Star Wars news

Red90fly

4 hours ago, topher805 said:

Moana makes Frozen look like a joke

Think about the originality of Frozen though... The princess (Anna), usually the hero or being rescued by the hero prince, has a best friend and an enemy who are the same person... her sister (Elsa).  They both love each other, but one becomes the bad guy in fear of hurting her sister and others... 

You don't really see that in Disney...

Moana was a typical hero saves the day movie, a la Pocahontas.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Think about the originality of Frozen though... The princess (Anna), usually the hero or being rescued by the hero prince, has a best friend and an enemy who are the same person... her sister (Elsa).  They both love each other, but one becomes the bad guy in fear of hurting her sister and others... 

You don't really see that in Disney...

Moana was a typical hero saves the day movie, a la Pocahontas.

I agree storyline wise. I just like Moana

22 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think the problem they are running into is that they still have too many of the key Old characters... 

kill off Leia, Chewy, r2d2, c3po and we have ourselves some people who can be original 

I don't have any problems with having the old characters to help blend in the new.  I just wonder how their going to go forward with Princess Leia after the death of Carrie Fisher.  I don't think they should bring in another actress to portray her character.  We'll see.  I just wonder if they're going to make more Star Wars Movies.  So far we really haven't been told anything.  I knew George Lucas wanted to make 9 originally, but with Disney there could be many more for $$$.  

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a month and a day since the release, and no one's talking about the movie.  That was the worst Star Wars movie ever.  I only really liked two parts in it the battle against the Emperor's Guards.  Snoke must have been paying attention to Kylo Ren not to feel Luke's lightsaber activate.  The other was when Luke appeared to everyone  without being there.  Why wasn't that done in past episodes.  I can't say for the use of moving things as we saw a lot in the first three movies, because in Return of the Jedi that was one of the things Luke learned, plus Yoda recovered his X Wing from the swamp.  How that thing could still work after being underwater is beyond me, but I accepted it as a kid.  The film made me wonder how they're going to make Episode IX which is due December 20, 2019.  They're going to have to somehow recruit enough rebels since maybe 100 are left from what I saw.  As we saw in the Monte Carlo part of it they'll recruit some of the children there, but they're going to have to age at least 10 years to join.  What will Princess/General Leia's  be written off since Carrie passed ?  I wonder if there will ever be closure to this series, because just as with this world there is always a balance between good and evil.  However we can't say there will be an ending with Star Wars when they make over a billion dollars for every episode.  It only cost $200 million to make, and it has already made $1.270 and growing.  There might never be an end.  Will the Empire always be in charge of the galaxies, except for outlying posts or will there be a change of power after 9 movies.  The dark side of the force will always be there, and it makes me wonder if Kylo Ren will have an apprentice to train or if Rey will even after all the books were destroyed.  We didn't see her read from them at all.  Her training that we saw was limited from what was filmed compared to Luke's in "Return of the Jedi".  I can't say that I'll watch this one again as I have every other, because I felt I didn't get my money's worth for it.  Everyone before I did, but with tickets at $15.10 not counting $15 for popcorn and a drink it was a waste of money to me.  Heck I saw the first Star Wars for only $4.25 that included ticket, popcorn, and a drink, and that was the 7:00 showing not a noon showing.  

