway (14-0)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (13-1) vs Hewitt Midway Panthers (14-0)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a close one
    • Hewitt Midway in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/17/2017 at 12:00 AM

15 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Last time Midway traveled to play a team with a winning record was against Temple (10-4) back in mid September. 

Cedar Ridge, a team Midway dominated for the most part, is still playing in the Semis this week against Allen in 6A D1.

Midway has played three playoff games in Waco, one at AT&T. First two wins were against teams with 5-6 and 5-7 records. Then of course Southlake, who lost their star running back the previous week.

Mansfield fumble three times, Midway scored 21 points off turnovers in that game. 

This game reminds me of the semifinal game against DENTON guyer.  They had big d1 qb in the Walsh kid with a lot of weapons and good rb.  They had nasty defense too.  We got up big I think 19-0 at half which no one expected and let em come back and lost it on a blocked punt.  Didn’t have the rugby punt like we do this year and it killed us 

5 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

This game reminds me of the semifinal game against DENTON guyer.  They had big d1 qb in the Walsh kid with a lot of weapons and good rb.  They had nasty defense too.  We got up big I think 19-0 at half which no one expected and let em come back and lost it on a blocked punt.  Didn’t have the rugby punt like we do this year and it killed us 

You're thinking of the 2010 Guyer game (cause we played them in the Semis in 08 and 09 as well).

We were up 17-0 at half. And 27-14 in the 4th quarter.

Why we didn't go for 2 at the time, still remains a question for me (same question I had against KC this year too).

I'm still not over that 2010 game, and I don't think I ever will be. Mainly because we never had to snap the ball or punt it if we had just used the clock correctly and not snapped it at 15 seconds on the play clock the final 6 plays.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

You're thinking of the 2010 Guyer game (cause we played them in the Semis in 08 and 09 as well).

We were up 17-0 at half. And 27-14 in the 4th quarter.

Why we didn't go for 2 at the time, still remains a question for me (same question I had against KC this year too).

I'm still not over that 2010 game, and I don't think I ever will be. Mainly because we never had to snap the ball or punt it if we had just used the clock correctly and not snapped it at 15 seconds on the play clock the final 6 plays.

Yep the one we lost we won the other 2 

this game is kinda like the kc game to me in the sense that we are due for a win in a game like this to get us over the hump.  Those of us that have been around a while know we are very capable of winning this game just gotta get the same execution we had in the kc game again!

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

No one is expecting anything but Midway showing up.

Right? :lol: I don't think King is over there at practice going, "Y'know fellas, we don't need to worry about this game. I doubt Midway even shows up!" 

Gimme a break. No one who's made it this far is to be taken lightly, least of all an undefeated #5-ranked team that's filled with D-I talent. 

Spare me the Rodney Daingerfield routine, pal. No one is sleeping on Midway. 

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Now on the other hand, it does sound like Midway and their fans are sleeping on Longview.

Calling for 24+ point blow outs.

Midway does not respect Longview and it will take them getting punched in the mouth to wake them up.

The key for the Lobos is to punch them and keep on punching them. They need to get some early stops and score off those stops. We all know Longview is not built to play from behind, but they are built to sit on a lead.

10 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

We all know Longview is not built to play from behind, but they are built to sit on a lead.

Most years I would agree. But we've won the last two contests coming from behind, in Saturday's case with under 2 minutes to go.

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Most years I would agree. But we've won the last two contests coming from behind, in Saturday's case with under 2 minutes to go.

Oh, I know.

I was really referring to coming from behind from  2 or 3 touchdowns behind, when the running game is really taken away from you and the opponent knows you know option but to throw the ball.

Last weeks "come from behind" was helped by some great field position to start the "game winning" drive.

11 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Midway does not respect Longview and it will take them getting punched in the mouth to wake them up.

The key for the Lobos is to punch them and keep on punching them. They need to get some early stops and score off those stops. We all know Longview is not built to play from behind, but they are built to sit on a lead.

Technically Longview has fallen behind in all of their playoff games except against West Brook.

The Lobos fell behind to Klein Collins by 14-0 early in the 2nd quarter. So there won't be any panic with this team. 

In total agreement that falling behind two scores to Midway wouldn't be a good thing...just need to set the pace inthis one.

• Like 1

Word on the Midway campus is the Lobo players (QB) are talking a bunch of yang. We love it. All the Killeen schools do the same

Be prepared, my friends. There is a reason why every who's who in college football were at every one of our spring practices. 

• LOL! 2