I loved growing up without video games.  All you needed was a bike, a football, baseball glove, ball, and bat, basketball, .22 rifle, and a fishing pole.   Most of my time was spent outside when I wasn't at school, church, and the sun was still out.  I used to sneak into the neighbors pools when they were gone and go when I was invited.  We played some sort of sport almost everyday, but Sundays.  We'd build forts, and play war in the woods using pine cones as hand grenades and bb guns.  Back then there were a lot of woods by my house.  Those days ended in the 80's when they put new houses on the land.  We used to make ramps and try to be Evel Kneivel.  I had his action figure and the G.I. Joe Talking action figure.  My brother had the original one, but I inherited it.  One site has it listed at $200,000, I might have to sell that thing.  

41 minutes ago, MUSTANGMANIA said:

IMG_20171213_122611.jpg

Had those too.  I still have a large collection of Hot Wheels from the 60's, 70's, and early 80's.  I still buy one today if it's of a classic car that I don't have, but some of them look cheap.  They're not made like they used to make them.  

21 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Still have mine some wheres. But some of his kung fu grip fingers broke off. lol  

Me too, but he doesn't talk anymore.  That actually happened in the late 70's.  Back then I played more pinball than I would video games, because the graphics were so lame.  They didn't start getting better until the early 80's.  I can remember then that $8.50 would last you from 5 o'clock to 10 o'clock when the mall would shut down.  $5 for tokens at Alladin's Caste and $2.50 for a slice of pizza (about the size of two large slices today) and a drink.  I think Chic-fil-a sandwiches were only $2 back then.  I've been inside arcades the last 15 years, and they are all lame if they're even open in the mall anymore.  Mostly driving and shooting games.  

On 12/13/2017 at 2:45 PM, Matthias said:

The Daisy Buck! The first "firearm" I ever owned.

imageServer.aspx?w=690&h=150&itemnumber=

Got it for Christmas one year and was so proud of it, I brought to school to school to show my classmates.  :O

Can imagine what would happen nowadays?  

Still got it. Mud dobbers filled it full of mud, but I still got it.:thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Hated that messy stuff

I never could get it to make a balloon.  I preferred silly putty and slime that came in a trash can.  

Can you imagine them selling these kinds of cap guns today ?  

My brothers had two of them, but you couldn't find the caps anymore when I was a kid.  We had those sorry cap guns with the wheel that had gunpowder.  They were made of metal back then.  

• Like 1