17 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It's been a month and a day since the release, and no one's talking about the movie.  That was the worst Star Wars movie ever.  I only really liked two parts in it the battle against the Emperor's Guards.  Snoke must have been paying attention to Kylo Ren not to feel Luke's lightsaber activate.  The other was when Luke appeared to everyone  without being there.  Why wasn't that done in past episodes.  I can't say for the use of moving things as we saw a lot in the first three movies, because in Return of the Jedi that was one of the things Luke learned, plus Yoda recovered his X Wing from the swamp.  How that thing could still work after being underwater is beyond me, but I accepted it as a kid.  The film made me wonder how they're going to make Episode IX which is due December 20, 2019.  They're going to have to somehow recruit enough rebels since maybe 100 are left from what I saw.  As we saw in the Monte Carlo part of it they'll recruit some of the children there, but they're going to have to age at least 10 years to join.  What will Princess/General Leia's  be written off since Carrie passed ?  I wonder if there will ever be closure to this series, because just as with this world there is always a balance between good and evil.  However we can't say there will be an ending with Star Wars when they make over a billion dollars for every episode.  It only cost $200 million to make, and it has already made $1.270 and growing.  There might never be an end.  Will the Empire always be in charge of the galaxies, except for outlying posts or will there be a change of power after 9 movies.  The dark side of the force will always be there, and it makes me wonder if Kylo Ren will have an apprentice to train or if Rey will even after all the books were destroyed.  We didn't see her read from them at all.  Her training that we saw was limited from what was filmed compared to Luke's in "Return of the Jedi".  I can't say that I'll watch this one again as I have every other, because I felt I didn't get my money's worth for it.  Everyone before I did, but with tickets at $15.10 not counting $15 for popcorn and a drink it was a waste of money to me.  Heck I saw the first Star Wars for only $4.25 that included ticket, popcorn, and a drink, and that was the 7:00 showing not a noon showing.  

Cheapskate ;)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Solomon2212 said:

The story ended well, the antimonopoly committee banned buying Fox=)

Yet there is no end to the story.  I'm not sure where you saw that with the flick.  I simply wasn't impressed by it, not like I was the other 7 movies including Jar Jar Binks must die. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2018 at 8:44 PM, WestHardinfan1 said:

Rogue One was original........I’m betting the Han Solo movie coming out next year is original.....I wish they’d use some of that originality in the main movies........

I'll simply say I thought it was great.  I'm not going to give anything away, but if they want to make a sequel then do it.  In my opinion it could end here, but there are many things that they could build upon, and tell from the original three movies in another backstory movie.  I was surprised only 4 people were in the theater, but I went to an early showing.  I expect it to do great once word gets out.  

20 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'll simply say I thought it was great.  I'm not going to give anything away, but if they want to make a sequel then do it.  In my opinion it could end here, but there are many things that they could build upon, and tell from the original three movies in another backstory movie.  I was surprised only 4 people were in the theater, but I went to an early showing.  I expect it to do great once word gets out.  

Boba Fett is the next Star Wars story in the making

28 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I hope they retcon all the cloning bulls### that Lucas put in the "prequel" trilogy. That was a blunder among blunders for Lucas. As was unmasking Boba Fett. He should never been unmasked. That's 99 percent of his appeal. 

I can't believe there are a lot of people saying they're not even going to see "Solo", because they're mad about it being made.  I swear if they would go see it they would love the movie.  I do need to go back and re-watch the original three to see if they stuck with Han's story line in this movie.  While they could say Han was lying about his past,  he couldn't have been on one key aspect.  If they show that as a side bar in the Bobba Fett movie there would be no need for another Solo movie.  There are other things going on in the Solo movie that I would also like to watch in the future.  I'm not going to mention what those are until people have the opportunity to see it.  I don't think anyone will be disappointed.  I'm putting it up there as the 5th best Star Wars movie.  

On 5/26/2018 at 5:46 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I can't believe there are a lot of people saying they're not even going to see "Solo", because they're mad about it being made.  I swear if they would go see it they would love the movie.  I do need to go back and re-watch the original three to see if they stuck with Han's story line in this movie.  While they could say Han was lying about his past,  he couldn't have been on one key aspect.  If they show that as a side bar in the Bobba Fett movie there would be no need for another Solo movie.  There are other things going on in the Solo movie that I would also like to watch in the future.  I'm not going to mention what those are until people have the opportunity to see it.  I don't think anyone will be disappointed.  I'm putting it up there as the 5th best Star Wars movie.  

I liked it.  I did not enjoy the first 30 minutes, but the last 2 hours of it were great.  The ending was predictable, but still enjoyable and definitely left the door open to expand on if they choose to.  

