Razorbacks 2018 Thread

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Well next week will be interesting. Our guys are playing with a ton of confidence right now. Mason Fine has thrown for 400 yards in each game. I hope Arkansas is overlooking us.

I honestly don't like our chances, not after that debacle last night. Could very well see us losing by a couple scores. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Well next week will be interesting. Our guys are playing with a ton of confidence right now. Mason Fine has thrown for 400 yards in each game. I hope Arkansas is overlooking us.

I can guarantee you Arkansas will not be overlooking anybody. The loss to CSU is a wake-up call for everybody associated with the program. With that being said, I'm not sure Arkansas is capable of stopping North Texas. I think Dre Greenlaw being back will help, if he is healthy and Lord willing the game plan on both sides of the ball will be a little more creative. But, the defense is poor against the pass and that is what North Texas does really well. 

14 hours ago, Hlion said:

Man I figured they would have some growing pains but not this bad. I could see them with an upset this year. 

14 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

That game made me wanna find a ledge to jump off of. 

No reason to jump yet Buddy, it is a  painful process to change from the slow, methodical offense of the past to the aggressive,  up-tempo offense that they will become. The Offensive line was not good last year and is still not good, but it is improving every day. The QB problem is not going to get fixed over night. Neither QB that has played this season has a clue how to read defenses. Rarely do they come off their first read and if they do get to a secondary read they look timid and scared to throw the ball. They are both more worried about making mistakes than they are about making plays. You can't play QB worried about making a mistake. They have to free themselves up and cut it loose. Kelly is the worst, he has a big arm and he refuses to just let it rip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

The Offensive line was not good last year and is still not good, but it is improving every day. 

Not only that, you're taking guys who have blocked a very specific style of game and are asking them to completely change their style. They may not have the right bodies for it either... Remember when Nebraska finally gave up the triple option and went with the West Coast style? One of their biggest problems was that their offensive linemen didn't have long arms to pass block as well. Herbie did a great analysis of their troubles back in 2005 or so. 

This is a multi-year rebuilding process for the hogs. With Traylor on board, I can't see them not getting talent in place. Will that style work in the SEC West? Not sure. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

44 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Arkansas will be better down the road. Our offense is full of Juniors that are playing in their 3rd year of the system. Morris just needs to get his guys in there. 

We'll be lucky to win 2 more games this season the way we're playing. Is what it is. 

• Mr. P locked this topic