Alto Head Coach

jacketgrad06

3-8. Lost to Henderson, Chapel Hill, Pittsburg, Atlanta, Diboll, Rusk, Jasper & PG.

Coach Meeks is a great hire. Has a lot of attributes that lead to successful head coaching careers. Pedigree, experience beyond his years, success everywhere he has been etc. 

We have some talent coming up, and we only lost a few Seniors that really contributed. Q.B is the real issue on next years team, but we have some kids that could step up and be good. Our 7th and 8th grade both had great years, and have some good talent coming in the next few years. If Meeks can get the Junior class to commit to working hard and put their hearts into the program, we have the under class man to get this thing rolling. 

11 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

That would be correct..Played some good schools..and I heard they were down as well..Lost to PG like 21-7 best I can remember..The scheme is what I love most though about their offense..Multiple offensive fronts..multiple formations which start off looking a certain way and then switch up at the last second...receivers in motion....QB getting the call by looking at the coach from the field and then right back on the ball...attack the edges with some power sweeps and screens and will run it inside out of the same look..also run play action and throw it around from under center and shotgun...I was impressed with the scheme I’ve seen 

A bit down but we played way up. 476 enrollment paying against teams like Henderson near 1000 kids and lost 21-20, Chapel Hill who had like 1100 kids and beat them his first year and lost this past season and lost to some other bigger schools. Played PG to a 14 point game. We were in almost all ball games at the half and blew several 2nd half leads due to inexperience. Werent able to run as much zone read as we would have liked cuz their wasnt really a solid QB2 if he got hurt. Meeks runs a bunch of different formations and like you said, you get one look pre snap, then just before snap 3 players will shift all over the field and change the whole set often confusing defenses. Dude is a hell of an offensive mind and a great leader. He is a guy that will teach kids the game and teach them how to become young men. Excited to see how he does running his own program. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

A bit down but we played way up. 476 enrollment paying against teams like Henderson near 1000 kids and lost 21-20, Chapel Hill who had like 1100 kids and beat them his first year and lost this past season and lost to some other bigger schools. Played PG to a 14 point game. We were in almost all ball games at the half and blew several 2nd half leads due to inexperience. Werent able to run as much zone read as we would have liked cuz their wasnt really a solid QB2 if he got hurt. Meeks runs a bunch of different formations and like you said, you get one look pre snap, then just before snap 3 players will shift all over the field and change the whole set often confusing defenses. Dude is a hell of an offensive mind and a great leader. He is a guy that will teach kids the game and teach them how to become young men. Excited to see how he does running his own program. 

Exactly Eagle. The record was not indicative of what y’all have up there. And again, exactly what I was saying about the pre snap reads and shifting. Those extra wrinkles like that can pay huge dividends especially at the 2A level. I hate that y’all lost a good one and I’m thankful to have him working with my own after seeing the respect and adoration he has received from everyone speaking about him. Looking forward to watching him do his thing. One thing about it, he will be coaching in an atmosphere that is lit like no other on a regular Friday night. I know that sounds biased being I’m from Alto, but trust me, I’ve been to some other games for other schools and it always stands out. We love our football and he’ll definitely know that for a fact the very 1st Friday night he leads the boys on the field in the 75925. 

10 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

We averaged giving up 33.4 through 10 games. Gonna have to get that wayyyy down somehow.  Atrocious on defense last year. 

We were kinda the same.....front 7 was solid against the run but our secondary got torched bad, often. Except for the game against Pleasant Grove.....we made them earn every inch on the ground and shut down the air game. We had 6'3 295, 6'1 255, 6' 320, and 6'5, 235 upfront against them.....rotated 6'3 285 with whoever got tired. Had a 6'2 220 lb OLB up there too.....coaches moved our 2 big offensive tackles up front on defense to counter their big offensive line and it worked brilliantly.....