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I liked it.  I did not enjoy the first 30 minutes, but the last 2 hours of it were great.  The ending was predictable, but still enjoyable and definitely left the door open to expand on if they choose to.  

I'd say that, but only if you're counting all of the previews that they showed before hand.  It seems like they show a lot today vs. when I was growing up.  It was tough watching the new Rock movie "Skyscraper"  I didn't realize I was afraid of heights until I saw that.  

On 5/25/2018 at 6:31 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Agree, me and my wife saw it this morning, thought it was good.  I hope they make a sequel to this so we can get the complete backstory of Han.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to watching The Last Jedi...  I liked it. Would rank it about even with Return of the Jedi. 

1.) Empire Strikes Back
2.) Star Wars (A New Hope)
3.) Return of the Jedi/The Last Jedi
4.) Rogue One

Haven't seen Solo yet. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, AKA said:

I hope they retcon all the cloning bulls### that Lucas put in the "prequel" trilogy. That was a blunder among blunders for Lucas. As was unmasking Boba Fett. He should never been unmasked. That's 99 percent of his appeal. 

I remember some story about George Lucas being so upset that in the old expanded universe brought Boba Fett back to life by having him crawl out of the Sarlacc Pit. It seems some what reasonable that a guy in Mandalorian Armor could manage to crawl out of the digestive system of a monster, but Lucas doesn't like it.

Then Lucas makes the Clone Wars and brings back a guy back to life that was literally cut in half and fell down basically a bottomless shaft. That is ridiculous, but Lucas saw no problem with it. Maul was in Clone Wars, Rebels, and now made into another movie. 

It's just crazy to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I remember some story about George Lucas being so upset that in the old expanded universe brought Boba Fett back to life by having him crawl out of the Sarlacc Pit. It seems some what reasonable that a guy in Mandalorian Armor could manage to crawl out of the digestive system of a monster, but Lucas doesn't like it.

Then Lucas makes the Clone Wars and brings back a guy back to life that was literally cut in half and fell down basically a bottomless shaft. That is ridiculous, but Lucas saw no problem with it. Maul was in Clone Wars, Rebels, and now made into another movie. 

It's just crazy to me.

Boba Fett surving and Darth Jar-Jar would've been amazing. 

Midichlorians, "death sticks," and galactic C-Span...  not so much.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:46 PM, MavGrad99 said:

All spin off movies have been called off, because freaking Star Wars fans boycotted "Solo".  I loved "Solo", and I was hoping for another sequel to it.  They were even talking about a Lando movie in the possible works.  I definitely would have went to see that too.  I've mentioned what I've already seen.  I'll admit that "The Last Jedi" is the only Star Wars movie that I refuse to add to my collection.  They can make up for it in the next, but they've got a lot of work to do.  It just seems like every time the Rebels knock out the Empire they come back even stronger.  

The Rebels have destroyed two Death Stars and one Solar Powered Death Planet.  The Rebel Alliance is just like a mosquito pestering them.  Now we only have one Jedi, when there were thousands before Order 66.  At one point there were hardly any Sith.  We don't even know if Darth Maul is still around, but we do know he ran a crime syndicate during the first three or episodes 4-6.  Now, we'll never know what happened with him.  I am so mad at those that didn't go see "Solo", because I wanted to see those movies on the big screen, and not some retarded animated or computer animated cartoon rubbish.  I still don't buy into there is only one Sith with an apprentice, because at one time Palpatine, Vader, Maul, and Snoke were all around.  You can't tell me Snoke wasn't around during episodes 4-6, because he seemed to be one of the most powerful of the Sith.  Yet he wasn't aware he was going to be struck down by Luke's light saber.  Plus in essence the Emperor's Royal Guard were trained in using the force so they were Sith as well using the dark force with their force pikes and in the "Last Jedi"  light sabers, pikes, nunchucks, and what looks like a Chinese deer horn knife/ saber that can be pulled apart.  

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/box-office/solo-flop-deals-star-wars-franchise-another-blow/news-story/e9cb1719af8f228359ca4eb63e2c2f4d