Razorbacks 2018 Thread

On 1/9/2018 at 3:48 PM, playactionpass39 said:

I think the offensive system will cause them to be mush more marketable to today's high school athletes.

And the history of Chavis putting players in the NFL will increase their ability to attract top flight Defensive play makers.

I agree that the system is player friendly to more of the HS players (recruits) and to the fans now and the Morris/Traylor combo have great personalities that have so far proven with players and their families to quickly gain trust in the recruiting process (building a team) and fun to play for.

I was just thinking about ~~ it's been brought up by the NCAA that they are VERY seriously considering dropping their transfer year penalty for players moving from a FBS to another FBS...there will be rules in place as far as certain times of year to do it and more than likely a GPA (must be academically eligible of course), but you'd be able to make 1 undergrad transfer and then possibly 1 grad transfer free...this would be HAPPENING SOON!!!

Wouldn't it be interesting to see some of Jeff Traylor's old Buckeyes that are at UT that are doing well or other places taking the free transfer to come to Arkansas to bolster a defensive backfield or linebacking core, etc...or some of the SMU wide receivers that were doing well.

It's going to lead to teams having to re-recruit their own players to keep their teams from being poached.

Just now, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I was just thinking about ~~ it's been brought up by the NCAA that they are VERY seriously considering dropping there transfer year penalty for players moving from a FBS to another FBS...there will be rules in place as far as certain times of year to do it and more than likely a GPA (must be academically eligible of course), but you'd be able to make 1 undergrad transfer and then possibly 1 grad transfer free.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see some of Jeff Traylor's old Buckeyes that are at UT that are doing well or other places taking the free transfer to come to Arkansas to bolster a defensive backfield or linebacking core, etc...or some of the SMU wide receivers that were doing well.

It's going to lead to teams having to re-recruit their own players to keep their teams from being poached.

It's a bad rule without limitations...

The only way I would approve of it is:

1) The coaching staff leaves, should make the kid eligible immediately to go ANYWHERE.

2) Graduate (current rule)

3) 1st year transfer (freshman) that has not played a game and has a 3.0 GPA or higher.

#SolvingtheNCAAproblems

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's a bad rule without limitations...

The only way I would approve of it is:

1) The coaching staff leaves, should make the kid eligible immediately to go ANYWHERE.

2) Graduate (current rule)

3) 1st year transfer (freshman) that has not played a game and has a 3.0 GPA or higher.

#SolvingtheNCAAproblems

Well here's the thing, it will level the playing field and I believe that's part of what's going on...plus they're trying to address the growing argument of "coaching constantly leaving". Many of these players are getting signed to "1-year renewable scholarships" so there's no guarantee of 4-years...these top schools are getting 3 and 4 deep of 4 and 5 star talent...immature kids get there unknowing of either of those things, because as a coach, you're a salesman (I did it for 2 decades). This makes it more work on the coach because if you want to hang onto QB2 or RB2 then you'll need to keep your head on a swivel and be re-recruiting because the competition will find ways to "get in touch". You'll have players from "TEAM B" blowing them up on facebook and twitter about how awesome they are and that they should be "the guy"...that they could be here, how great coach is here, how great our swag is, etc. I think the times of 2 deeps of all 5-star Bamer teams may end. 

Just now, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Well here's the thing, it will level the playing field and I believe that's part of what's going on...plus they're trying to address the growing argument of "coaching constantly leaving". Many of these players are getting signed to "1-year renewable scholarships" so there's no guarantee of 4-years...these top schools are getting 3 and 4 deep of 4 and 5 star talent...immature kids get there unknowing of either of those things, because as a coach, you're a salesman (I did it for 2 decades). This makes it more work on the coach because if you want to hang onto QB2 or RB2 then you'll need to keep your head on a swivel and be re-recruiting because the competition will find ways to "get in touch". You'll have players from "TEAM B" blowing them up on facebook and twitter about how awesome they are and that they should be "the guy"...that they could be here, how great coach is here, how great our swag is, etc. I think the times of 2 deeps of all 5-star Bamer teams may end. 

I think that would happen with my plan for 1 reason... That would be #3 up there with a freshman with a GPA stipulation.  All the GPA stipulation does is tie it to academics which should be tied to all NCAA rules if you ask me.   The 3.0 GPA says "I went to college, and I did my part, but the coaching staff isn't ever going to use me... So when they transfer, the school they are going to knows that they are getting a quality student.  If it is below the 3.0 (or maybe even 2.7) then they can transfer under the current rules where they have to sit out a year if they leave before they graduate.  

But this is all me trying to be NCAA commissioner "fair for the schools and the student while maintaining academic integrity for the NCAA."  But we all know that most of that is BS.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, playactionpass39 said:

I'm on board with that!!

I would take Brandon Jones and Josh Thompson in a heart beat, those two would help shore up the secondary in a hurry.

Just added a very important unofficial visitor to the list. He visited the Hogs in Dec. on an official visit. https://t.co/7dhActlWz1

Not sure if you saw it yet, this weekend could get real interesting :)

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Everyone down votes my comments even very good ones that are opinions. Kinda defeating the purpose of a message board but hey it's  anonymous. Very sad actually

The very reason I said “sad Arkansas fan”.  

They had shirts that read BMFP. I guess the motorcycle ride ruined the sales on it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to Razorbacks 2018 Thread
  • Mr. P locked this topic