Razorbacks 2018 Thread

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think it makes a huge impact but Arkansas has to be relevant. 

Look no further than Texas S Brandon Jones. He was a lock to sign at ATM until Traylor started recruiting him to Texas. Charlie Strong had very little to do with that recruitment. 

Uncle Red deserves credit for his part in that as well! 😉😂 

Im just messing with ya. Sort of... 

• LOL! 3

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I think it makes a huge impact but Arkansas has to be relevant. 

Look no further than Texas S Brandon Jones. He was a lock to sign at ATM until Traylor started recruiting him to Texas. Charlie Strong had very little to do with that recruitment. 

I think Arkansas becomes real relevant, real quick with Morris and Traylor and Lord willing Venables. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think Arkansas becomes real relevant, real quick with Morris and Traylor and Lord willing Venables. 

Venables turned down aTm to stay at Clemson. They were in the playoff mix.

venebles is still at Clemson.  They are in the playoffs.  Why would he leave Clemson for the ozarks?  

15 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Venables turned down aTm to stay at Clemson. They were in the playoff mix.

venebles is still at Clemson.  They are in the playoffs.  Why would he leave Clemson for the ozarks?  

He would leave Clemson for Arkansas because he and Morris are good friends and he is looking for a new challenge, he wants to be in the SEC and he feels more comfortable with Morris at Arkansas than he would have with Fisher at aTm. Oh, and more $$$$$$.

• Mr. P changed the title to How will Traylor to Arkansas impact East Texas recruiting?
31 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

He would leave Clemson for Arkansas because he and Morris are good friends and he is looking for a new challenge, he wants to be in the SEC and he feels more comfortable with Morris at Arkansas than he would have with Fisher at aTm. Oh, and more $$$$$$.

He’s been with swinney longer than he was with morris.  He’s got one of the top defenses in the land, gets all the recruits that he wants and gets to the playoff where he faces an sec team just about every year.  If one wants to be a DC in the sec just to be in the sec I’m telling you Arkansas isn’t the place they’re going.  Arkansas is harder to recruit to.  He’s already one of the top paid coordinators in the country, and you think Arkansas would be willing to pay more than Clemson?  Arkansas made a good hire for HC, but they didn’t show they mean business by hiring a coach away from SMU for $3.5 million.  aTm meant business (even though I think the guaranteed contract was dumb), they went after the guy they wanted.  Arkansas hired aTm’s  4th or 5th option.  So hiring the top DC in the country should be written in a letter to Santa because venables would have to be stupid to leave Clemson for them

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Guessing what he wants at this point is foolish.  He has turned down some great opportunities to be head coach elsewhere.  He has built a top 5 defense at Clemson.  I find it hard to believe that his next move would be a lateral move for $200-300k more a year...

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Guessing what he wants at this point is foolish.  He has turned down some great opportunities to be head coach elsewhere.  He has built a top 5 defense at Clemson.  I find it hard to believe that his next move would be a lateral move for $200-300k more a year...

To Arkansas at that....

30 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Only source I’ve found has venables salary at $1.7m.  

If he left clemson for Arkansas it would’ve been as HC.  

why take a HC job for $3-4m that could ruin your reputation and have you looking for a new job in 3-4 years when you can be treated as a football god for nearly $2m a year?  

I get it, most coaches have egos and want to prove more and more... But his goal in life my be to be the best of what he does.  In my opinion, he was the best DC in the NCAA while at OU, but what he has done at Clemson is remarkable.  He has, at times, surpassed Alabama defenses in talent and execution in a very short period of time at Clemson.

I've said stuff like "Pay Orlando to stay" "Buy out Aranda"...  I would take Venables over all of them.

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I saw an article a while back saying Arkansas was going to give Morris $3.5 and offer Veneables $2 million. 

Unless he just wants to do it all over again, I just don't see him leaving Clemson... 

• Mr. P changed the title to Razorbacks 2018 Thread
  • Mr. P locked this topic