Star Wars news

Red90fly

On 7/16/2018 at 7:04 PM, Valhalla said:

It’s The Last Jedi backlash.

Just because one movie was bad doesn't mean you should boycott all others.  I had plans to go see "Solo" again at the theater tomorrow, but it's already out of mainstream theaters, and it hasn't made it to the Discount theater yet.  I plan on purchasing it, because it was all I expected and more.  I just wanted another sequel of it, because there were so many loose ends with Maul.  How Solo got involved with Jabba, and other things leading up to the first Star Wars.  I wanted to see the Lando spinoff movie, and see how his life fared inbetween the fuel hijack, and becoming the Administrator of Cloud City.  The last we know is he lost a fortune to Han in a card game including his precious Millennium Falcon that had sort of been trashed in the Kessel Run.  I'm sure he had many adventures also in the 10-20 years between Solo and "The Empire Strikes Back".  We've all seen terrible sequels to movies, and some of us have went to see the third, fourth, or fifth.  "The Last Jedi" wasn't overly bad, but it was the worst of all Star Wars live character movies in my opinion.  Now, we won't know about Darth Maul or Bobba Fett the two most popular bad guys in Star Wars history in a live action sci-fi movie.  These trash fans, are ruining things for die hard fans.  I don't go to cosplay events, but if I ever meet one in real life I will trash them.  They've destroyed other great movies that could have been made.  

58 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Just because one movie was bad doesn't mean you should boycott all others.  I had plans to go see "Solo" again at the theater tomorrow, but it's already out of mainstream theaters, and it hasn't made it to the Discount theater yet.  I plan on purchasing it, because it was all I expected and more.  I just wanted another sequel of it, because there were so many loose ends with Maul.  How Solo got involved with Jabba, and other things leading up to the first Star Wars.  I wanted to see the Lando spinoff movie, and see how his life fared inbetween the fuel hijack, and becoming the Administrator of Cloud City.  The last we know is he lost a fortune to Han in a card game including his precious Millennium Falcon that had sort of been trashed in the Kessel Run.  I'm sure he had many adventures also in the 10-20 years between Solo and "The Empire Strikes Back".  We've all seen terrible sequels to movies, and some of us have went to see the third, fourth, or fifth.  "The Last Jedi" wasn't overly bad, but it was the worst of all Star Wars live character movies in my opinion.  Now, we won't know about Darth Maul or Bobba Fett the two most popular bad guys in Star Wars history in a live action sci-fi movie.  These trash fans, are ruining things for die hard fans.  I don't go to cosplay events, but if I ever meet one in real life I will trash them.  They've destroyed other great movies that could have been made.  

Well it’s not so much that it was bad as much as is basically destroyed the legacy of Luke Skywalker and everything that happened in the original trilogy.

That’s what the backlash is about.

22 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Well it’s not so much that it was bad as much as is basically destroyed the legacy of Luke Skywalker and everything that happened in the original trilogy.

That’s what the backlash is about.

I felt so as well.  It basically showed that the Sith had won over good.  There were so many other things in the movie that didn't make sense.  I've already voiced my displeasure with the movie in another thread.  It sure isn't going to stop me from going to see anymore Star Wars movies.  I know some of them will be terrible, but "Solo" was so much better, and that's why I rank it third out of all the Star Wars movies.  It tied many things up, but left many questions as well, and why I wanted a sequel to it.  In my opinion it could tell the Bobba Fett story as well, and they could leave out him escaping from the sarlacc.  Of course this would still include Jabba and Darth Maul since they are the crime syndicates that are the most powerful.  I still don't see how a giant slug could be a crime boss, but I can see Darth Maul being one using the dark side to aid in his attempt to be wealthy through ill gotten means.  Unless Jabba is a Sith Lord too how did he come to such power unless he had supernatural forces.  It was sort of shown in "Return of the Jedi" when he first met Luke,  when he said his Jedi mind tricks wouldn't work on him, but that's all we know even about his beginnings.  We know he belonged to the Hutt Clan, and made an alliance with the Republic and then the Empire which was why Han was sent to him.  Why would he have such a large bounty on Han that even Vader would make a deal with him ?

20 hours ago, Valhalla said:

So far in the story Rey doesn’t need any help. She is all powerful and all knowing.

I will say she is far more powerful than Luke or Vader were, especially at the beginning of their training.  Either that or Kylo Ren isn't as powerful as he thinks he is.  Had it not been for the Death Planet to begin self imploding she could have easily taken him out of the picture.  She had not been taught a single lesson by either a Jedi or a Sith.  Anakin was quickly taken out of the first duel with Dooku being slammed up against the wall, and then getting his hand cut off.  It took  Yoda to show up to save him and Obi Wan.  It wasn't until the second battle that he was able to defeat Dooku.  Then he was basically turned into half man half machine in his duel with Obi Wan.  Luke never came close to defeating Vader, even after he had become a Jedi.  Yet Rey could do what she did, and Kylo Ren killed many fellow Jedi padwans after Luke tried to attack him.  That's why I see Rey as the most powerful Jedi.  Why Lea became a General instead of a Jedi is beyond me, because the force was strong in her as well.