Razorbacks 2018 Thread

36 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

They can do that, IMO. Petrino did well with the Spread because there are athletes in Arkansas to run it. Morris will get his fair share of Texas kids and Chavis will have the defense playing as fast and as hard as possible. They will get better players because they will be exciting to watch on both sides of the ball.

It's still sadly funny how one bad motorcycle ride changed the whole program. 

56 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

They can do that, IMO. Petrino did well with the Spread because there are athletes in Arkansas to run it. Morris will get his fair share of Texas kids and Chavis will have the defense playing as fast and as hard as possible. They will get better players because they will be exciting to watch on both sides of the ball.

Will they get better players because they’re exciting to watch on the field?  Or will they be exciting to watch on the field because they’ve gotten better players?  Chicken or egg?  

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Will they get better players because they’re exciting to watch on the field?  Or will they be exciting to watch on the field because they’ve gotten better players?  Chicken or egg?  

I think the offensive system will cause them to be mush more marketable to today's high school athletes.

And the history of Chavis putting players in the NFL will increase their ability to attract top flight Defensive play makers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think the offensive system will cause them to be mush more marketable to today's high school athletes.

And the history of Chavis putting players in the NFL will increase their ability to attract top flight Defensive play makers.

They’ll improve offensively first.  Just having a better scheme than bert’s Will create more points, TOP, less punts and possibly an extra win or two.  Arkansas will have to recruit the defensive backfield better to improve defensively, especially for chavis’ scheme.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

They’ll improve offensively first.  Just having a better scheme than bert’s Will create more points, TOP, less punts and possibly an extra win or two.  Arkansas will have to recruit the defensive backfield better to improve defensively, especially for chavis’ scheme.  

I agree completely. They have the tools in place to be more explosive on Offense and the Scheme will reflect that immediately. The Defense will be better simply because the Offense will be improved. Fans and coaches complain about the Uptempo Spread teams putting too much pressure on the Defense because it gives the opponent more possessions. It only gives the opponent more possessions if you are going 3 and out. It does not matter what Offense you  run, if you are going 3 and out every possession then your opponent has more opportunities to score.

12 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

IMO Chavis was underwhelming at A&M. I do not see it getting any better at Arky.

The aTm defense was just as good as the offense.

To do what Chavis likes to do you have to have guys that can cover man to man in the back end and dynamic edge rushers. Not sure he had that this year in Aggieland and he definitely won't have exactly what he needs to be great on the Hill next year. But, I think his aggressive style will mask some of their deficiencies on the back end. The key to better defense in the Chavis system is definitely great defensive back play. 

20 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I agree completely. They have the tools in place to be more explosive on Offense and the Scheme will reflect that immediately. The Defense will be better simply because the Offense will be improved. Fans and coaches complain about the Uptempo Spread teams putting too much pressure on the Defense because it gives the opponent more possessions. It only gives the opponent more possessions if you are going 3 and out. It does not matter what Offense you  run, if you are going 3 and out every possession then your opponent has more opportunities to score.

The big qb will not be your qb.  He doesn’t fit what morris will want to do.  

Dont kid yourself self with the defense will get better simply because your offense is better.  Your defensive production and numbers may alter due to facing less plays, but the talent deficiency will still be there.  Arkansas always good DL, but from what I saw out of them their hurting in the LB and db’s.  That isn’t good for chavis’ scheme.

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The big qb will not be your qb.  He doesn’t fit what morris will want to do.  

Dont kid yourself self with the defense will get better simply because your offense is better.  Your defensive production and numbers may alter due to facing less plays, but the talent deficiency will still be there.  Arkansas always good DL, but from what I saw out of them their hurting in the LB and db’s.  That isn’t good for chavis’ scheme.

I agree on the QB issue and the best DB in the program was hurt against TCU, he will be back. But, it will be a work in progress on both sides of the ball next year. Not expecting first year miracles, just signs of serious improvement. 

Just now, playactionpass39 said:

I agree on the QB issue and the best DB in the program was hurt against TCU, he will be back. But, it will be a work in progress on both sides of the ball next year. Not expecting first year miracles, just signs of serious improvement. 

The D is what im least worried about next season, more interested in seeing how the O adapts. 

18 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

The D is what im least worried about next season, more interested in seeing how the O adapts. 

I think they will adapt very well.

They have the QB 's on campus, or coming in, who can spin it. They also have a very athletic group of receivers who will improve drastically with better coaching and more quality reps. With a huge emphasis in the passing game, I think you will see big jumps in productivity from all of the receivers. And getting Cornelius back from injury could be a season changer.

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

That OL better be light-years better, they were utterly bad the past two years. 

Increased emphasis placed on Pass Protection will help immensely, and the move to a Zone blocking scheme should help the run game.

Pretty hard to block when there are 7-9 defenders in the Box.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Which RBs do Arkansas have coming back?

chase hayden will be back too, he's more of a quick agile runner than whaley. he was showing a lot of promise last year as a freshman before getting hurt.

7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

That OL better be light-years better, they were utterly bad the past two years. 

after seeing some of craddocks comments i feel sorry for the o-linemen this offseason. looks like they in for some running and weight loss programs. steamboat kelley i think will be in there with them too.

2 hours ago, txk85 said:

after seeing some of craddocks comments i feel sorry for the o-linemen this offseason. looks like they in for some running and weight loss programs. steamboat kelley i think will be in there with them too.

Yup, and he said the QB race is wide open, imo Kelley wont be the starter, I personally think Noland will end up winning that job. 

19 hours ago, sackem said:

Just look at SMU and how the recruiting helped them.

You think any of those recruits will follow him even though they would have to sit out a year 

i dont know about smu but i'll take some of the guys traylor recruited to texas.

• Mr. P changed the title to Razorbacks 2018 Thread
  • Mr. P locked this topic